Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.  (Read 59100 times)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »

Eli is a Lead Adventure mini, Ash and Gary are TAG and not sure on the mercenaries, all via Silent Steve ;)

Cheers
Matt.

I'm sure the mercenaries are from the "Sabotage-Into the Dark" game from "The Figure Trader", long gone  ;)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »
A single skull, do you jest Pete? ;) More skulls :D !

Looks really good, you have taken some very nice photo too to do it justice!  :-*  :-*
A very useful terrain piece sir.

Cheers
Matt

Well technically there's three skulls and I'd have added more, but the laws of physics be a harsh mistress...

I'm sure the mercenaries are from the "Sabotage-Into the Dark" game from "The Figure Trader", long gone  ;)

Good to know! I wasn't sure where they'd come from either.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 01:10:17 AM »
After a long hiatus (I went to england and got distracted) I return!

Last year, Berty got me a plane. Took me a while, but I eventually got it done!

I might have gone a little overboard on the rust, but I reckon it turned out okay.

It's surprising what a little foam and some paint can do in a pinch.

So, how do you stop an enemy plane from shooting at you? Use a bigger gun, of course!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:48:19 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 07:32:01 AM »
I really enjoyed reading your backgrounds for all these characters, and nice figures they are, too!  :)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »
That turned out great Pete!
:-* :-* :-*

I like the effect you achieved on the propeller and the white nose cone! Very cool. Now there is a plane to go with your control tower! :)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »
I really enjoyed reading your backgrounds for all these characters, and nice figures they are, too!  :)

Cheers! It takes me a while to paint, so little stories pop into my head. There's no point keeping them to myself, is there?

That turned out great Pete!
:-* :-* :-*

I like the effect you achieved on the propeller and the white nose cone! Very cool. Now there is a plane to go with your control tower! :)

Cheers
Matt

Cheers Bero! We'll need to have a meet up soon so you can see it in person (and not just so I can hold your bub and say how cute she is)

And now for something slightly different:

Cyberman, robot or crazy man in a suit? Do you dare get close enough?

Not bad for a simple drybrush job. Picked him up last year in England from The Who Store.

Now for the main event: the screamers, a crazy, mutated gang who live to cause mayhem and spread their mutagenic gasses around. Let's meet them!

Jethro Tollman is the leader of this gang. Ask not for whom the bell tolls...because it's actually a gun.

Nobody's quite sure who (or what) Birdo really is, but he(?) has a big gun and big ideas. Also, the last person to question his(?) position as 2IC ended up in three separate ditches.

Tink is the gang's weaponsmith. He's dangerous and unstable, but also probably the most likely to be reasoned with. Don't diss his name though, because anyone with the confidence to be called Tink in such a dangerous time has got the ability to take you down. Painfully.

Sucker has just about the worst luck. After inhaling an insane amount of mutagen, he found himself unable to breathe without it, as well as a couple of new eyes. On the plus side, he as a pretty sweet gun now.

Maniac has abandoned all pretense of refined combat. Just wind him up and watch him turn the enemy into a fine paste. Jethro keeps him around because he's too crazy to try stabbing his leader in the back.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:49:28 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 05:35:23 AM »
Hahaha brilliant BG's pete, loved the little stories of the mutagenic gang  8)

They turned out rather well mate!
Good to see you haven't dropped the brushes as of late (unlike me) Keep at it!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »

The range is still available form Sergeant Major Miniatures (scroll down) - LINK

:D

Offline PatrickWR

• Scientist
  • Fully Painted Since 2010
    • Comrade's Wargames
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »
Fantastic stuff! What's the source on the figures you used for The Screamers?

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:29 AM »
Hahaha brilliant BG's pete, loved the little stories of the mutagenic gang  8)

They turned out rather well mate!
Good to see you haven't dropped the brushes as of late (unlike me) Keep at it!

Cheers
Matt

They sure did. They're even better in person, as you've seen. Now pick up your own brushes and turn those grey shelves into a panopoly of colour!

The range is still available form Sergeant Major Miniatures (scroll down) - LINK

Aaand now I have another site full of shiny things I want to buy. Must...resist...

Fantastic stuff! What's the source on the figures you used for The Screamers?

Cheers! Those are  GW's chaos cultists I added a few different bits and bobs from my bitz boxes to mix it up a little.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »

Well, I've been busy again. This fellow's name is Ted. I'm not sure how I settled on that name, but it's Ted. When the zombies came for him, well, he decided that rising from the dead just wasn't cricket and he set about returning the dead to the ground.

Fighting zombies can be a dirty business...

Here we have a completely innocent NPC child. Nothing wrong here at all...

What metal pipe? I don't see any *THUNK*

This is Rajesh. Raised in a vault-like situation, he is determined to be in charge, no matter where he is. He's not part of a PA crew, but he sure could boss one around!

So much sass for a youngster!

Petey here seems to fly in the face of the theory that compassion gets you shot. For him, it tends to net him a few caps and a night under a roof, if nothing else.

His clothes are dirty, but his heart is clean...as far as we know.

I used to be the worst of the worst-a slaver. If I could make caps off you, I could find a buyer. If not, well let's say you'd better have lived without regrets. That all changed the day I met Mona.

It was meant to be a simple smash and grab job. You know the kind, grab some people, smash up the place, sell 'em off to the highest bidder. Only one we got for our trouble was Mona. Despite the way my men treated her, she was still willing to forgive us. Couldn't let someone like that get sold, someone with the ability to forgive, so we left my men behind.

We went back to her hometown. Folks had a gun to m' head for ages, but eventually people accepted that I changed. Felt wierd at first, behin' all honest, but I got used to it.

Then one day, I woke up to find her dead in the barn. Lookin' at the wounds, there's only one person besides the old me who'd do that, so now I'm gonna find my old gang and take them down...'course, bullets are hard to come by these days, so I might well have to club 'em, not that I mind.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:50:33 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 05:15:03 AM »
 :'(
Poor Mona

Pete, I really like those back stories,  8) ... it makes it so much harder to hurt them in game  lol

Cheers
Matt

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 11:20:29 AM »
:'(
Poor Mona

Pete, I really like those back stories,  8) ... it makes it so much harder to hurt them in game  lol

Cheers
Matt

Yes, yes, my plan is coming together... lol lol lol

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 01:27:37 AM »
I return!

This is Jackie "deemo" Gunner, another one of my artful dodger friends from city of heroes. This one was a bit of a challenge, since I needed either a really big gun or a flame sword to properly represent the character. A few models had a big gun, but just didn't feel right, until Berty convinced me to join in a purchase from eureka miniatures.

As soon as I saw this guy in their indian children set, I knew I'd be able to do something with him, but what? The easy answer was a shiskebab, a la fallout 3.

Now our young mutant friend is free to wander the wastes, exacting revenge on bandits, slavers and anyone who looks at him funny. I actually finished him a while ago, but I couldn't get a good photo from the front for some reason.

This is one of two imperial guard sentinels I picked up last year at MOAB (I paint slow, okay?) I tried a spot of desert camo on this one, but I might need a bit more practice. At least it looks plenty dirty!

This one, I got a bit more creative with. I present to you: the chickadee!

A merchant found this walker abandoned in a shed. After years of trading, painting and the occasional non-lethal explosion, the machine roared to life. He was shot moments later because not having a bulletproof windshield in the wasteland is a bad idea.

Now it sits in the wastes, waiting its next pilot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:51:33 PM by Vladimir Raukov »