Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:00:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686650
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Tiles  (Read 1887 times)

Offline zorg

• Librarian
Dungeon Tiles
« on: November 25, 2016, 03:36:11 PM »
This took quite some time! The tiles are basically Hirst Arts tiles. To speed things up a bit, I created a few more molds from the pieces I cast. The new molds did, as expected, shrink about 1 mm, so things don't exactly fit together. As this is going to be a 2.5D dungeon, that won't matter much. The few walls I'll add will go on the plates, to create more complex bigger rooms.

I'm working on a few more center pieces (stairs, wells, ritual rooms). I'm creating these mostly from foam core, just as the octagonal room. The doors will be based on a master I'm sculpting from Apoxie, mold it, and then cast in dental plaster.

As I ran out of spray coat, I resorted to some brush-on clear coat, which unfortunately left a white film in some places. Should have used white glue instead.

understanding is a three-edged sword

Offline frenchfever

• Scientist
Re: Dungeon Tiles
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
it looks really cool !  will you use it for Oldhammer warhammer style ?

Offline zorg

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
it looks really cool !  will you use it for Oldhammer warhammer style ?

This is a touch embarassing, but I haven't decided on a ruleset yet... :) I have a bunch of 15mm figs painted and waiting, so I could start right away. In theory. I sort of started building without a clear idea what to do with all this stuff. And there's a bunch of unpainted floor tiles left!

I'm probably looking at some version of Two Hour Wargames rules (love the limited control and decent AI system), or possibly some Hero Quest mod, or maybe something else entirely.

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »
Very cool. I'm a big fan of the Hirst arts molds, but I've not got any of the fantasy/medieval type ones. The foam core octagon is well done too.

Looking forward to seeing the contents for the dungeon, as well as some hapless adventurers!

Offline Hummster

• Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:32:26 AM »
This is a touch embarassing, but I haven't decided on a ruleset yet... :) I have a bunch of 15mm figs painted and waiting, so I could start right away. In theory. I sort of started building without a clear idea what to do with all this stuff. And there's a bunch of unpainted floor tiles left!

I'm probably looking at some version of Two Hour Wargames rules (love the limited control and decent AI system), or possibly some Hero Quest mod, or maybe something else entirely.
Well for Two Hour Wargames rules that include Dungeon Crawling you have
  • Two Hour Dungeon Crawl
  • Warrior Heroes Legends
  • Warrior Heroes: Armies and Adventure

I have the Dungeon Crawl and WH:A&A rules - the dungeon crawl is just what it says while WH:A&A includes a much wider range of stuff such as mass battles.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:48:12 AM by Hummster »

Offline zorg

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 12:17:52 PM »
Well for Two Hour Wargames rules that include Dungeon Crawling you have
  • Two Hour Dungeon Crawl
  • Warrior Heroes Legends
  • Warrior Heroes: Armies and Adventure

I have the Dungeon Crawl and WH:A&A rules - the dungeon crawl is just what it says while WH:A&A includes a much wider range of stuff such as mass battles.

I have the WH:A&A rules printed and nicely bound. They look a lot like what I want, so this will be the first thing I'll try.