Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689619
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Greetings from Spain: Bad Roll Games is born!  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
(COMMERCIAL) Greetings from Spain: Bad Roll Games is born!
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:55:26 AM »
Greetings,

My name is Marcos García and I come on behalf of a new Spanish miniature brand called Bad Roll Games, founded last march by a group of three friends who are developing Punkapocalyptic, the pimp and lethal skirmish post-apocalyptic game. You can see all the info and news about the game at our webpage or on our Facebook page, and we are on Twitter too.

This is a new skirmish game, planned for about 8 to 12 miniatures per side (Mutards can have some more, as they are cheaper) and games which will last for about 2 hours. The size of the miniatures is 30 mm to the eye, and the first version of the rulebook is already available on the webpage and ready for free download for you to test, as well as the rules for the first two gangs and six scenarios.

But as the main thing here are the miniatures, I will not bore you with any more info and let's go straight to the pictures. Here you are some of the greens for the miniatures that are being made for us by the Big Child Team, with Jose Manuel Palomares on the lead, and that they will be painting in a near future. We hope to be on the market through our online store on May, but we will keep you updated with info and pictures.

Thank you for your attention, now it's miniature time!!!

A Ganger Female Chief, modelled and painted by the crew at BigChild.

Modelled by the talented Leonardo Escovar: a Mutard with Extra limbs and Sure feet mutations.

This slimy Mutard modelled by Leonardo Escovar has been also painted by the BigChild team.

This is a Ganger Brute modelled by Iván Santurio and painted, as usual, by the BigChild crew. This will also be one of the initial miniatures to be released next month.

A Mutard Bobblehead has been modelled by Leonardo Escovar and painted as usual by the BigChild team. This one will also be included in the first batch of releases next month, and there is only one left to show you to complete that initial wave.

Including rifle and crossbow, so you can equip her as you wish, this female ganger has been modelled by Julen Galparsoro and painted by the BigChild Creatives team.

This Ganger with Bow has been finely modelled by Leonardo Escovar and painted by the crew at Bigchild Creatives.

Hope you like!!! Remember you have more info on our webpage, at our Facebook or on Twitter.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:03:27 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Re: Greetings from Spain: Bad Roll Games is born!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
Saw these on facebook love them all.  :-*

Hopefully will pick some of these up when the funds allow  ;)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
Lovely looking models, but as mentioned before I would still like to see a comparison image with the Taban EDEN range models.

Also you really need to find a webstore that does not force buyers to register for an account just to see your shipping costs.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »
Great looking models and 80s vibe for inspiration is a nice touch :)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 06:55:21 AM »
Like the two girls a lot. Really ace sculpting! The survivor with bow is excellent, except for the goggles...they look a bit too narrow, giving him an odd face. But in general great sculpting and painting!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 07:19:37 AM »
30mm to the eye?  Hmmm, I wonder if they would size up with Mongoose Judge Dredd?  There's some great juve and mutie options there, especially with that 80s element pocoloco mentioned.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
Also you really need to find a webstore that does not force buyers to register for an account just to see your shipping costs.

Why when nearly every Miniature websites I know of requires you to create an account? It takes two minutes to register.

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 06:04:29 PM »
Hi, thank you for your comments! It's nice to hear that you like our miniatures.

There is an option in the webstore to calculate the shipping costs without being logged in or even registered. If you go to your cart after adding all the items you want to buy, there is a "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" option right under the "What would you like to do next?" line.

And as for the Taban/Eden comparison, that company produces miniatures with huge differences in sizes and scale. While some minis are reasonably well fit for 30 or 32 mm games, others are completely out of scale and are too bulky, broad or just disproportionate. We do have a comparison picture with other companies such as Corvus Belli or Games Workshop. I will look for the picture and post it here.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:09:45 PM by Kushtar »

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
Hi again!

I have found a picture of two of our miniatures (the female Badass and the Brute) compared with some from Taban Miniatures, made by one of our customers.

Also, I forgot to tell you that there is currently an active voucher at our website, "CoolPunka", which you can use at checkout to get a 15% discount off our miniatures (and miniatures only) up to November 17th.

Enjoy!

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 12:10:09 PM »
Hi!

This month we have released our biggest and meanest creature ever, the Pit Beast! This ugly beast has been modelled by Iván Santurio and painted, as usual, by the Big Child Creatives team. It uses a 40 mm round base, rather than the usual 25 mm one, and its price is slightly higher (12,50 euros, instead of 10,95).

Feast your eyes...

Hope you like!!! Remember you have more info on our webpage, at our Facebook or on Twitter.

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:57:11 AM »
And this month, ready for Christmas, we already have for sale on our online store (and at the usual retailers) the so long awaited Ganger Starter Pack, which includes the five Ganger miniatures we have released so far: Chief (medium blade, rifle and biohazard protection), Badass (rifle/crossbow and biohazard protection), Brute (metallic armour and heavy mace), Ganger (hardened leather, bow and small blade) and Scumbag (throwing knives and light mace).

With this stylish eighties-flavored box you will be able to create a fully-playable Ganger band worth 350 points (in the next days we will provide some examples of gaming lists for that value), with which start to play Punkapocalyptic.

All for the incredible price of 39,95 €!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:08:16 AM by Kushtar »

Offline Donkus

• Student
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 05:52:29 PM »
I absolutely love this Punkapocalyptic line.  The character designs are thorough, lots of individual identity. 

What's really special about these characters is that they have just enough styling to evoke a core P.A. look and feel without being shoe-horned by setting specific troupes.  I don't want to knock Taban's figs, which are outstanding, but they're intentionally styled to look like they all belong to a setting-specific gang.  There are a few other lines that hit me the same way. Campaign fluff books are good, but I'm the type of person that prefers a more general figure line, so I can determine the setting that the squads exist in the manner I choose.  Examples of companies that do this with their lines are well-known, but for posterity they are Copplestone, Ratnik, Reaper, and some of the RAFM USX figs.  With simple mods these lines can look low tech or high tech, gonzo or realistic, or appear as adversaries to either zombies or mutants.  Ideally a great PA figure needs no mods to be so versatile.  I think your Gangers in particular have this kind of subtle ubiquity.

Keep them coming!

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
Thank you so much Donkus for your words!

It is always a pleasure to hear that we nailed it with our designs and people like them like you do! We just aimed to give our miniatures a retro-apocalyptic look, like if the world ended around the eighties, but apart from that, you are right that we didn't want to make them too "ours" in their appearance or too distinctive for our own setting (but distinctive from other brands, that is).

The fact that you name such big fishes of the industry as Reaper, Copplestone or RAFM in the same paragraph as our own miniatures fills us with huge pride and awe.

We will keep them coming, rest assured! Stay safe out in the Wasteland!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
There's some great concepts in those figures, I like them a lot. The painting is  :-*
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Kushtar

• Librarian
  • Make my day, punk!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
Hi there!

This week we are releasing January's new miniature, the first of the third playable band to arrive to the Punkapocalyptic world: the Junkers. These fellas roam around the Wasteland, searching for any low-tech item or piece of junk with which to build their strange gadgets, weapons and contraptions. This band will have a more distinct scrap-punk (opposed to steam-punk) look to them, and we hope you all like them!

This miniature has been modelled by the talented Julen Galparsoro. The Bigchild Creatives team has been in charge of production and painting matters.