Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: conan  (Read 7649 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Re: conan
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »
And I feel obliged to inform my fellow lead-adventurers that this topic has evolved into a dense article that will see the light in the nov-dec issue of Cargad (an spanish e-zine). Even if you can't read spanish, the pictures and the manufacturer's name will need no more explanation. I will keep you informed about this.

Excellent  :D

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
On the subject of minis, I find GW's Lord of the Rings range excellent for some of the 'races' in Conan. The best fits for me are these guys: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1110097

Great for Nords!

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »
On the subject of minis, I find GW's Lord of the Rings range excellent for some of the 'races' in Conan. The best fits for me are these guys: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1110097

Great for Nords!

I'm afraid your link doesn't work. That's GW for ya. What figures were you talking about?
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2008, 04:34:55 PM »
Link works A O K. :-)

Grimm

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2008, 04:45:38 PM »
Not for me, I get to the "choose country" screen.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
Choose country screen for me to.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 05:45:02 PM »
Now how did i know this was going to be the reason you all said it dont work.

Now to leave my a-hole nature aside. Guys, LOL just pick a country and your there. DOH!   :-)

Grimm

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 06:54:06 PM »
Now how did i know this was going to be the reason you all said it dont work.

Now to leave my a-hole nature aside. Guys, LOL just pick a country and your there. DOH!   :-)

Grimm

Upon choosing a country, I get to the main page. Don't see what's so "LOL" about it.

Anyway, I just tried choosing US, and that seems to work (it brings me to the Dunland section of the webstore, which I presume is what Psyberwyche was linking to), but why would I normally choose a country I live over 5000 kilometers from and that GW is not based in?

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
Sorry guys, didn't mean to  spark an argument.

I was indeed referring to their Dunlending Warriors, particularly the Chieftain.

As for the problems with the websites, I think it's because half the countries haven't switched over to the new site yet. See if this works:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99061464107&orignav=16

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »
Upon choosing a country, I get to the main page. Don't see what's so "LOL" about it.

Anyway, I just tried choosing US, and that seems to work (it brings me to the Dunland section of the webstore, which I presume is what Psyberwyche was linking to), but why would I normally choose a country I live over 5000 kilometers from and that GW is not based in?
The "LOL" is warranted. There are people on this list that can put together a complex list of whatevers into works of art, but when a screen comes up, to accommodate you in the proper language, people are just stumped. That is ironic, funny and by some considered possibly sad. It wouldn't not have been any big thing to pick a country, whose language you can read, just to see what would happen or to explain why the direct link didn't work.

This is how GW has set up their web site. They have interests all over the world, in many countries with many different languages. Each link is for a country they have a major interests in. So that for each link is the appropriate language for the country link you get. I choose the US link cause I live in the US and speak English. If there is no link for your country, and I am sure there are more than a couple, you choose one that you can read. I personally think it is a nice change to see a company website with more than one language option. You simply choose a country link so you can understand what you are reading. 

Grimm

Offline vikotnik

• Moonman
  • Mad Scientist
  • Jack Radient Sky
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
Well, I am following this discussion since the beginning with great interest...

The link does not work for me, so 'choosing the obvious' is no option at least for Germans, seems like it works the same for Scandinavians.

Don't see what's so "LOL" about it.

Here is the second one who simply does not get it, not even the
warranted
LOL.

I was just trying to write something about the
a-hole side
of Grimnar's bold comments, but probably it's not worth the bother. ;)

EDIT: I just set the quotes right... :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 09:21:33 PM by vikotnik »
Zafarelli at 01:00 am:
\"...everything is strange in a way. ... Always."

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »
Let's just drop it. Clearly neither of us thinks we've done anything wrong so arguing will get us nowhere.