Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Nemedian Proxies  (Read 5619 times)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Re: Nemedian Proxies
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 11:49:20 PM »
'Royal Armies of the Hyborean Age - A Wargamers Guide to the Age of Conan' by Lin Carter & Scott Bizar. 1975!
This one?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00150D66Y/ref=dp_olp_2
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 12:50:07 AM »
$75? Yikes! I'm also seeing it on eBay for $99 :o

Is there really a market for vintage rulebooks at these prices? I've never looked into it (haven't been into the hobby long enough to have hoarded any old publications yet at this point) so I'm just curious. According to the aforementioned TMP thread, this book was still available from the original publisher for $7 last year.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd bought this book while I had the chance. While I technically consider Carter's writings on Conan (along with those of every other author who's not Robert E. Howard) to be fanfic, I have to give the man some credit at least. And there is some inherent coolness to a Conan miniature gaming ruleset from 1975! Oh well, maybe it'll turn up on eBay for a more reasonable price sometime.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 04:51:41 PM »
$75? Yikes! I'm also seeing it on eBay for $99 :o

Ohhh! I've come over all faint!

Is there really a market for vintage rulebooks at these prices? I've never looked into it (haven't been into the hobby long enough to have hoarded any old publications yet at this point) so I'm just curious. According to the aforementioned TMP thread, this book was still available from the original publisher for $7 last year.

Now I'm starting to wish I'd bought this book while I had the chance. While I technically consider Carter's writings on Conan (along with those of every other author who's not Robert E. Howard) to be fanfic, I have to give the man some credit at least. And there is some inherent coolness to a Conan miniature gaming ruleset from 1975! Oh well, maybe it'll turn up on eBay for a more reasonable price sometime.

Ah, $7.00 is a bit more realistic. It's an entertaining read with some decent background info and as far as I can I remember from playing the rules as a 14 or 15 year old, the game plays quite well. I'd hardly put them into the "classic rules" category, however  :?

I'd rather adapt WAB or Warmaster etc for Hyborian games. I'm seriously considering doing 10mm Hyboria, using some of the [non-GW] figures available out there.

I must find my copy  lol