Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:05:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690584
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost to the Zone  (Read 69973 times)

Offline DowVooVoo

• Mad Scientist
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost To The Zone - More Crap for the Vehicle Pool
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 01:22:30 PM »
Just to cool!!!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
I really like your plastic conversions !

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 07:17:16 AM »
Here's my first proper piece of terrain for the setting. Ok ignoring the wrecks and fence sets. Welcome to some craphole in the woods. =P

Its entirely balsa wood with a corrugated plasticard roof.  The stumps about it imply someone in the area's needed some firewood I suppose, though I just thought the base needed a bit of tat to liven it up.

Ah, so there it is. I've sat on this longer than I had to, but now it can finally be moved off my table at least. Enjoy. :)

Next up? The crashed Hind. XD

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Lost to the Zone – Oh Country Life...
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »
Awesomesauce! You don't disappoint sir. 8)

You've really made this little house shine, in all its dilapidation. A very fine piece of scratchbuilding, and the interior finishes it off nicely. Probably a good place to wait out an emission...

I especially like the use of the grass on the roof; very reminiscent of the game settings.

And obviously you need a crashed Hind; there's no better place to snipe at snorks in a swamp, than from the top of a crashed helicopter! :D

Can't wait to see what you do with that one; judging from the rest of your work, it should be something!

I always wanted to make a crashed drone as well, but both a helicopter and a UAV might be a bit much on a single board...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 08:41:29 AM »
That house just oozes S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »
Stunning! It's perfect, you've really got the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. feel and design down there.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »
Another vote for 'captures that shabby menace STALKER feel perfectly'.

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
Man this is an awesome thread! I love your liniatures but the terrain is just epic. Oh how many time have I explored similar cottages for valuable goodies with the ever present fear of bloodsuckers in my neck... :-*

I am very inspired to start my on S.t.a.l.k.e.r. project as I just finished playing through Shadow of Chernobyl with the Autumn Aurora Mod.

I can't wait for the crashed Hind! What model are you going to use? Are there some in suitable scale for 28mm miniatures?

Thanks for posting, this is really great!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
@ Daeothar

When I was buying the Hind I actually asked if the shop had any 28mm compatible drones. I was in effect told to shove it by the staff (…in the politest terms possible, the guy even called me sir a few times, though he says that to everyone). The wingspan would apparently be too huge for the size of box that type of stuff’s usually packaged in. A nice idea then, but a bit too impractical for the scale (unless I attempted using a 1/72 one, which could possibly work as I don’t think too many people are aware of just how massive drones can be, that and there are smaller ones out there, just not being flown all the way from the US/Europe to Ukraine).

Eugh, and screw the emission logic. The basement would be a good place to stay perhaps, but the actual games seem rather flippant about where’s safe and where isn’t. However now that you say that I may include emissions in certain scenarios. Something like each turn there’s a random roll (say on a D6 roll a 6, with each turn that required roll being decreased by one point. The initial turn would need an eight to be rolled however so that everyone doesn’t immediately die) then I pull out a flare gun and yell “get into cover you gits”. Anyone who doesn’t I then shoot in the face. …Of course by that point the building would be in fire and everyone would have ran out. …Ah yeah. Not a scenario I’ll attempt quite yet perhaps as I don’t think I have enough cover, though then again it’d be interesting to see people fight over buildings. Also an excuse for me to spawn mutants with my GM powers (I don’t like having GM controlled models typically, but there’s a definite reason for some).

@ .:Gunslinger:.

There’s a 1/48th kit by Revell which I’m using for the Hind (they actually do a few Soviet aircraft, but I’ll stay away from overkill, even if that one nippy gunship I saw would totally be cool if I fielded it alongside the military). Yes, as one of my mates said when I told him it was in 1/48th, and in politer terms “that thing must by fuffing massive”, and well it is. It fills the A4 sized sheet of plasticard that I have it mounted diagonally on. …Not quite as large as the Vietnam patrol boat that I have mounted on another A4 sheet is though. :D

Blargle, thanks for the encouragement and what not folks. …It definitely makes me want to go out and start setting off flares. ...Hang on, that was a psychotic side track, what was I saying? Ah yeah, thanks for the comments, they totally justify all the time I spend building this stuff which I could be using for my uni work. ;)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »
Gorgeous! A masterpiece!  :-* :-* :-*
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »
Ace looking building. The interior with the loose floorboards stands out.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
I've been a little involved with other stuff to actually paint anything unfortunately. I'll say that I'm ploughing along however, so as a progress update I'll say that today I'm working on the crashed Hind (which I've had unpainted for like two months now) and more fences. ...Because well I need to have some more terrain for a game I'm intending to run on Tuesday. If I can manage those this weekend then I'd like to attempt to finish some more Stalkers, notably the ones based on those Cold War Soviet models, along with some surprise Eureka Miniatures NBC suited guys (which weren't supposed to turn up for two months, so I'm chuffed they're here).

So yes, besides that wee update I'd like to dump this dropbox link on you. Like the Fallout one which I never bother to update anymore (...ah, a thousand plus images is perhaps enough for the moment) its just a load of resources for the setting. I'll hazard that I only just started it so its not rather expansive, but there's a couple of hundred images categorized in there which may prove interesting. I'll add to it as I look into more models to make, and yes I can admit its lacking in some areas, but whatever here's some pictures. =P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xg4a8amn2rcjq98/AACYBr3s522HGqvkUQrua2T3a?dl=0

Offline Maspalio

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 06:48:05 PM »
love all your stuff ! very inspiring for all of us post apoc wargamers !!!  lol

i think a lot of ariadna fit with all you show on the link above

especially this one

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »
Hey Wyrm, there are 1/60 HIND's out there if that is what you was talking about a few posts back.
Motormax, Skyray i think are two.

Grimm

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2015, 06:01:07 AM »
Revell had a 1/48 model (got one stashed away for the distant future   ;D)