Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The AGGRO Thread  (Read 87751 times)

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
The AGGRO Thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »
Anyone playing AGGRO?

Let's have an AGGRO thread.

Here's half a firm:

http://tewblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/aggro-hit-squad.html

And here's a bit of stadium:

http://tewblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/aggro-stadium.html

What's everyone else doing with it?

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The AGGRO Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
Right thuggish crew there.  :)
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
I recognise that strip. My grandmother having lived a stone's throw from the old Eastville ground (until the house got bulldozed to make way for the M32) helps.
I've got the figures but not for AGGRO. Mine are going to be a bunch of hooligans to get in the way during my 7TV games.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline orm1

• Scientist
    • Ormesmodels
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
That's great!  :-* love the pitch. I'm building something similar I've got a thread in the workbench section, sorry don't know how to do a link. Not got rules yet getting them soon. Attached a photo of my turnstiles rest are in my other thread.

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »
I recognise that strip. My grandmother having lived a stone's throw from the old Eastville ground (until the house got bulldozed to make way for the M32) helps.
I've got the figures but not for AGGRO. Mine are going to be a bunch of hooligans to get in the way during my 7TV games.

Funnily enough, my gran used to live a stone's throw from Eastville Stadium, in a now-demolished house, too!

I'm also thinking of using the minis for some 7TV. Probably a hooligans vs police thing.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:03:08 PM by monkeylite »

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »
That's great!  :-* love the pitch. I'm building something similar I've got a thread in the workbench section, sorry don't know how to do a link. Not got rules yet getting them soon. Attached a photo of my turnstiles rest are in my other thread.

Brilliant. Here's your thread, for the record:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=71416.0

I just went with a few modular wall-lengths, but I love your proper, surrounding wall. Also love the way you went for a proper industrial structure for your stand roof. Wish I'd noticed your thread while I was building mine.

Here's my turnstiles. I went for the crappy breeze block look, instead:

Gregson Out!

Offline orm1

• Scientist
    • Ormesmodels
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:57:35 PM »
Love the breeze block look that looks like a proper nasty ground to go to, that's a compliment!

How did you make your pitch, that's next up for me I was gonna just go with a grass mat but I like the muddy 70s style pitch.

What are the rules like?

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:25:49 PM »
Love the breeze block look that looks like a proper nasty ground to go to, that's a compliment!

How did you make your pitch, that's next up for me I was gonna just go with a grass mat but I like the muddy 70s style pitch.

What are the rules like?
The pitch is just a mat which I gouged up semi randomly, and then painted acrylic resin with brown pigment into the gouges. Then I painted some PVA on randomly, and covered with a flock mix. The lines were drawn with a 2mm Posterman wet-wipe pen.

It looked a real mess, and I thought I'd over done it, but I think it ended up looking ok in situ.

Not played it yet, but it's a squad based game, where you typically have 4 or 5 gangs of 5 to 11 models roaming the streets. Most of your troops are Lads, but you can get Geezers which are worth two lads for certain actions, like fighting. And a Guv'nor who is worth 4.

Each squad can either sing, throw missiles or fight. Throwing and fighting are similar to a lot of wargames. Singing is about either taunting the enemy towards you or intimidating them to back away, or you can just have a sing-off to see who is the loudest.

Each action can earn you street cred if you do it well, and generally street cred is what wins you a scenario.

There's a campaign system where you can get more lads into your firm if you have enough street cred, or you can promote lads to Geezers, etc. There are a number of power-ups that you can buy for your firm generally, or for Geezers or your Guv'nor.

It's all driven by drawing playing cards, where basically picture cards are successes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:30:05 PM by monkeylite »

Offline orm1

• Scientist
    • Ormesmodels
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I've seen some photos of a demo game looked awesome I'd sort of half built the stand but seeing that and the rules coming out give me a kick up the backside to get stuck in again.

I'm getting a subbuteo floodlight for the corner and been working on some terraced houses and shops.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »
You will need to get a yellow stream flowing down the terrace  lol

Ive got a load of the figures unpianted but doubt id ever get anyone here to game it. Hope they bring out some Casuals though :D

Offline orm1

• Scientist
    • Ormesmodels
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
What did you use for your breeze blocks and corrugated roof?

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 06:41:55 PM »
I believe the breeze blocks are Slaters Plasticard 7mm Paving Grey. Istm if you want closer to a real breeze block size then 4mm would be better. (Probably would go with that if I had the choice again.)

The roofing on the stadium is Wills OO Corrugated Asbestos.

Offline orm1

• Scientist
    • Ormesmodels
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 10:19:58 PM »
Rules were ordered last week along with some St. John's ambulance hoping they will arrive early in the week.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
I've got the rules, which I'm still going through as usually I go for much simpler rules. They look good. I'm working out which figures to get for firms, I'm just painting one set of Offensive Mini's protestors as I think they'll be a fair amount of cross over between this and riot games.

I do like the card idea, I'm a big fan of cards in games.

I was disappointed to see the the old bill play only an incidental part in it... thinking about how I might bolt-on rules for them so I can use just this rule set for both hooli games and riots, and even hooli/riots which devolve into a zombie game...  ::)

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
I have some painted up but have not gamed them yet.
I painted the skinheads in blue also
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.