Forum > Medieval Adventures

Stoke Field 1487

(1/34) > >>

Gangleri:
Hi, folks. Pretty new to these forums (and duly impressed by everyone's work).  I thought you might be interested to see what I've been working on for the past weeks.

The battle of Stoke Field has always been near to my heart, so to speak, and I studied it in considerable depth as an undergraduate writing my thesis on the tumultuous early years of Henry VII's reign.  I've been trying to 'recreate' the Earl of Lincoln's army, a fascinating polyglot force of English, Irish, and Germans that provides a pleasant mix of styles and modeling techniques.  Pictures aren't the best, but that's always been a weak point of mine.

More can be seen at my blog, though I'll post some updates here as well, time permitting.
http://stokefield.blogspot.com/

Hope you enjoy!

CaptainHaddonCollider:
Consider me impressed! Really like what you've achieved with the heraldry on the short jacks, very well accomplished! I dont know if it's just the camera, but the skin looks like it could need a wash and a highlight though - what are you planning to do with basing?

EndTransmission:
Fantastic work on those. The heraldry looks really well done

UbiqueMatt:
Interest project and nicely painted figures. Can I suggest you add a 'follow' widget to your blog.

Captain Blood:
Coming on nicely - well done on the heraldry  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version