Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686475
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.  (Read 59089 times)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:48:41 AM »
Every now and again (although not as often as I'd like) Constable Bertrand and I get together to play Scavenge Skirmish Survive. It's fun, brutal, I die a lot and if you want to try it for yourself, the rules are over here: http://tinyurl.com/ltdqqmh

Of course, a game like this wouldn't be quite as fun without miniatures, so here's some of mine. Be warned though, I'm one of those people who comes up with backstories to nearly anything I paint, so this may take a while.

This first group shot was my first gang, Wildfire's Wanderers. They're a group of scavvers/merchants who mostly hang around each other for no reason other than cash and food. Smashing up raiders is just a happy bonus.

Wildfire Magni here was the son of a merchant. With caps flowing for most of his life, he grew strong and surprisingly well-fed. Eventually, he left his dad's caravan to try and make it on his own. He's had mixed results, but I for one am rooting for him.

Takeshi '86' Sakamoto was Wildfire's first recruit. He comes from vault 286, but due to a clerical error, they ended up with a bunch of jumpsuits from vault 86 by mistake. His vault's only form of entertainment were chop-socky kung-fu flicks and having known no other way, he lives by a strict code of honour...and his mouth doesn't move in sync with his words. It's freaky.

Sister Seraphica is a member of the Sable Sisters, an all-female group dedicated to empowering ordinary wastelanders by recovering technology and educating others in its proper uses. She often butts heads with 86 over what is defined as a 'proper' use for something, but she is still a welcome member to the team.

Whenever Wildfire got in over his head, The Gentleman was always there to help him out. Wildfire eventually trapped the eccentric, tea loving adventurer and 'convinced' him to join up. Nobody knows what's under his mask, but given what effects the wastelands can have on people, it probably isn't pretty...

This Joe. Joe smash. You hurt Joe's friends? You get smash.

This is Kenneth. He was saved from mutation by his big brother Joe when he tied a piece of his singlet around Kenneth's face. Since then, the two have been inseparable. Wildfire originally only wanted to recruit Joe into his band, but Joe wouldn't come unless Kenneth could too. He is talented in hacking networks and finding things that other people have lost. He also owns ten whole copies of Grognar the Barbarian with only one or two bullet holes in them.

That's my first crew, but there will be plenty more pictures to come!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:42:37 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Shooty, shooty, pew pew: Adventures in the wastes.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:31:30 AM »
Sweet! Love the backgrounds you built.  I use Pulp Alley, but SSS looks interesting.  How does it flow?
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:00:50 AM »
Those are really nice! :o
Seconded on SSS.
can't wait to see yer other gangs

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 04:24:38 AM »
Nice work! And a great choice of miniatures too 8)
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:50:14 AM »
You get smash.

Yes you do. His meat club hurts. I know from experience. Joe also has a way with dogs, they seem to flock to him.

Great photos Vlad! They really show off your cool minis. Im excited to see more :D

Cheers
Matt

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »
Sweet! Love the backgrounds you built.  I use Pulp Alley, but SSS looks interesting.  How does it flow?

Cheers! I'm not quite sure what you mean by flow, but I've found that even with my poor memorizing skills, the action rarely stops. The random special events pop in a twist or two that often leads me to reconsider the way I'll take care of the mission at hand. *coughoutofammocough*

Those are really nice! :o
Seconded on SSS.
can't wait to see yer other gangs

Cheers! I have some other pictures ready to go, so I'll most likely post them up after work tomorrow.

Nice work! And a great choice of miniatures too 8)

Cheers! The Gentleman was a gift of sorts from Bertrand. I knew almost immediately what his personality was going to be. I think he's won more fights with his umbrella than his pistol.

Yes you do. His meat club hurts. I know from experience. Joe also has a way with dogs, they seem to flock to him.

Great photos Vlad! They really show off your cool minis. I'm excited to see more :D

Cheers
Matt

Oh you sure do know how hurty his club hand is! Good thing I used it to save Kiko that one time, eh?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:22:45 AM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 11:41:29 AM »
Hey swine and silver, if you check my blog there are some bat reports on SSS. The good news is the ruleset is a free download so try it out!

It's driven by D10's with weapon/damage charts. Turn sequences are a randomised I go you go system, based on drawing cards which also trigger special events. Roughly once a turn.

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
And now as promised, more things!

These fellows are The Desert Dogs. They're not as tight knit as my other gangs. They're more of a loose conglomeration of people who share a love of shooting things. Bertrand asked me to paint them before MOAB, but I only got half of them done.

This is Eli Tome. He isn't really affiliated with the others, he just shows up sometimes.

Ash 'n Gazza constantly try to outdo one another in the art of bandit hunting. You might even say that they want to be the very best. After all, when it comes to bandits, you've gotta catch 'em all!

These three military types are the core of the Dogs. On the left is Private Ryan, the middle one just goes by 'Commander' and the one on the left is Private L. Jenkins. You'll never guess which one causes the most trouble...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:43:59 PM by Vladimir Raukov »

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
Ooh yeah! Nicely done mate.  :-*  :-*  :-*

The militia turned out well. I do like their rusty metal jackets.

Eli is a Lead Adventure mini, Ash and Gary are TAG and not sure on the mercenaries, all via Silent Steve ;)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:14 PM »
Hi folks

Hadn't commented yet as I was so enjoying the SSS plaudits i didn't want to risk bringing on any brickbats  lol

Matt, all I know about those minis is that they are early sculpts by Kev White. Glad they've found a use. 

Oh and welcome VR   :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 11:00:41 AM »
Your first gang is simply amazing in every thing background story, figure selection and painting more please!

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
they are early sculpts by Kev White.

Ooh, very nice.  ;)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:02 AM »

The militia turned out well. I do like their rusty metal jackets.

Cheers! I wasn't sure how well it'd turn out, but it worked out pretty well in the end. The eagle eyed among you might notice that Private Jenkins has differently-coloured shoes. Hey, it's rough in the wastes.

Hi folks

Hadn't commented yet as I was so enjoying the SSS plaudits i didn't want to risk bringing on any brickbats  lol

Matt, all I know about those minis is that they are early sculpts by Kev White. Glad they've found a use.

Oh and welcome VR   :)

Thanks for having me and making this system! It's tough, but super satisfying when good stuff happens.

Your first gang is simply amazing in every thing background story, figure selection and painting more please!

Cheers! I'd consider myself closer to average than amazing, but there will be more, once I get off my butt and paint.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 06:47:43 AM »
once I get off my butt and paint.

Woo hoo! More more more more more

Offline Silverarm

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 02:06:26 AM »
Really nice selection for the second band. Really give that rag-tag feel.
Loving it! Can't wait to see more!  :D