Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:40:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690739
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Start of a 2000AD/Megacity One Project(Biker Chick 16/3/19)  (Read 139607 times)

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
This is beautiful! It is a table with excellently painted scenery and figures, so many of us can only dream of.

Offline Rabbitz

• Mad Scientist
    • Unit57
Looks epic.   I was wondering what the 7tv rules would be like for JD games.
Integrity is non negotiable

My little blog

www.unit57inminiature.blogspot.com.au

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Dredd getting twatted by a Fattie?
Quality!
 lol lol

That Mr Wright sounds like a right wrong 'un, though....
 ;)

Totally agree! Especially since Dredd was part of Colin’s cast! ;) Praise the Lard!

The thing is, now that the judges failed to bring the criminals to justice, Mr Wright got to make that “business” deal. The deal was with 2 Asian gentlemen......twins......Mr Wong & Mr Wong. So I guess 2 Wongs do make a Wright! ;)

Sorry!

I think those photos were staged after the event to make the baddies look good!
JD was trying to protect the local innocent population from getting crushed by a big Fat x/\./?/// person, when he got in the way and died heroically saving a small puppy from getting eaten.
Anderson was not the best choice of driver for the motorbike, being female!

Ooooh! That’s a dangerous last statement! lol

By the way part of your statement is wrong....there’s no “innocent population”. In Dredds eyes everyone is guilty! ;)

The name (and bear) on the refuse truck made me smile.  :D

I like putting things like that on my models that people will probably only see the second time round of looking! ;)

This is a joy! How did those fan profiles work out?

Theses 2nd edition profiles worked better than when we tried to play it with 1st edition 7TV. The old profiles meant that the judges cast basically had to be shot at before they could fire back or make an arrest!

I adapted the judge profiles I got from the 7TV Facebook Group page. I’ve made them more like “The Beat” cast. I’ve taken off military training and put in “I am the LAW” (You’re Nicked)special effect. I thought that was more fitting. And I’ve also changed the lawgiver a bit. The profile on Facebook had High Explosive special rounds for the gun, I thought this was too powerful, and tried to change it for something more fun. So I’ve tried to make rules for ricochet shot. The idea being it lets you shoot around corners at targets you have no line of sight to. The shot can never go over the 12” pistol range. The original idea was you shoot a bit of terrain and roll a dice to determine direction if it hits. The hope being it goes in the direction of the intended target!

This drawing shows what I was trying to achieve with the ricochet shot. One would be an automatic miss. Two, four, five and six would go nowhere near the target. Three would hit.

I’ve also received my Mule from Mantic. A nice wee kit, apart from the wheels! I’m struggling to clean them up! There’s a flash line around the circumference and the plastic on the tyres seems quite soft! :?

Thanks you very much for ALL the supportive comments gents! :D

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Brilliant!

You need to add some holding posts where Dredd can store the perps for collection by the H-Wagons.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
The rules we’ve made allow someone to be arrested and tied to a Lawmaster. My thinking was trying to make up some more of these, but my problem I’ve got is trying to get legs to use that fit the space marine bikes, but look (even slightly) like judges legs! GW don’t make the SM Scout Bikes anymore! :-[

My other thought was to convert one of those Poundland vans to suit! :?......

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:42:11 AM by Andym »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Wow. I had a lot to catch up on there. Great painting and the set looks fantastic all put together. Great to see you getting use out of your build something winner. A great looking game all round (love the fatties now that I'm thinking about them).

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
[...] I’ve also received my Mule from Mantic. A nice wee kit, apart from the wheels! I’m struggling to clean them up! There’s a flash line around the circumference and the plastic on the tyres seems quite soft! :? [...]
If the material is like the pvc used for boardgame minis or similar to the Reaper Bones stuff, try some of those nail buffer thingies* on them. I use them to smoothen the surface of pvc minis after filing off the mold lines with simple nail files. They're fairly cheap so no big loss if that doesn't work on the tires.

Btw: is the Fattie with the green boots one of those Heroclix Blobs?

*something like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-6-Way-Nail-Buffer-Block/dp/B018U1UN0C/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1524913157&sr=8-10&keywords=nail+buffer
sanity is for cowards

Offline Duff

• Scientist
    • Duff Paint
Drokk, that's a damn fine looking table.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Nice looking stuff.

Interesting to hear your problems with the Mule (I am just in the process of assembling an Interceptor).

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
What's the Mule body made from mate? Is it 'normal' plastic kit plastic?
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
My other thought was to convert one of those Poundland vans to suit! :?......

That Police Van is just begging to be converted to an H-Wagon.
Go for it!
 8) 8)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
If the material is like the pvc used for boardgame minis or similar to the Reaper Bones stuff, try some of those nail buffer thingies* on them. I use them to smoothen the surface of pvc minis after filing off the mold lines with simple nail files. They're fairly cheap so no big loss if that doesn't work on the tires.

Btw: is the Fattie with the green boots one of those Heroclix Blobs?

*something like these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-6-Way-Nail-Buffer-Block/dp/B018U1UN0C/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1524913157&sr=8-10&keywords=nail+buffer

Thanks! Those nail files are too big, but seeing your suggestion, I tried some sanding paper folded over and that was thin enough to get into the tyre treads! It was because the treads were sooo thin I couldn’t get a file or knife in there!

Yeah, he’s a Heroclix one. One wargame show there was a bucket of them going for 50pence a pop. There was him, a Cyclops from X-Men and some Dredd figures too. They paint up well. If I see anything like that again, I’m going to get some more!

Looks epic.   I was wondering what the 7tv rules would be like for JD games.

The work really well! I’ve got the same rules you’ve got but never used them yet. The 7TV rules we’ve used for a few years now and just “suit” us. Have you played 7TV before? I feel it adds some complexity to what could, otherwise , just be a point an shot type game! Sometimes there can be too many things to track(skills, events, gadgets) at one time, but the more you get used to a cast the better you get. You’re always learning.

Drokk, that's a damn fine looking table.

Thanks, but it’s nowhere near busy enough for me yet!

I’ve got about another 100 civilians to base up to make it more populated and some more cars and bigger buildings to throw in there. I to just be like any other sci fi town. I want it over crowded with the public getting in the road of the action!

What's the Mule body made from mate? Is it 'normal' plastic kit plastic?

The body seems fine. It’s seems to be a more “normal” plastic. Sprue plastic.

The one thing I will give the set. All the bits are already cut off of the sprue frame, meaning there was not much tidying up to do, just stick it together.

That Police Van is just begging to be converted to an H-Wagon.
Go for it!
 8) 8)

I’ll need to go and see if I can find theses in Poundland again, I used the police van to make a City-Def wagon....

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Cheers mate  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I’ll need to go and see if I can find theses in Poundland again, I used the police van to make a City-Def wagon....

If you cannot find any, give me a shout.
I can send you a police van back again as I have not gotten around to doing them yet.
 ;)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
There were some in my local £land so feel free to PM me if you want/need anymore. I'll go get some. ;)
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus