Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:41:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690713
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 1026
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My last units for WZR: Bauhaus... for now  (Read 1931 times)

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
My last units for WZR: Bauhaus... for now
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »
OK, I finished my last minis for Bauhaus last night... tow squads of Etoiles Mortant, another squad of Hussars and extra Hussars for the existing squads:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/my-last-bauhaus-units-for-now/

The blog post also includes a post to the gallery, which will showcase all models together. 63 Infantry and 11 vehicles in total!

Enjoy! Burkhard

And the pre-view:

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: My last units for WZR: Bauhaus... for now
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
Fantastic stuff man! Really love what you have done. Love the game, too bad there are no dedicated players in my vicinity :(
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
Thanks!

Have you tried asking on their forum http://forum.prodosgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41&sid=8ed2790549d29237b04082334608a376&start=140 or their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/357812617583537/? I can hardly imagine there will be no one around! It would be such a shame!!!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
How did you find putting them together? I bought the Mishima starter set the other week, and it's no fun. The 'restic' is awful on small items - eg the additional guns - they are as bendy as old 1:72nd Airfix, there was a lot of flash and thus far have been a bugger to glue even using the correct type of glue. Couple with some bad choices of where the sprue joins the arms I can't say I'm impressed. If they had done the bodies and legs in resin, maybe the heads, but the arms and weapons in metal would have been better - or perhaps I just lucked out with a bad box  ???

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
Sooo...when are you going to make an actual winter/snow table!?  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »
Impressive force!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:08:21 AM »
How did you find putting them together? I bought the Mishima starter set the other week, and it's no fun. The 'restic' is awful on small items - eg the additional guns - they are as bendy as old 1:72nd Airfix, there was a lot of flash and thus far have been a bugger to glue even using the correct type of glue. Couple with some bad choices of where the sprue joins the arms I can't say I'm impressed. If they had done the bodies and legs in resin, maybe the heads, but the arms and weapons in metal would have been better - or perhaps I just lucked out with a bad box  ???

Warzone uses resin and IMO it is easy to work with, but it can be SUPERFIDDLY! So removing mould lines can be tricky on things like guns and swords, but on body parts it usually is quite easy with a sharp scalpel. For glue, use superglue. With my models the parts almost instantly bonded and the bonds are very strong. But you may have several resin colors amongst your parts...from what I read is that the different colors don't always bond well together.

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 07:31:54 AM »
Thank you all!

@Aliensurfer: I know what you means, but on average I found flesh and so on to be minimal. I got at least one of everything from the KS and while there was some flash and minor mold misalignments, I found them to be less than with other companies. But the Katanats and the Mishima troops are really thin and to be honest they are giving me a bit of a headache as well. I know some people have replaced them with brass wire hammered flat, not sure if I will go down that road, but it might be an option for you.

@Elbows: I had planned to do that this summer. The problem is, I will need a large piece of canvas (2m x 3,5m). I need to pick that up in person since shipping will be exorbitant and I need to wait until my travels bring me close to a suitable retailer. But it should happen this year!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Warzone uses resin and IMO it is easy to work with, but it can be SUPERFIDDLY! So removing mould lines can be tricky on things like guns and swords, but on body parts it usually is quite easy with a sharp scalpel. For glue, use superglue. With my models the parts almost instantly bonded and the bonds are very strong. But you may have several resin colors amongst your parts...from what I read is that the different colors don't always bond well together.

superglue didn't work - had to use another version of superglue - in the end Loc-Tite worked. Mine were gray resin. The choice of join from the part to the mold are still bad though.

@ Brooklyn - thanks for that - I am eyeing up a few more starter sets and a few of the other releases. Luckily none of the factions have enough models that I like for me to get back into the game - ironically, despite buying the rulebooks for the previous editions it was the fugly models that put me off  lol

Offline 14th brooklyn

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 11:59:32 AM »
Hmm, never had any problems with the superglue (I use the brush on version from UHU). Never had any problems mixing grey and blue resin parts. From what they say, it is just a different colour they add to denote the two different casting crews. That being said, I have always felt that the grey castings were a little crisper.

Regarding the minis. I felt that some of the 2nd Ed. Bauhaus and Capitol looked pretty cool already. With the current incarnation, I think Mishima and especially Imperial look really ace.