Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: WIP - The Gold Mine - RESTORED PICTURES  (Read 43661 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • elder god
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: WIP - The Gold Mine - RESTORED PICTURES
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2018, 07:10:01 AM »
Great to see this again
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • elder god
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
    • Adventure gaming
Re: WIP - The Gold Mine (part 6 new pics!)
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2018, 08:34:07 AM »
lol nice idea. 'Threadomancy' does sound a bit perjorative. Maybe 'Threadsurrection' would be better - where it's done for good reason.
It is undoubtedly one of the drawbacks of internet forums like this, that the occasional stupendously good, showcase standard gems (like this one) inevitably and inexorably sink down the boards until eventually they are lost from sight, along with all the more workaday and trivial contributions :(

The LAF moderator team have discussed this more than once, but it's a difficult thing. Because (as per your second point FifteensAway) - if you're going to create some kind of 'hall of fame' of the very best projects, who gets to choose? One man's meat is another man's poison. I know exactly the threads which have blown me away over the years, and which would make my top 10 or 20 all time greats. But not everyone would agree.
So maybe the occasional bit of spontaneous threadsurrection (or threaderic!) to deliberately bring rare, hidden jewels back up from the depths, is no bad thing :)

Don't you dare say that Paolo! Upsheet Creek is the best Old West town I've seen, and needs, nay deserves, a gold mine of its own! You are up to the challenge. I believe in you daddy.
:)

I bring my old corpses back to life by occasionally adding a small tidbit. Sneaky, I know, but to me most of my projects are really never really dead.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • elder god
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2018, 10:04:46 AM »
I bring my old corpses back to life by occasionally adding a small tidbit. Sneaky, I know, but to me most of my projects are really never really dead.

I operate on the same principle. I have around 10 extant, long running projects that I just add to when the mood takes me  :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • elder god
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
    • Adventure gaming
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2018, 10:50:12 AM »
I operate on the same principle. I have around 10 extant, long running projects that I just add to when the mood takes me  :)

I know, and I am grateful that you do. I, to, now and then go back to a few LAF hallmark projects and battle reports to gather inspiration and remind myself what to strive for. Sometimes you I need a reminder what they were.

Offline horridperson

• mad scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: WIP - The Gold Mine - RESTORED PICTURES
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2018, 03:09:06 AM »
This is amazing.  Thank you to whoever resurfaced it so it could be appreciated.  This is the kind of "set" that makes me want to give Old West games a go so badly.