Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:09:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pro Gloria Miniatures Plastic Landsknechts Indiegogo Campaign  (Read 20022 times)

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: Pro Gloria Miniatures Plastic Landsknechts Indiegogo Campaign
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
The lack of communication is somewhat disappointing, especially the apparent abandoning of the indiegogo campaign that is still ongoing and that people have pledged physical money to back...

The nature of the communication makes it seem like another company is joining in, which would explain the lack of details until the deal is finalized.  So, if it is another manufacturer stepping in to help out, anyone care to hazard a guess?

I'm betting on Warlord Games picking up the sculpts - they seem to have a habit of buying out smaller outfits with nice figures to add to their range.  I can't think of too many others that would have the capital to invest in this plastic kit.  The Perry's likely would just sculpt their own kit if they wanted one, Gripping Beast is more ancients/dark age/early medieval, fireforge is all about the crusades and early medieval stuff.  Victrix only has plastic greek/romans and Napoleonics. 

Anyone else I missed?  Perhaps GW will take over, add about fifty skulls to each sculpt, and then up the price from 20 to 60 euros per box while decreasing the size from 24 to 10 figures per box?  ::)
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
Anyone else I missed?  Perhaps GW will take over, add about fifty skulls to each sculpt, and then up the price from 20 to 60 euros per box while decreasing the size from 24 to 10 figures per box?  ::)

I did laugh :)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2014, 12:23:06 PM »
Tis a shame...  :'(

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2014, 01:04:26 PM »
Tis a shame...  :'(

It is that. It's not my period but i was tempted to back it so that it would fund but even if i did it doesn't look likely.

I hope that it doesn't have a big impact on the company as the money to get all those figures and all the ones by Paul Hicks for the stretch goals must have cost thousands.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
Seems to have been update on their Facebook

Hi all! Sorry for the long and quiet period. I just wanted to let you know that there will be another way for the plastic miniatures very soon beside the indiegogo campaign. Exact news on Friday (this time for sure!) with more details on it. Don't worry for the miniatures, you will see all the 3-UPs as plastic miniatures, and all will be fine.

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/pro-gloria-miniatures-plastic.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+WargameNewsAndTerrain+(Wargame+news+and+terrain,+A+blog+dedicated+to+the+hobby+of+wargaming!)

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
From the indiegogo campaign:

Hi all together,

I thought it is time to tell all of you supporters and donaters of the campaign what is going on behind the scenes of Pro Gloria Miniatures.

You are probably wondering why there are no big updates on this campaign to make the actual product work and going in productions. There are several reasons but the most important is because of a change of my personal life with my full-time job. It takes away too much time and leaves almost none for Pro Gloria Miniatures. Plastic Landsknecht definitely need time and they surely deserve it!

I wanted to see how the campaign works out but with several other hobby-life and real-life hits I came to the conclusion to seek for someone to take over the company. And I found someone. As this is an un-official post I can't tell you who it is, but you will hear from them very soon.

All I can tell you now is that the company is in best hands and that the plastic Landsknechts as well as the metal miniatures will be produced and none of the to-be-released-miniature will be lost. I will still design the range for the other company but all the part of business will be shift over to them.

I do understand every disapoitned funder here on indiegogo for the lack of communication and I want to apologise once again. Please understand my steps! :)

Hobbywise, there won't be a big chance for Pro Gloria. There will be plastics, there will be more metals, there will be other new releases. It's just a new head.

The campaign on indiegog will fail once the 14th of Decembre is over and every pledger will immediately receive his donation in full amount back.

All the very best and have a nice week-end,

Stephan

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »
I feel for you all.

Having never backed a crowd-funding thing, purely as I couldn't go through this and like to know exactly how my money is spent, I imagine backers will be become more and more wary.

I hope these are released as they look good.

- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
First crowd-funding thing I've ever backed.
Maybe I jinxed it  ::)
;)

I'm sure they'll get made.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »

I'm sure they'll get made.
hopefully not by Warlord. >:D
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 01:22:43 PM »
hopefully not by Warlord. >:D

of the handful of players it possibly could be I would have thought Warlord favourite - personally most of the options I can think of are all people I am far less inclined to spend my money with than Pro Gloria
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Guessing but know john stallard is very keen on renaissance period and dont forget they also picked up (warlord that is) the arsenal minis too

Offline Gary Peach

• Scientist
  • I paint to live, not live to paint.
    • www.marchattack.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 02:43:28 PM »
Got to say Warlord bashing is a little too easy but in their defense, Ive just spent some time looking to buy something simple for an Xmas present, and found sites without pictures, with may take 28 days to get to you, dont use Paypal, send a cheque, not secure, bells and whistles go off with virus check, ooh you stop cookies and us from knowing more than we need to know about your site etc etc etc...

At least I could just go to Warlord, pick the items, tell em where to send them and pay...

If they are taking on the Pro-Gloria stuff at least when done we will be able to buy them...  and at a price they can pay the staff from.

And at this point its all supposition who is taking on these brilliant looking figures...  that must be made by someone.

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »
Over here in a german forum there is a rumour, that it is warlord. But it was also said that it should be announced at friday. So, I'm a little bit confused about it...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2014, 05:52:14 AM »
I don't understand the Warlord bashing.  I've only ever had good experiences with them.  I think Warlord buying them out would be an excellent outcome since it would mean we would be seeing the plastics soon, we know they would be of high quality, and widely available.  My vote is for Warlord by a mile over anybody else.