Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686505
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.  (Read 59092 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »
Are these rules still available? The link on page one no longer works.

Scavenge skirmish survive or Pulp Alley?

Cheers
Matt

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »
Very clever idea to use that set! Painting works well and you have done a lot of stuff.

Well not everyone in the wasteland is a gun-toting adventurer...well, not yet anyway. More stuff is on its way!

Wow those look great. I went straight to buy that set after seeing it here. Luckily for me it was out of stock thus sawing me from myself - for a bit..

Hmm, I'd better not tell you about their 28mm Chaos range then...oh wait, don't read that! Delete! Delete!

That tyre boy and pre-war junk seller are amazing! What a set for Post Apocalyptia!  8)  8)  8)

Grab the nuka-cola, get your pre-war Raybands and watch the atomic sunset.  8)

Cheers
Matt

I wonder how much damage a tire does in SSS?  lol

I actually think your painted skin looks rather good!

Thanks! I'll be trying it out more now that I've got some more browns to play with.

Are these rules still available? The link on page one no longer works.

Scavenge skirmish survive or Pulp Alley?

Cheers
Matt

What he said.

What's this? A penguin? With a balloon? In the desert? Yeah, okay.

[/url]

When the zookeepers didn't show up one day, an enterprising penguin tied an errant balloon to himself and succeeded in something that no other penguin had managed-he floated just high enough to leave his enclosure and search for more tasty fish.

What will he find on his quest? Adventure? Glory? Tasty, tasty fish? Only time will tell...

Model was a sample sent out with my order from eureka miniatures. It was fun to paint, except for the part where I dropped it on the floor and nearly went mad reattaching the balloon.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2018, 10:35:01 PM »
lol - deligtful painting.

I just picked up one myself - he/she is full of character in such a simple miniature.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2018, 07:48:33 AM »
A tyre could certainly KO in SSS.

A penguin?!? What in Post-Apocalyptia is that?!? It's brilliant is what. Hahaha, I am eager to hear 3 Dawg to sing tales of his adventures across the wastes.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2018, 07:55:51 AM »
Cute.

Is he called Feathers McGraw?

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2018, 04:12:35 AM »
lol - deligtful painting.

I just picked up one myself - he/she is full of character in such a simple miniature.

Agreed! I still can't believe I got it for free.

A tyre could certainly KO in SSS.

A penguin?!? What in Post-Apocalyptia is that?!? It's brilliant is what. Hahaha, I am eager to hear 3 Dawg to sing tales of his adventures across the wastes.

Cheers
Matt

Look! Up in the sky! It's Bhudda! It's Jesus! It's...a gently floating penguin?

Cute.

Is he called Feathers McGraw?

What? No! Absolutely not!

...Well, it wasn't before.

One thing that probably isn't cute in the same way as Feathers up there is this...kid? Kids? Anyway, here's James and Tom. James is the blondie and Tom is the darker haired fellow. They bicker now and again, but they always make up in time. It's not like they can go separate ways, after all.

Brother-James?

What is it now, my deeply-jawed brother?

I'm bored, brother-James. Can we play a game?

Ooh, a game. I like this idea. What one should we play?

How about shoot and scream?

That is an uncharacteristically good idea, brother. Now, where did we leave the ray gun?

Miniature is The Flapper Twins from Eureka Miniatures. They're not bad kids, they just never had anyone to tell them that pointing a loaded and moderately unstable ray gun isn't everyone's idea of a good time. The base was probably from a warhammer mini that I took off. All I know is that it was all cracked and lumpy when I found it in my bits box, which suited the boys perfectly.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2018, 08:03:10 PM »
Where was Tom on arm day? He needs to catch up. ;D

Cheers
Matt

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »
Where was Tom on arm day? He needs to catch up. ;D

Cheers
Matt

One arm's for slappin', one arm's for sassin'  :D

Well, it took me WAY too long to paint these guys. Not because of any particular difficulty, I was just flooded with assignments and life and blah.

Some people might wonder why I paint so many kids for such a seemingly hopeless world as post-apocalypse Australia, but to them I say:

1) Shut up, I'll paint what I want.

2) Why bother risking your neck in an irradiated wasteland if humanity is going to die in a few years?

It would've taken forever to take every shot of every kid (and then upload them) so I've just included a few highlights.

