Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Start of a 2000AD/Megacity One Project(Biker Chick 16/3/19)  (Read 138762 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Start of a 2000AD/Megacity One Project (pic heavy)
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
Not Mega City 1, but still mega-city like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvyHwLkJCg

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
Are you going to be using the mongoose jd rules and minis?

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 08:11:58 AM »
just a thought but if you put each building/feature on a 30cm square board and matched up the entrances, road levels et at different points (call them connectors) you could then create a variety of table scapes,

The roads and gangways are added to these connectors (magnets?)

Thats the plan mate. Although it doesnt specifically have to be 30cm square bases. I'd like to try and figure out a way to attach the walkways at each side that looks good, but let's the angle between them change. ???

Then there was this guy who took apart some water pistols in order to make some MC1 towers.

I'm sure there are painted versions somewhere but I can't find them.

Thats a great idea. Consider it stolen! ;) Although not for the buildings but for air conditioners or some sort of techy stuff.

Great idea that. Very much nicked. If you can find a big super soaker that would work as a large MC1 block even.

I don't think you'd ever find one big enough though mate! :?

Are you going to be using the mongoose jd rules and minis?

I've got some of the Mongoose models here. I've also got the rules, but there was a guy on the Crooked Dice Forum who posted rules for 7TV Dredd and we already play a lot of that. It would save learning new rules and there a lot in 7TV to make some great characters.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »
Sorry for the double post today. I've finished  building the first baseboard. I've used this fine gentleman's tutorial and I'm really pleased with the results.....

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26860.0

This  is the first of 4 boards. Each is 24"x24". I'll complete this one first, fill it with terrain and try the game to see if it works before I commit to the full she-bang!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:55:40 PM by Andym »

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
Looks like a great start! One point of concern I would have, you appear to be scorching the terrain pieces bases as well. I'm not sure if this would look good when you feel the need to have terrain at any other angle then 90 degrees.

Also, are you planning on having one or more of your base plates being a different height? Its something I like to play with in my urban terrain to give a bit more variable look.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 10:29:24 AM »
Looks like a great start! One point of concern I would have, you appear to be scorching the terrain pieces bases as well. I'm not sure if this would look good when you feel the need to have terrain at any other angle then 90 degrees.

Also, are you planning on having one or more of your base plates being a different height? Its something I like to play with in my urban terrain to give a bit more variable look.

Scorching? I'm not sure I get what you mean mate :? Do you scoring? Blasted spellcheck! I just want my bases to match the board. Not everything is at right angles on the bases. The corners have lines at 45degrees too. The big blocks will be at the edge anyway, so they will always be square on.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
Mega City One is probably a giant grid plan anyway! I fancied a concrete effect to the base tiles too and had picked up some Depron sheets to mount on mdf so I could cut holes in it, etc. This is one of the things I wanted an airbrush for (having first sealed the Depron!).

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »
He's off  :D

Although more pictures of the whatever it is on the board edge would be good  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
That base board looks just about perfect to me, mate.
A great start.
 8) 8)

One other thing to consider: I f you are going to have the big blocks on the edges, have you considered making them in 'halves'?
That way you could put them back to back and use them in the centre too for a little variety.
 ;)

Offline S44lade

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
I am the Law! in Cal-Hab!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
Scorching? I'm not sure I get what you mean mate :? Do you scoring? Blasted spellcheck! I just want my bases to match the board. Not everything is at right angles on the bases. The corners have lines at 45degrees too. The big blocks will be at the edge anyway, so they will always be square on.
Yea, the panel lining is what I meant. And bloody spellcheck indeed, even worse with those "predictions" of what you want to write these days as I'm a Dutch bloke stuck in Finland writing English half the time, makes for a fine hodgepodge.
Anyhow, the panel lines yea. I now notice the diagonal corners. But still I would guess having something askew would not look "right" (pun intended)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »
Looks like another great terrain project in the making. What with this and James' manga city I can see that 2015 will be the year of the future city :)
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »
Oh good, another AndyM megaproject to follow along with!

Actually, this might inspire some thought here, as one of my winter projects is a return to 15mm science fiction gaming, and I want to do some urban areas to skirmish in.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
Looks like another great terrain project in the making. What with this and James' manga city I can see that 2015 will be the year of the future city :)

I would never hope to compete with the man/machine thats our James!! :o :o

Yea, the panel lining is what I meant. And bloody spellcheck indeed, even worse with those "predictions" of what you want to write these days as I'm a Dutch bloke stuck in Finland writing English half the time, makes for a fine hodgepodge.
Anyhow, the panel lines yea. I now notice the diagonal corners. But still I would guess having something askew would not look "right" (pun intended)

It's alright bud, I'm in the same league. I'm a Scottish guy trying to write English! ! ;)

I think it'll be fine when its done. If its not then I'll introduce some 45 degree lines in through marks in the road or something.

He's off  :D

Although more pictures of the whatever it is on the board edge would be good  :D

cheers

James

All my big buildings will be only halves, with the back being cut off to see inside. I've also decided NO STAIRS! My thinking being they're a bugger to fight around and they take waaaay too much time and effort to do. I'll just pretend for my games that there's lifts just of the board that transports the models to whatever level.

The base board is now painted and I've put some random yellow lines across it too to break it up a bit..

My aerials also arrived today, so I've drilled out the cars to suit and made a base. The one for the red car might need to be bigger. It's a bit wobbly! :o

And here's how far I've got with the base of one of the blocks. The uppers, removable levels will sit between the two wings.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:56:40 PM by Andym »

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Start of a 2000AD/Megacity One Project (baseboard finished 3/11)
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
Love it mate  :-* :-* :-*

That building entrance is great  8) 8)

I would never hope to compete with the man/machine thats our James!! :o :o

I bet you could if you tried hard  :D

cheers

James