Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:10:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686602
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AAR- Donnybrook, The French and Indian War, Captain Castroulle Strikes Again!  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Jeppan

• Bookworm
Hello All!
I have put together a short battle report from the my latest gaming session using the Donnybrook rules.  The scenario takes place somewhere inloggning the Northwestern frontier of the British colonies during French and Indian Wars. The full report can be found on my blog....

http://the-miniature-mayhem.blogspot.se/2015/03/aar-donnybrook-french-indian-war.html

Here are some pictures from the game....

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cracking looking game, these are one of my favourite sets of rules. They sell themselves a little short though because they can be used for conflicts from the ECW right up to the Crimea in my opinion.

Offline Jeppan

• Bookworm
I do agree! Donnybrook is a very useful set of rules. I like the simplisity if the basic game mechanism. However We added some houserules concerning stealth attacks. There was also a need for special rules for particular unit types( for exemple Rangers, Compagnie de Marine and Coreur de Bois). I have thus far found quite easy to teweak these rules to suit period needs.

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice photos of your terrain and figures. The AAR was neat to read. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Great battle report.
Really enjoyed your photos.
Great looking terrain.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Jeppan

• Bookworm
Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments!

Writing an AAR is always a balance. Too much text and nobody reads it. To Little and you don't get an idea what the game was all about. I am still learning...

For the moment my main focus is to find suitable campaign rules for upcomming Donnybrook games. Something simple, but yet detail enough to get a sense that the individual games are linked together.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Very nice looking game. Your buildings are particularly good. ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline folnjir

• Scientist
Looks like a fun game. That's an interesting collection of miniatures in the third photo in this thread.

Offline Jeppan

• Bookworm
The barn is the plastic kit from Renedra. There is also a small cabin from 4ground. The rest of the buildings are build from scratch using loose parts, mainly from the company Warbases. Warbases have a range of Doors and Windows that can be used for scratchbuilding.