Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686611
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (More additions to the space opera cast! 7/4/20)  (Read 36869 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Wave two now up in the shop! 16/3/19)
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
WOW! I just came across this thread and again all I can say is WOW! the paint work is really great and some of the conversions are awesome! Great work! I hope to see more!  :-*
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Wave two now up in the shop! 16/3/19)
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »
Wow, thanks very much! Plenty more to come - quite busy with shop releases at mo, but plenty of other bits on painting desk too.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi - plans for next wave...
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »
Hullo all,

I thought I'd note down some ideas for the next wave I'm working on at the moment - mostly because that's also the stuff I'm planning for games! (Blades and Blasters stuff will *strictly* be things I too want for my games!)

First up (and only picture, for now) is this 'kit' for a crashed shuttle:

I've actually iterated on the 'damage' since this pic - it's better and subtler now, but you get the idea.

Rather than get far too cocky trying to cast something that won't fit everyone's needs - this will be the core components for folks to add to their own scenic bases, 'cut' at an angle to help sinking it into the base. It'll be a crashed shuttle (with an option for damage or not damaged side) with a couple of crates that have spilled out.

I'm also sculpting a dead pilot that will be a resin cast added - it's a one sided cast (he's lying the ground) so I can cast him!

I want to game some games where a downed pilot survives in the wastes of a planet stricken by Plague Zombies - Rogue Trader style, but using Mantic TWD rules.

Eventually I'll release the undamaged shuttle, but I'm not totally happy with it yet.

After that, I'm still tinkering with a building set - These are a pretty big commitment in terms of casting (lots of silicone!) so they need to be bang on. These might even be bumped into the next wave.

These buildings will be accompanied by a set of building accessories (doors, widgets, pipes etc.) for those who'd rather detail their own scratch builds.

I'm reworking the small crate holding van to be an enclosed rear cab, just for a bit of variety (it's a little Postman Pat in spaaaaace though!)

Finally - SOME SCULPTS!

These'll take a little while - I'm currently speaking to a sculptor, and also sculpting some of my own bits to add some denizens to my frontier-world.

Who know's though - if inspiration strikes some other bits may well appear!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Plans for wave 3 11/4/19)
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2019, 11:42:36 AM »
Ah, you just keep on impressing us!

Love the idea of a crashed shuttle with its cargo spilled. And since I am Scratchbuilder Numero Uno, I can't wait to see what your building details will be. I would love some computer consoles, keypads and other little stuff to put on my builds!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Plans for wave 3 11/4/19)
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2019, 02:39:21 PM »
That's good, because we've got those!

Nice thing about doing this digitally is that whatever I make to add to buildings I can just separate off as accessories too:

number pad,
windows (couple of types)
Doors,
Vents,
consoles,
weird gribbly bits.

if I remember later I'll @ you in an instagram pic, see what you think.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (H4NK the Robot - 15/4/19)
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »
Afternoon all

I've put prints of H4NK the Robot up for sale on the site

I designed him as a general scale guide to pop in pictures - helpful for judging how big my buildings are, but I was having trouble printing many of him, so I just had him available as a free file to begin with. Last couple of weeks I've been using a new  slicer (Chitubox - it's brilliant) and he's much easier to print now, so everyone can have one!

Here he is in comparison to some other wee chaps from my collection:

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2019, 05:09:21 PM »
That's an awesome 'bot!

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2019, 06:00:33 PM »
Lovely, blocky robo-chum. Will certainly work well with smaller scales too!

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2019, 10:43:20 AM »
Thanks both

Lovely, blocky robo-chum. Will certainly work well with smaller scales too!

Funnily enough his pose and smaller head make him look quite cool against tiny scales - I was messing around the other day. I might make a wee diorama...

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #279 on: April 18, 2019, 05:17:05 PM »
Well, work progresses on the new bits!

I've finished sculpting and casting the downed pilot, and frankly - I'm bloody chuffed with him!

Here is is with just a wash to check the detail - super easy to cast too, only one spot where I had to dig out bubbles before it set.

My idea for this set is that it's much more of a 'kit', rather than sculpting and detailing a base then casting the whole lot - you'll get the ship and the crates and the pilot (might make him optional) and I'll also have an article on the site with ideas on how to detail the base.

This is the kit as a whole

and this is where I'm up to with it so far

Really pleased with this one so far. I'm keeping the pilot separate - partly because I think on the shop I'll offer him as an extra, so that makes product shots easier, but also because I like the idea of using him for other things too - I'll be painting mine up in  very similar scheme to some generic 'guards' I'm working on (they're like Storm Troopers in my sci-fi universe, sort of army - sort of garrison/occupying police force) and I think the dead pilot will do double duty as a murdered guard.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Downed pilot - 18/4/19)
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:02 PM »
Very nicely done! I like the pilot. Looks a bit like Godzilla stomped on him (and that is meant as praise not a flame!).

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Downed pilot - 18/4/19)
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »
This looks amazing!

Lovely set, very usable.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Wave 3 is up!)
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
Well it took some faffing but I've finished wave 3!

Really chuffed with this batch - especially the downed pilot (my first ever cast of something I sculpted!) and the downed shuttle (because it's very cool!)

I also put an article up on shop on how to get the most of the shuttle kit, because it's a bit different to my other pieces - that's liked here for those interested:

https://bladesandblasters.com/blogs/news/a-scenic-base-for-a-downed-shuttle

It's possible I might do some 6mm bits next, but I have got a whole chunk more 15mm on the go - including a not-crashed shuttle - so we'll see what get's finished first!

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Wave 3! 23/4/19)
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2019, 08:22:42 PM »
Ah, very cool! I particularly like the robot looking rather awkwardly at the dead pilot.

I was going to ask when some of these but will be appearing in 6mm, especially the trucks.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Jagannath's 15mm Sci Fi (Wave 3! 23/4/19)
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2019, 08:48:37 PM »
I don't know what to say, except:  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*