Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Håtunaleken - Lion Rampant club project (150102 AAR #2 added)  (Read 11436 times)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
Håtunaleken - Lion Rampant club project (150102 AAR #2 added)
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:48:08 AM »

Hi

We decided to set up a small lose club campaign revolving around the Håtunaleken that was the struggle of the Crown between the sons of the late Swedish King Magnus Birgersson in the beginning of the 14th centery. There was not many pitched battles but a more low intense war with raids and ambushes on going for several years, perfect for the force size in Lion Rampant.

To let as many of our club mates as possible to get a chanse to participate we decided to start up with 12 points Hoasts and run multiplayer games. Each hoast will have their own leader and we will use activation cards to set the activation orders during the turn, We have tried this out during the playtest of Lion Rampant and it have turned out to work really nice and give very good games.

You can read a bit more about it at my blog

And here a pictures of the start of my 12 point Hoast...

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:46:19 AM by Dalauppror »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Håtunaleken - Lion Rampant club project
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
Very interesting idea. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »
A little update from our Club project Håtunaleken.

I are in the progress of finishing my Leader the first 12 minis from the House of Håtuna, hope for a picture tomorrow at my blog...

Some of the other clubmates have already finished all or parts of their 12 point hoasts.

We plan to have our first outing on monday 1 december of course will I provide an AAR of this event:)

Untill then some Hoast pictures

First we have Uffe that run the House of Torgils Knutsson that was the Lord High Constable of Sweden from 1290-1298, was also in command of several of the Swedish Crusades against Novgorod. More pictures at Uffes blog

Next are a picture of Sörens Hoast Leader Birger Torkilsson from the House of Trolle, more at his blog to.

The Third club mate that have done some paintwork are Jesper that are working on some Foot Serjants in service of one of the Late Kings sons, one of the main characters inthis drama, Valdemar Magnusson from the House of Bjälbo.

Last we have a picture from ULO that have His Leader Knight Magnus Algotsson from the House of the Algotsönerna with a group of Foot Men-at-Arms.

More to come about this Medieval Swedish club project.

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »

Hi

For our Medieval Swedish club campaign Håtunaleken with the Lion Rampant rules I have choose to run the House of Ulvåsa and their main caracter by the time the Knight, Chief Judge and Royal council member Gudmar Magnusson. [url=http://dalauppror.blogspot.se/2014/11/the-house-of-ulvasa.html]More pictures at my blog[/url]

Best regards Michael

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
Bravo to all of you!!!

Great pain job and heraldry. I envy you a little for having so dedicated club members and friends. Keep pictures coming and I am looking forward for your campaign and battle reports.

Regards,

Meto

Offline CaptainHaddonCollider

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
A great inspiration to all would-be LR gamers! 
I think this could turn out to be one of the most interesting LR threads to follow here on the forum and I will be looking forward to the next instalment in the Håtunaleken campaign!

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 06:55:59 AM »
Thank you very much !

I´ll try to keep it updated, at the moment there are all painting Medieval minis to our first planned game at the Club on 1 December.

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »
Hi

One more of our club member have posted some pics of the Start of his Lion Rampant Hoast for our club Project Håtunaleken

Jesper have decided to run Valdemar Magnusson from the Royal House of Bjäbo. Valdemar was Brother to the New King Birger Magnusson. In the Picture hi have got support from the Bishop of Linköping Hans from the House of Bååt.

and the dismounted versions.

More updates to come

best regards Michael

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
Your campaign games will be true eye-candy Michael, great to see so many finely painted minis :)

What kind of campaign structure you have planned or will you agree on scenarios and such as you go?

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »
Thanks !

We will try to keep it as simple as possibly and just use the Glory points in the Lion Rampant rules as a mesurement of how good diggerent fractions progress. We will probablu use some sort of average of Glory points won / games played so people that don´t have time to play as much also got a chanse to have a good campaign progress.

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Great to see your clubs progress.

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
Hi

My first group of Foot yeomen for our Club project, more pictures at my blog.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »
Excellent!

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 08:56:08 AM »
Thanks Stephen !

Tomorrow it is our forst gaming night for our Håtunaleken club project.

The lords year 1301 at midsummer time ... All free men of Sweden have been called to the "Mora Stones" in Lagga parish south of Uppsala by the Lord Marshal Torgils Knutsson to confirm the election of young Birger Magnusson from the House of Bjälbo as King of Sweden.

Birgers father the King Magnus Birgersson died in 1290 and the realm have been ruled by the Lord Marshal Torgils Knutsson sin then, but now the time have come to let Birger become Swedish King himself...or not...

As Sweden by the time was a Elective Kingdom and Birger have two younger brothers that also are keen to get hold of the Swedish Crown...

And there are also some of the other major noble familys that think they now have a chance to get their familis to become the royal house of Sweden...

There´s troubble in the air...

I have been painting a much for this project lately, just finished me a banner and a banner holder for my character Gudmar Magnusson from the House of Ulvåsa.

I also put some time in making Activation cards for each House my friends have choosen for the campaing and also some unit cards to have the unit stats handy during play, picture at my blog.

have a really nice Sunday !

Best regards Michael

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »
God Morning

Was at the club last night and staged the terrain for tonights game, some pictures below and some more at my blog.