Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686601
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Arctic exploration (pics)  (Read 5403 times)

Offline imurdentist

• Bookworm
Re: Arctic exploration (pics)
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
I've got one. It's a frame for modular section onto which I stretcjed a large cloth of white felt.

Nice!
And your U-Boot is even nicer. I was toying around with that idea and might copy your style somewhere in the future. If that's ok with you?!
Pics definitly saved on my computer  8)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »
I've got one. It's a frame for modular section onto which I stretcjed a large cloth of white felt.

Nice!
And your U-Boot is even nicer. I was toying around with that idea and might copy your style somewhere in the future. If that's ok with you?!
Pics definitly saved on my computer  8)

"Immitation is the most sincere form of flattery". Thank you!

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
 :o :-*

please more more !!
where are the figures from please !!
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »

:o :-*
please more more !!
where are the figures from please !!

Most of the minis are Copplestone - the explorers and sledge, the Inuit hunters, the polar bear, walrus and husky. The wolves are Ral Partha, and the musk ox is from the HLBS Great White North range. The Inuit drummer and shaman are by Bear's Den. To be honest, the sculpts on those aren't fantastic but they painted up OK...

someone's need a new pair of glasses  ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline archangel1

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 02:40:20 AM »
… or maybe it's because our two weeks of summer, here in Canada, are already gone?   lol

Nice, wasn't it!  lol  Actually, we're in the longest stretch of good weather we've had all year.  Over a week of sunny days, except for a brief shower on the weekend.  We're coming off the wettest summer on record, with 5 times the rain that's hit Vancouver, although I understand parts of Québec have had it worse than us! I have this picture of some poor island in the middle of the South Pacific going through its worst drought in years while we get its monsoons.

oxiana - nice figures! I've got some of those Ral Partha wolves buried somewhere, too.  Haven't thought about them in years, although I don't remember seeing the howling one.  Must also dig out my Pulp Figures 'Northland Adventurers' set one day!

Oh, and Calimero...Happy 400th, Ville de Québec.  Salut!
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 08:38:23 AM »
Those Ral Partha wolves really are great. I did quite a search to find some suitable minis, but lots of the wolf sculpts out there are very cartoonish or GW-on-steroids. Also, you often see them painted up in just  solid grey or black, when in real life their pelts are a lot more varied. More interesting to look at for my money and very quick to paint: just a couple of different washes and drybrushes and they were done in a trice! Ironically, it took ages to get a paint job I was happy with for the polar bear, and that thing is just meant to be white...

As for gaming? Well, when there's time I want to expand the collection a bit to increase the options. A Viking raiding party could place the action in Inuit Greenland (and Gripping Beast do a lovely Viking trading boat that would go a treat here), but I also fancy some Foundry mountain men and trappers to relocate the action elsewhere too. And then of course, Copplestone have just brought out that brilliant Snow Cat that's begging to be bought...