Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.  (Read 59091 times)

Online Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Re: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »
Brilliant minis, lots of character.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2018, 09:03:35 AM »
Nice job on the mech.

Cheers! It was more fun that I expected to build.

Brilliant minis, lots of character.

Cheers! I find it's more fun to paint things when there's a good bit of character behind them

And speaking of character...

I painted another thing! This is The Foxy Sniper, a jovial thief roaming the post-apocalypse with a smile on his face and a heart on his bullet (it didn't show up that well in the picture, but it's there.

Rather than kill anyone guarding shiny things, this french-accented thief prefers to isolate and disable the guards. No point performing for a dead audience, right?

The model is Ex Manus Studios' Risu - Wasteland Marksman. I based the colour scheme on Le Foxy Archier, a character I teamed up with a few times back in City of Heroes.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »

Well, what can I say? I've been busy.

I painted up a mostly-functioning nuka cola machine for a bit of scatter terrain. It ended up a little bigger than I thought, but it ended up pretty nice.

There's no backstory for this one. It just sits in the wasteland, providing shade and tasty treats for anyone brave enough to stick their hand in...

Looks like something went a-splat...

The vending machine came from bplaser.com and the posters came from over here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/08/24/24th-aug-building-a-kill-team-boardgw-homepage-post-4/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
Looking good.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »
Looking good.

Cheers! Always nice to have a comment or two to fuel my narcissism desire to paint more!

Looks like we have some (slightly fuzzy) eldar sneaking up on us!

What brings them to this irradiated wasteland is beyond me, but it must be important for them to leave their craftworld.

Two of the higher ranked members of this party have unusual equipment. The one toting two long rifles is usually seen near the one with a pistol, since he needs to bail the former out of some bind more often than not.

The models are of course, GW dire avengers. I tried out a few new things on these models and while I did hurt myself a little doing some of the edges, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out...although if this keeps up, I'll probably start a future wars thread for my eldar lads.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:25:18 AM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »
Nice. I want moar, MOAR! NOW!!!!!!  :D

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2019, 03:29:41 PM »
Looking great - the plumes on those helmets came out very nicely indeed.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2019, 04:49:48 AM »
Looking great - the plumes on those helmets came out very nicely indeed.

Cheers! I followed a guide on youtube to get them right. Thank goodness for youtube, eh?

Nice. I want moar, MOAR! NOW!!!!!!  :D

Ask and ye shall receive (when I get on my butt and start painting)

Here we have three wandering lads: The Messenger, Gymp and Conan.

They don't have any particular goals, they just hit stuff and yell at things.

There's always time to flex, though.

These three lads started life as necromunda models that I found at moab last year. They were missing a few parts, so I had to add an arm to Gymp from my temple guard arm collection and a flagellant hand from Conan that I had left over from a unit of flagellants. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
"Arnie, we getting the band together again."

Nice stuff.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2019, 05:03:01 AM »
"Arnie, we getting the band together again."

Nice stuff.

lol Cheers!

Turns out, life in a post-apocalyptic world isn't all sunshine and hundred year old cola. People die.

Not much to these ones, just some regular old gravestones. No names, no stories, just markers for some poor scavvers that reached too far. I tried to make one of them into a neon sign, but history will decide how well I did.

These gravestones are from BPlaser, made from MDF. They've been done for a while, but I only just got around to photographing them.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2019, 02:11:43 PM »
Nice.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »
Ooh nice additions Pete, the blue Eldar are really nice with the ochre brown bases, nice complimentary opposite colours.  8)  8)  8) the PJs look really well done.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »
Great collection and project. :D I'm always envious when I see people being able to stick to projects and constantly add to them. The cool thing about post-apocalyptic things of course is that you can get a ton of different things in there. And it works! Even the penguin does! :D Great thread, thanks for sharing!

Online Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2019, 09:27:54 PM »
The Messenger, Gymp and Conan look great, well done saving the old models! The temple guard arm with the scales looks particularly mutie! I really like the graves too, it's cool having that sort of scatter terrain that tells a story without needing much explanation.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
Nice.

Cheers!

Ooh nice additions Pete, the blue Eldar are really nice with the ochre brown bases, nice complimentary opposite colours.  8)  8)  8) the PJs look really well done.

Cheers
Matt

Cheers! I've been looking forward to adding a few aliens to our post-apoc menagerie, especially with that cracking tau ship of yours floating around.

Great collection and project. :D I'm always envious when I see people being able to stick to projects and constantly add to them. The cool thing about post-apocalyptic things of course is that you can get a ton of different things in there. And it works! Even the penguin does! :D Great thread, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Honestly, the only reason I started (and have since stuck to) this project is because of Bertrand. I think I'll be properly done when my hands fall off, but until then there's plenty of stuff on the ol' grey mound to paint up...perhaps some more animals are in order?

The Messenger, Gymp and Conan look great, well done saving the old models! The temple guard arm with the scales looks particularly mutie! I really like the graves too, it's cool having that sort of scatter terrain that tells a story without needing much explanation.

Honestly, the graves are more representative of my effectiveness of decorating the battlefield with parts of my team of scavvers than storytelling. Cheers for the kind words!

And speaking of storytelling...

This is The Nightmare of New Silverton. Nobody's sure what it was before it mutated, just that it's been taking out merchants, bandits and scavvers alike since it was first spotted.

By manipulating its veins ever so slightly, The Nightmare can launch fire, bile and acid from its gun-like appendage. If there's one weak point on this...thing, it'd be those. Take 'em out and you might have an easier time of killing it.

Some say that the red patches on The Nightmare are cooling vents, some say they're open wounds. Nobody's gotten close enough to find out, though.

The gun in all its 'glory.' Some say it can see in infra-red as well as regular vision, to assist with targeting.

The mini, as you might have guessed, is one of the old GW tyranids. I want to say it was a hive tyrant, but I'm not sure. I got it for about 12 bucks from moab and two of the arms were missing, but a couple of blobs of good ol' green stuff sorted that out. Overall, it was a fun model to paint, but in hindsight it would have been more helpful if I left the gun arms off while I was painting. I was planning to have a bright shell at one point, but having a dark one just made sense after a while.