Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: shadowrun and cyberpunk miniatures source  (Read 26385 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: shadowrun and cyberpunk 10 or 15mm source
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Excellent topic, Cyberpunk is the best. That reminds me I must go back to doing some Cyberpunk myself soon again...
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »
I also like Cyberpunk and Judge dredd setups, but I recently discovered Shadowruns, and I like the mix of cybernetics and fantasy.

I took a look on my 28mm collection, I found nice 2nd gen GW ratskins, wich will be excellent shamans  8) I also found droids from UrbanWar, wich will make really cool security robots, warzone corporation suits, etc, etc...That's why I'll stay in big scale, finally. Because going in 15mm and replace all these minis will not be money saving after all.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:31 AM »
Effigy Miniatures had a small range of 15mm figures for The Department, including a Not-Deckard and various "Fabricants" in disguise. They are closed at the moment, though.

http://josephdragovich.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/glimps-of-things-to-come.html

http://effigyminis.blogspot.de/

Offline Oldben1

• Mastermind
    • My Terrain Projects
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »
Effigy, unfortunately closed down. :'(

Offline Whitwort Stormbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »
The same guy that made the Department game did a kickstarter not too long ago for a related game, Ghosts of Hefei, and some of those minis would make good cyberpunk characters.  They're not in production yet, but something to keep an eye out for.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931671462/ghosts-of-hefei-tabletop-near-future-gang-warfare

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: shadowrun and cyberpunk miniatures source
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 01:18:51 AM »
Thanks

Finally I'll stay in 28mm for cyberpunk and shadowrun, mostly because I already have a big scifi 28mm collection (necromunda, urban war, warzone -especially corporation figures- and a few near future compatible heroclix). Scenery will be district/block scale, with detailed interiors.

I'll use 15mm only for epic super heroes gaming, where the scenery scale will be more "super" (I plan to create a full scale urban center ala manathan or mmogame Paragon city). It will allow me to create credible skycrapers, for example.

So concerning shadowrun in 28mm, I discovered that Ral Partha was still selling an official range ! It's really difficult to find decent pics of the minis. I'm a big fan of ral partha fantasy range, I'm wondering if anyone has good pics of the official RP shadowrun minis ?  I'm wondering how they (the humans at least) will match (scale) old necromunda or urban war 28mm figures ?

thanks ! Tommorow I'll post a pic of my 28mm scifi collection I plan to use.

thanks

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »
I think Iron Wind Metals still produce this range, they will have pictures.

These are true 25mm scale and have non-heroic proportions (not completely realistic either but nothing like GW for example)., so they will be noticeably slighter and smaller than 28/32mm miniatures. Which is a shame because there are a lot of cool figures in this range. Grenadier's official Cyberpunk line has the same "Problem", if you can call it that.

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 04:52:48 AM »
I myself have been looking for good 28mm cyberpunk miniatures.
I was really looking forward to Shadowrun's Sprawl Gangs miniature game, but I don't know if that is ever going to happen.
I backed the Mercs Recon kickstarter, partly because I think the game seems to me like a cooperate version of a Shadowrun, (I am even going to paint up the security forces like Lone Star troops) and partly because I can get a lot of use out of the unarmed office worker miniatures that are coming with the game.
In hoc signo vinces

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 04:13:41 PM »
Personaly, I prefer old school style minis (modern or vintage), I'm not a fan of mercs miniatures, even if they are really good looking.

Concerning ral partha shadowrun minis, do you have any comparison pics ? Are the shadowrun RP minis the same scale the classic fantasy are ?

On my side, I'll take a look on my RP fantasy minis to compare with my urban war and (perfect size match) old necromunda figs.

thanks

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »
I would mind some old school style figs either, but for my tastes, the Necromunda figs I own (apart from a few escher gangers) have to much GW flavor to them to work for me.
I currently use a mix of some Foundry Street Violence figs, the odd Heroclix fig that I have re-purposed and Rezolution figures from Abberant games.

Offline n815e

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the links. Concerning the necromunda figures, I own Escher minis and ratskins.

The first ones are a good way to add female minis wich not look like Playboy central page models, and the 2nd ones are not bad for native americans and shamans in Shadowruns !

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 07:03:25 PM »
]...]

Are the shadowrun RP minis the same scale the classic fantasy are ?

[...]

Yes. 25mm scale.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
Some good stuff here:
http://www.aberrantgames.com/darktomorrow.html

Yes, Aberrant is terrific for Cyberpunk. I feel like such a turd I sold all of mine!

And East Riding Miniatures have very nice and characterful sculpts, which are quite cheap too. Win-win!
http://shop.eastridingminiatures.co.uk/corporate-wars-55-c.asp

And of course em4...but I assume everybody knows these :)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
I compared some of my necromunda (vansaar, escher) and urban war minis with the fantasy ral partha I have, they are a pretty decent scale match if you ask me. I'll post pics tonight. If the shadowrun range is the same size than the fantasy range, it should be OK.  

I also found some of my old 1st edition warzone Cartel agents, they will make nice transhuman orcs with a bit of conversion.