Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Eilif's Toybashing and More (12/17 Alpha Strike in 10mm)  (Read 70906 times)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Really nice, it could also be used for Shadowrun Berlin, for example. Great !

That's one sexy looking town. And I agree with what Sundayhero said. Cyberpunk dystopian urban decay.

"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Just a few more neons and vents  ;)

It motivates me to start my own shadowrun project. I've got the minis, I've got the MDF for the scenery bases, and I need is some TIME  :D

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box

Phenomenal, you are a dynamo.  A dynamo with a lot of storage space too it appears   ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Stunning!
And, oh so useful.
 :-* 8) :-*

Now you make me feel bad for not ordering some buildings and quonset huts during the Xmas sale. That was a nice deal, but P&P to EU made it less interesting  :'(

Me too.
If I had seen these finished pictures first I think I would have just caved in and bought them....hey, ho... :'(

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
Superb. Absolutely superb.
Thank you for allowing me to see just what can be done with these buildings - they're brilliant.

I'm with Hawkeye, great inspiration here.

I wasn't smart enough to buy three story buildings, but my stash of 2s oughta see me through.

I'll go against the flow here & say I'm not fond of the Quonset roofs.
I've lived & worked in enough of 'em to be unable to see 'em as anything else I guess.

That awning though is simply brilliant!!

Valerik

Lifelong Talent Despiser, having none of mine own
BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Phenomenal, you are a dynamo.  A dynamo with a lot of storage space too it appears   ;)
I don't have a basement or a garage, but I've been putting alot of shelves in our 3 story, enclosed porch (a common Chicago building feature) which serves as our storage space. If you buy the right Sterilite strage tubs, you can fit 3 of these in each tub.

I'm with Hawkeye, great inspiration here.

I wasn't smart enough to buy three story buildings, but my stash of 2s oughta see me through.
Thanks!
I made the same mistake and bought the "warzone tenement" 2 story kits instead of the "Operation Cerberus" 3 story kits even though they were the same price during the sale. Kicking myself over that one.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
I just put up a review of the $6 Sci-Fi Tanks from Tehnolog, the company that brought you Robogear, Platformer and Hexagon.
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2015/02/six-dollar-tanks-from-russia.html
I tried to be pretty thorough and included construction hints, resolving the kit's few shortcomings and comparison to a Leman Russ.

Very pleased with them. A friend and I split a box of 10 and I'm definitely looking forward to fielding a platoon of these.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:13:46 PM by eilif »

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Nice review, Eilif. Ta! I've got a few Heresy troopers in the lead pile that might use some armoured backup like this. :) Pity there's no option for a single 'normal' gun barrel, but I've got a handful of styrene tubes lying around here, doing nothing.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice review, Eilif. Ta! I've got a few Heresy troopers in the lead pile that might use some armoured backup like this. :) Pity there's no option for a single 'normal' gun barrel, but I've got a handful of styrene tubes lying around here, doing nothing.

Thanks!
I was also a bit surprised that it didn't have a singe long-barrel option.  I suspect folks who buy it for 40k will have or trade for 40k guns, but that's not what I bought it for.  If you don't mind a stubby barrel it wouldn't be hard to graft one of the double barrels onto the base of the plasma cannon.  I've got the long barrels left over from my Destroid monster. Maybe I should mount those to this thing?

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Eilif's Urban Terrain and More (April 15. 6mm buildings)
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 07:41:02 PM »
Just finished up my first ever commissions for 6mm buildings .  I copied the style ruthlessly from ironhands.com, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.  I may even make some for myself sometime.
More pics of each building and such here:
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2015/04/small-scale-building-commissions.html
The figs used for scale are 10mm mechwarrior units.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Eilif's Urban Terrain and More (April 15 6mm buildings)
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
Lovely stuff.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »
Brilliant!
 :-*

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2015, 12:34:40 PM »
Thanks folks,
        I'd be curious to hear if folks would be interested or think others would be interested in these buildings if I were to make some more.  I'm kicking around the idea of doing a few batches on-spec for sale.  Prices would probably be 15 for the smallest up to 25 or so for the largest buildings

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2016, 08:46:12 PM »
Finally back in the swing of things and making more terrain.  Not necessarily Futuristic this time, but it could be and since all my stuff is here anyway...

I'm finally working on the Fisher Price Parking Garage that I've had sitting around for ages.  This is for a buddy of mine who is painting up a 15 figure Necromunda gang for me.

Here's how it started.

I build most of my terrain with out a base and he was ok with that, so the base came off, it was dis-assembled and the various parts got soaked in purple power to get the stickers off.

Then I got to work.  Just yesterday I found a batch of plastic word cards, base 10 blocks and square tokens at the resale shop and I used some of all of them in this along with lots of other bits.  They all seem to be made of plastics that will adhere with MEK based plastic glue which makes assembly alot easier.  The actual garage levels aren't shown because asside from removing the red crank from the front I didnt change anything.  Virtually all my effort went into the elevator tower.

Base 10 bricks, tokens, other bits, etc...  Just alot of stuff glued on to make empty space more interesting

The middle of the side is a separate piece which will make it easy to spray it a contrasting color before assembly.  Love those word tiles for covering over the spaces formelry occupied by the elevator crank and bell.

Here's what the 3 wall sections look like together.

The elevator car and 3 removable "doors".  The car will be permanently parked on the second floor so I put some base 10 bricks around the roof to make it easy to put figs on the "third" floor.

In most parking garages, the passengers ride in the elevator, so the passenger gondola was unecessary.  However the bottom section will make a good cover for an AC unit on the roof of the structure. I made the internal AC stuff out of  Knex, Mega and Base 10 blocks.  I was just throwing it together, but it does have rough representations of some of the major AC unit parts.

Just got finished base coating everything. I should have pics of that up tomorrow.

Offline inkwell

• Scientist
Re: Eilif's Urban Terrain and More (6/4 Converted Parking Garage)
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
Sweet! I love your toy builds brother. Those bricks are just right!