Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689740
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Broadsword Adventure Report  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Broadsword Adventure Report
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »
Just the other day I had a friend over to visit and I tried my first round of Broadsword Adventures.

Our heroes were Mirandor, a now homeless son of a nobleman in search for his abducted sister, and Daris, a knife wielding burglar he picked up on the way.

In some remote area near some unfriendly looking wooded hills our heroes had to stop for the night and get some rest. No sooner had they settled in the local tavern then the villagers approached them with a plea of help. The village hunter, one Loron, had gone missing a few nights before. It was feared that the dreaded wolfman might have killed him. In return for a few shillings our heroes, who were rather broke at this point, agreed to hunt the wolfman down and to find Loron.

So early next morning they arrived at the hut where Loron was believed to have his camp. Of course noone was around except for some odd equiptment that quickly found its way into Daris pack.

Following the tracks of the huntsman the two friends suddenly found themselves confronted by a group of savages, who were trying to clear what they believed to be holy ground of any trespassers. Both Mirandor and Daris proved to be tough fighters and soon the savages fled for their lives having lost half of their numbers to the sword and knife of our heroes.

[imghttp://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/doomhippie_photos/45Adventures/Broadsword/DSC00580.jpg]http://[/img]

After taking care of some minor scratches the two hunters were once again the hunted as the wolfman tried to ambush them near a rock formation not far from the place where they had just beaten back the wild men of the wood.

However, a series of masterful swordstrokes and terrible die rolling on the side of the wolfman the brute was hacked to peaces by Mirandor.

So with what seemd to be the more dangerous part of thier work done, the duo continued to explore the hills and woods. But Lady Luck proved fickle! Having climbed up a steep ravine the friends found the gruesome remains of another camp: bones and skulls littered the ground and in an old pot a terrible stew had been prepared!

Horrified by the sight the heroes were ambushed by a pack of large wolves. And while they fought with great courage first one and then the other managed to break their weapons! Faced with vicious predators, unarmed and by now wounded our heroes sensibly decided to break off the fight and head back to the village.

Even if they hadn't found Loron (at least not to their knowledge) they could at least present the head of the wolfman who had so long haunted these woods. And whoever had cooked that hellish stew in the camp was still around so the farmers needed to be warned of this evil.

The grateful villagers supplied our friends with new weapons and bade them look into this new terror.

But that is another story for another time...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:59:40 PM by Doomhippie »
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Broadsword Adventure Report
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »
Nicely done, good to see GW figures getting an outing for a different game...........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »
Wow...that was a quick report upload Doomhippie.
I just got up and see it already here !

It was a nice game with beautiful painted miniatures and Broadsword Adventures definately deserves your attention gentlemen  :)

Björn
, ,

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:03:26 AM »
Very nice report with lots of beautiful terrain and figures. I like the one with a lute on his back. Where does he come from?
Looking forward to your next adventure. Please keep us informed.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:43:39 PM »
What a fantastic write up and the first report to come from a player (not playtester).

Mirandor and Daris might just have to enter the mythology of Tauren.  8)
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
...an old pot a terrible stew had been prepared!

Diner's ready!!!  lol That's a really cool touch!
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 03:35:35 PM »
Very nice report with lots of beautiful terrain and figures. I like the one with a lute on his back. Where does he come from?
Looking forward to your next adventure. Please keep us informed.

An old Grenadier miniature, same as the Daris figure.

Looking back now the scenario looks rather simple with three fightung encounters. Actually there were eight encounter tokens. I prepared encounter cards to be drawn at random. Everything from extra equiptment (healing potions or climbing robes) to enemies came up. Unfortunately most encounters were the enemies so the scenario ended up like a random encounter running battle. It was fun though and helped learning the rules (well, skills mostly, as the rules are very similar to .45 Adventures, which I have played quite a bit lately.

So thank you for another very satisfying game, Rich.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 05:05:42 PM »
Thanks for posting that, I need the inspiration. You should use that ghastly discovery in the end as a plot hook for another scenario. Something very wicked has taken residence in those hills...
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 11:13:59 PM »
I've already come up with an idea or two. Just need to do some more painting. And maybe a few players more for a little more action... :D

Offline Helljumper

• Student
    • Post Apoc Wargames Forum
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
Excellent stuff......you've convinced me to buy the Broadsword rules.

Ordered Sunday afternoon and there was an email with my PDF waiting for me this morning.  :D

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:17:36 AM by Helljumper »
Obey the overseer and don't touch the tinned fruit.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/index/