Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:58:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690366
  • Total Topics: 118327
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Egyptian Bugle Cords  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Major Weenie

• Scientist
  • Never Too Early for a Refreshing Beverage!
    • The Bengal Club
Egyptian Bugle Cords
« on: August 17, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
Painting up some of the Perry 1880's Egyptian infantry.  Lots of experimentation on shading white.  I seem to be drifting towards using a light camel color for the jacket and trowsers, but a grey for the leggings.  This probably isn't accurate.  Every color drawing seems to have the leggings in exactly the same color as the trousers.  However, they just seem to look better this way.

Anyway, on to the questions.
1.) What color is the bugle cord for Egyptian infantry?
2.) What about unit standards?  The discussion over at The Bengal Club seems to have settled on the opinion that the Egyptian flags over on the Warflag web site (green with exotic numbers in the center) are battalion colors, but the cool and groovy flags held by the figures over on the Perry site (red with a white moon) are National colors.

Any info out there?
Regards,
Dow

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
Re: Egyptian Bugle Cords
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:08:41 AM »
Don't know diddly about bugle cords but here's what the Egyptian Army flag set, available at TVAG, looks like.

Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline thejammedgatling

• Mad Scientist
Re: Egyptian Bugle Cords
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:07:28 PM »
2.) What about unit standards?  The discussion over at The Bengal Club seems to have settled on the opinion that the Egyptian flags over on the Warflag web site (green with exotic numbers in the center) are battalion colors, but the cool and groovy flags held by the figures over on the Perry site (red with a white moon) are National colors.

Any info out there?
Regards,
Dow

Not sure about the bugle cords. I painted mine red to go with the trimming on the uniforms and I liked the results. I purchased my flags from TM Terrain :
http://www.tmterrain.com/

They have the green flags with the white regimental number which actually is one of my favourite now in the Sudan collection. The Khedives flag  was three crescents on a red field, and then there is the national flag. 1st - 8th battalion of the Egyptian army were Egyptian and the 9th to 12 battalions were Sudanese (according to the site). Not sure if that is from the time of the first or second Sudan campaign.

TM also do some more 'Hollywood' style flags for the period.