Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 678
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: anyone make any British Infantry in bush hats for the 1990's 15mm or 20mm  (Read 3941 times)

Offline dm

• Scientist
Been reading Operation Mayhem by Steve Heaney MC about the Pathfinders action in Sierra Leone and reccomend it highly published by Orion Publishing Group.

Now looking for British infantry in 15mm or 20mm i could use for a Force on Force series of games. The infantry would need to be equipped with SA 80 as the main bit of kit and wearing bush hats. I know it's a tall order and may have to rely on greenstuff but for the headgear but full force it is only 26 miniatures and a few Nigerian UN Peacekeepers.

In 15mm i could use the Peter Pig infantry for the RUF rebels which i have plenty of for my AK 47 collection but have no idea what to use for the British. No idea who makes what in 20mm but would like to have a good look at 20mm miniature ranges which may cover the period.

Any help would be great, thank you :)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Liberation miniatures do some 90's Brits in either plce webbing or bacr with SA80 and bush hats dm.

They also have a generic range of Africans which may meet your needs. The website doesn't have many pictures though.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline dm

• Scientist
Thanks Ray :) Had forgot about Liberation Miniatures and wish they would photograph more of their lists  lol and imagine they would sell a lot more miniatures if they did as the ones i have bought off them in the past are mostly superb sculpts :) Will look into these for the 20mm side of it :)

Offline Colonel Grubb

• Student
  • Dogsbody
    • North of the Tweed blog
Might be slightly too modern, but Elhiem modern Brits and headswap with S&S Model separate heads with bush hats might be an option.

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Not in bush hats, but Mutineer do a 20mm Brits in Sierra Leone (Operation Barras) range:

http://mutineer-miniatures.org.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_70

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
Liberation also make Brits with support weapons LSW and parasaw. It'll save you a bit of time converting everything.  ;)

Offline DeltaBravo

• Assistant
In 15mm, QRF do Moden Brits with SA80s in helmets, and PeterPig do separate heads with bush hats.  The two make a passable combination.

Old Glory UK do WMIKs & crews in 15mm if you need those.

(If you go down the 15mm I've got spare QRF Brits & WMIKs going cheap, if I'm allowed to say that on here)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:31:29 PM by DeltaBravo »

Offline dm

• Scientist
Thanks for the input chaps :) and will now have a go at doing it in 20mm and will have a go with Liberation Miniatures. Will get a couple of the 10 man mixed packs for the RUF rebels and rotate them if and when they get wiped out and go for a couple of units of British Infantry. The terrain will be a challenge though and can see a visit to the local pet shop to get some aquarium plastic plants to cut down to create jungle clumps for the board

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
I look forward to seeing this dm.  :D

Jungle is always a bit of a challenge, but should be doable in 20mm to get that feeling of saturation.

Offline dm

• Scientist
The other challenge will be painting British Army camo of the period on 20mm miniatures lol

Offline tinned fruit

• Bookworm
Re: anyone make any British Infantry in bush hats for the 1990's 15mm or 20mm
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
RH Models/ Liberation have a forum which does have links to a lot of photos of some of their ranges:-

http://excoboard.com/RHMODELS

Hope this helps.

Phil

Offline dm

• Scientist
Re: anyone make any British Infantry in bush hats for the 1990's 15mm or 20mm
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:35 PM »
Thanks Phil :) Will check it out and sorry for the delay in my response