Hailing from a vault whose number has been lost due to poor data management and shoddy vault suit construction, these kids make the most of the hand-me-downs they receive.

Some get more hand-me-downs than others.

That's about it...for now.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2018, 06:38:54 AM »

Watch out, I think we've been spotted!

This is Tom Cooper, aka Juvie. He's another one of the guys I sort of knew back when City of Heroes was still a thing and by sort of knew, we met one time. Kind unfortunate, since he was one of our group's founders.

As for this particular Juvie, he grew up as part of a bandit gang. Despite never knowing his parents, he knew that banditry wasn't right. One night, he tried to escape, but was captured. In his panic, he reached for a stick, hoping to use it as a weapon. Imagine his surprise when a metal blade flew out of each end!

After dispatching his former comrades (or at least making them run off) Juvie wondered without a sense of purpose. Eventually, he found some teenagers trying to hunt down a mole rat, but they weren't having much luck. With his experience, they soon had a mighty (if slightly bullet riddled) feast.

Realizing that some people didn't have the same 'luck' that he did as a kid, Juvie found an old police station and began setting up The Artful Dodgers, the skeeviest bunch of scavvers, smart-mouths and shooters that the wasteland had ever seen. Also, there's robots.

The model is reaper's Harrix Fireblood. I mistook the hand crossbow on his back for a gun, so he ended up a post-apoc scavver instead of a magic user. About the worst part of the model is the giant lump of metal under the feet - I had to get a new set of bases so that it wouldn't stick over the edge too much!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:43:41 AM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
I'm back with a new model!

This is DX-TR. If he was ever human, there's little evidence of it now. What remains of his skin is grey and tight over his bones and the only time he leaves his bunker is to collect scrap for science.

Even travelling with his lightning spear, there are dangers to be found in the wastes, resulting in a slightly bent spear head.

Some say that he is being stalked by a robot named D33-D33, who constantly interferes with his experiments, but is otherwise harmless. He blames it for his disconnection from other members of the Cult of Mars.

I got this model from Constable Bertrand. I'm not sure where it's from, but I immediately decided it should be a tech priest.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2018, 03:03:55 AM »
I have so little left, yet I must paint!

This little fella is N1N3, a fully modular service droid.

Buy your N1N3 now, before they walk out the door! Possessing the fine wood paneling, sturdy metal and flexible rubber, putting together your household companion is as simple as can be!

Need a maid? No problem! Someone to help take care of the kids without complaining? No worries! Need someone to keep you company on those lonely nights? Look elsewhere, creep.

In the event of global nuclear war, these fine units will revert to their scavenge-skirmish-survive protocol, guarding you and yours from the rapid deterioration of society. After all, why should you rebuild your neighborhood when you can destroy everyone around you who won't bow to your superiority and foresight! Don't delay, prepare for society's downfall today!

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »

Well, who's this friendly fellow?

It's R4x, outfitted with the finest scavenged armour and cybernetics!

Which parts are armour? Which parts are cybernetics? Who knows? All that matters is he's a good, good boy by wasteland standards.

I got this little fella from Constable Betrand for my birthday. No idea where he's from, but he was pretty fun to paint!

That'll be it from me until moab rolls around...in this thread, at least.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »
Missed some of these updates. Wonderful stuff. Really love the gang of kids.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2018, 03:10:04 AM »
Missed some of these updates. Wonderful stuff. Really love the gang of kids.

Thanks! It was an interesting challenge for me to try different skin tones. I still need more practice, but it's worth it to try.

Now, for something relatively different...

It's...

The Complaints Department!

Abandoned in a junkyard, The Complaints Department is a single-person mech that has been patched together and kludged back into working condition so many times that very few of its original parts remain. Nevertheless, it still soldiers on under the commands of whoever pilots it.

Presently, The Complaints Department is owned by a restauranteer, who uses it to deal with difficult cuts of meat...and difficult customers.

That said, it is available for rent at the right price...

It's hard to read from here, but the panel below the tanks says, 'bum.'

Yes, those are nerf missiles. Pack anything with enough explosives and it'll do the job.

The model's an old ork dreadnaught that I found at moab this year for $15. I kept a couple if parts off which will make their appearance down the track sometime. The base is from Micro Art Studios.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »
Nice job on the mech.