Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Latest mini received  (Read 974841 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Latest mini received
« Reply #5700 on: June 22, 2023, 07:56:39 PM »
A couple of days ago, I came across an auction/sale of this 'large collection' of Warzone miniatures on the local Dutch auction site. It stated the lot was too comprehensive to list completely, but it contained 'at least 100' miniatures.

A cursory glance at the pictures told me it was probably well above a hundred, and having become a bit of a sucker for all kinds of nineties miniatures, including Warzone, I decided to throw him a reasonable enough offer, which was still cheeky enough to satisfy the bargain hunter in me.

I offered him €400,-, knowing well enough that between €2,- and €2,50 per mini was a steal and he almost immediately accepted my offer. So the deal was struck.

He then sent me the lot, packed in three boxes, taped and strapped together to form one huge package, weighing in at a whopping 19.4 Kg!

It arrived today, and between errands and chores, I was able to unpack it all and do a preliminary headcount. And this came in ridiculously high at 417.

417!!

This comes down to €1,- per miniature, including the postage. And this is what the steal of the century looks like...

Of the 417, 116 are plastics, mostly from the core boxed set, and the Blood Berets and Fury of the Clansmen boxes. about 10 troopers were missing from the large box, and two from the Clansmen one, but that's just stating facts, and not a complaint.

Most of the unit boxes are filled with twice their original number of minis, and some also have champions added, so those are pretty much overfilled.

There's also a considerable amount of loose minis, not all of them Warzone. There's a squad of 40K Stormtroopers, a few Chronopia ones, a squad of VOID troopers, some Foundry futuristic gangers and assorted other stuff. Some very interesting, some pretty mundane (like a headless squad of Space Marines) but all very cheap of course.

Oh; and a pile of bits to complete some of the loose multipart minis, but some parts which obviously do not fit anywhere too, so they will go into the bits box eventually. Also; a Purple Shark hoverbike lacking its riders for some reason.

Then there are a couple of nice resin terrain pieces such as sandbags and portals.

There are a few Chronopia unit boxes, as well as a terrain box sans minis. As an aside, the Warzone terrain box was also missing its minis and also the cardboard terrain (but it did hold the headless Space Marines and a single D10).

So yeah; I'm really happy but also overwhelmed. Now I'll have to sort it all, decide which ones will stay and which ones will be moved on to new homes. Therefore, between this haul and the previous big lot last month, there should be quite some surplus, so expect a big sales thread later this year ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #5701 on: February 29, 2024, 04:56:58 PM »
Nice haul, Daeothar!
Just got myself a Silver Bajonet Forest Witch, A Cult Magister from Shadowsomething from Northstar and 2 Osprey Judge Dredd Games. One og them being Helter Skelter, so with some Slaine, Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog models. Very curious if it's a bit of quality or just simple gaming pieces.
Leadhead

Offline Ran The Cid

• Bookworm
« Reply #5702 on: March 05, 2024, 11:39:21 PM »
Its been a busy year for Scandinavian Kickstarters, and there is yet one more waiting to start.

In the back row, about 20 figures "Viking Saga" from Sally 4th.  On the left, about 40 Vendel figures "The Tale of Beowulf" from Medbury Miniatures.  On the right, about 120 figures from the Ragnarok 6 "Sons of Odin" by Colin Patten.