Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tell Me About "Across the Dead Earth"  (Read 1725 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Tell Me About "Across the Dead Earth"
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
All,
      I am a sucker for Post-Apocalyptic games and fiction.  Tell me about Across the Dead Earth.  What are the basic mechanics?  How many figures per player?  Is solo play possible?

Nick

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Re: Tell Me About "Across the Dead Earth"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:18:25 PM »
Your on the facebook group but I'll answer here anyway :)

ATDE Is a skirmish game where your gang can be as big or a small as your points limit will allow.
Typically around 5-10 figures per side. Can handle upto four players quite easily (might need to double the event card deck though)

Its not intended to be played solo though you'd be making the concious decisions for both sides. I've done it a few times and its still fun :) The Event cards are probably the trickiest part with solo play as you have a hidden hand of 3 in play at any one time and obviously if your playing solo you know what is in both players hand :)

It uses a 2D6 against a target number for all tasks in the game. Activation is rolled for each turn with each player moving a character in turn until all members of there gang has activated. All characters get two actions per turn so you can shoot twice, move twice etc. Leaders get an extra action which they can use or can use it to give another member of there gang an extra action (on a successful test)/

Offline Scorpio

• Scientist
  • justice wears a mask
    • Metal Skirmish
Re: Tell Me About "Across the Dead Earth"
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
The main book is set in the UK, very close to post-modern day. The first expansion will talk about what happened to the United States. There are also references to the "Sollus," a certain shambling sort infected with a dread virus. So you'll be able to tailor your post-apocalytpic environment to your needs.

There's a ton of links and information in the now-over kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chappellm/across-the-dead-earth
PMMDJ
http://metal-skirmish.blogspot.com/

"Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved."