Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:21:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689659
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pro Gloria Miniatures Plastic Landsknechts Indiegogo Campaign  (Read 19993 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Pro Gloria Miniatures Plastic Landsknechts Indiegogo Campaign
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
Well, my main concern with the Warlord way would not be the plastics (still Renedra), but that there would be a drop in casting quality on the metals.

Offline Gary Peach

• Scientist
  • I paint to live, not live to paint.
    • www.marchattack.co.uk
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 09:09:27 AM »
A drop in casting quality...  Like the Perry metals, Westwind...  They all have a rough day or 2.  Why is it that we dont just send the bad 1s back?  If it were anything else, clothes, mobile phones etc we wouldnt just settle for 'bad casting' and get a file out. If they dont get away with it then they wont try and get away with it.  Says the man about to file out flash and miss match mold lines on horses.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
I can't paint - I just haven't the talent - so I send my figures off to professional painters. That's obviously a costly exercise, so I won't have badly cast figures painted. If I get something which isn't right and which can't be easily fixed, I send it straight back. I've never had any problem in getting a replacement. Flash and casting lines aren't a big issue unless it's in a tricky area, like a face. Mis-matches where the mould hasn't fitted together properly is another matter and often can't be fixed perfectly so back the figure goes. Years and years ago I remember having real problems with the heads for Redoubt's 3 Musketeers range, and I sent back loads of them. Replacements arrived nice and promptly with no grumbling at all. if the replacement wasn't right, that went back too. 

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
I think a lot of people called it correctly:

http://www.warlordgames.com/warlord-games-purchases-pro-gloria-miniatures/

I'm looking forward to the plastic kit myself... hope there's an ETA on that announced soon.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
hhhmmm...I'm not sure how to feel about this... ???

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »
Not bashing Warlord here - I like what they do, if not all of their products.

I just hope that these wonderful creations manage to see the light of day as the surely deserve to do. I remember they purchased another Renaissance figure range in 2013 and its not appeared yet (please, correct me if I'm wrong!).

Hopefully all will go well. This was a very ambitious project - thanks Stephan for giving it a go!

Over to you Warlord!

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
...I remember they purchased another Renaissance figure range in 2013 and its not appeared yet...

Been on the look out for them myself.   :(

This is only the second crowd-funding thing I've signed up for and will doubtless be the last for me.  When do I get my money back?  Anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:48:33 PM by Orctrader »

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
Been on the look out for them myself.   :(

This is only the second crowd-funding thing I've singed up for and will doubtless be the last for me.  When do I get my money back?  Anyone know?

I read on the Warlord Forum that the Arsenal figures are scheduled for release in early 2015.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »
Been on the look out for them myself.   :(

This is only the second crowd-funding thing I've singed up for and will doubtless be the last for me.  When do I get my money back?  Anyone know?

In a few days once the projects fails to fund, the monies will be returned to you from indiegogo.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:32 PM »
Yes, well done Stephan for bringing your product so far  :)
Sad it has ended like this, but then the wargames world is quite a small industry, and there are not many players big enough to pick up on an opportunity like this.

Offline mikeland

• Librarian
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
It is a real pity that this has gone this way, but it is a brilliant product and if Warlord can keep breathing life into it then fair play. Warlord did have a very dodgy period for metals quality on a few ranges, but to be fair their recent stuff I have had (not a lot just some pike and shote engineers) was top quality, barely any flash and good quality metal.

I was worried initially because of the disappearance of the Arsenal range, one that I am eagerly awaiting, and was one of those moaning about Warlord on this score, but actulally it turns out he delay has been due to Paul Hick's broken hand., so fears can be put aside and hopefully we will see both of these ranges out in the next year.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 08:15:52 PM »
If it's relevant in any way, I recently bought Warlord's TYW supply wagon and casting quality on the metal parts was quite reasonable on the whole. There was some flash on the traces but nothing that couldn't be fixed in a jiffy.

The sculpting on the figures also seems to have improved significantly : I found the driver quite nice and much more natural than some of the cartoon characters previously seen in the Warlord TYW/ECW range.

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 11:34:57 PM »
Yup, I ordered the ECW/TYW dragoon horse holder set, very cleanly cast. 

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
I agree with Captain Blood's comments. Assuming investors get their money back, it sounds like Stephan is to be congratulated on coming up with a way of getting these figures into production. I must admit that I was astounded by the manufacturing costs - I had no idea they were so high - and raising such a large amount through the Campaign seemed to me always a long-shot.

Personally, I have no complaints with Warlord - quite the opposite, in fact. I do not like all their figures. Those of you who visit another site will have seen that I prefer figures in more casual poses while Warlord tend to go for very active poses. I have, however, bought some of their metal figures and I have had no problem at all with their casting. When I have contacted them I have found them very prompt and helpful and extremely generous. To be honest, they couldn't have been better.

I'm looking forward to the appearance of the Arsenal Miniatures range. I understand that they are scheduled for early 2015. I know that Paul Hicks' broken hand has delayed things. This is pure speculation on my part and I have no knowledge as to what has gone on but it wouldn't surprise me if there were other reasons for the delay. I e-mailed the previous owner many times and he never bothered to respond.......

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
I'd say on the whole pro gloria is safe with warlord, they always have that slightly dodgey initial casting run, it's only really an issue with limited edition miniatures, like the Dogberry I got a little while back, can hardly take it back and ask for another, otherwise I would.

As far as I can tell warlord sensibly saves up it's newly acquired properties releasing them later when needed, wouldn't make sense to release all at once and leave nothing new for several months, plus warlord does have a distressing tendency to buy up properties and then 'modify' them by making them separate head(which I loathe) hopefully we won't see the same here as otherwise pro gloria should be fine.