Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: D&D(&D))  (Read 266941 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Sea Elf)
« Reply #1200 on: September 26, 2019, 11:46:50 AM »
Thank you for sharing that! I don't have PTSD, just an unusual amount of stress lately.

I figured. I was discussing this with a friend a couple of weeks ago - and how both of us like painting to de-stress. So it's definitely a thing.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline LazyStudent

• Scientist
« Reply #1201 on: September 26, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
Incredible free hand! I am envious of your skill. I struggle with simple geometric shapes!  lol
"History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #1202 on: September 28, 2019, 08:18:31 AM »
Stunning free-hand lobster Sir! It's been too long since I last looked at the Marienburg vs the livingly challenged thread. I see you've been pretty busy in the interim. Will the elf unit all get similar nautical themed heraldry?  :-*

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1203 on: September 28, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »
Great looking elf! That shields lovely

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1204 on: September 28, 2019, 11:26:29 PM »
Stunning free-hand lobster Sir! It's been too long since I last looked at the Marienburg vs the livingly challenged thread. I see you've been pretty busy in the interim. Will the elf unit all get similar nautical themed heraldry?  :-*

They will be a mix of typical elven designs, nautical/aquatic, and geometric designs. I don't plan on painting them all free hand, so I'm still looking for more of the embossed elven shields from GW.

These last few sea elves added to the 28 I painted in the OWAC earlier this year will allow me to split them into two regiments of 16 if I want to. I just need to paint the banners (and shields, as mentioned above)...

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #1205 on: September 29, 2019, 10:22:07 AM »
Well they are looking superb. Thanks for sharing. I have recently been looking out my old 90s era high elves and this is great inspiration to push me on with the repainting. I don't think I have any spare embossed shields unfortunately but will double check the bitz-box and let you know if I find anything.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1206 on: September 30, 2019, 11:24:28 PM »
Thanks!

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1207 on: October 01, 2019, 12:05:13 AM »
That is a very cool banner! The jellyfish is a motif i’ve never seen on heraldry before, but it fits and, oddly, gives me a 3rd Edition- Oldhammer vibe.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1208 on: October 02, 2019, 04:15:15 AM »
Finished the last details and base on the happy-go-lucky sea elf prince who gave up his claim to the throne to his equally well meaning cousin, then sailed the seas of fate, promoting peace, carrying with him the healing boon of the white sword...

Re-purposed classic figure to fit into the sea elf force I painted for the Old World Army Challenge

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Witch Hunter & New Board)
« Reply #1209 on: October 02, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »
Yes. He is The Khorc.

lol

I've had a half-baked attempt at converting a Bloodthirster into something resembling one of my favorite Dragon Magazine covers (#119) sitting around for years. So the Former-'thirster no longer needed an axe.

Oh, I have a copy of that miniature. Can't remember who the company was but it was sculpted by Paul Meuler. The company has since gone defunct though and I don't know who has the rights. I may have a pic here of him painted up.

Found the link, Go all the way down the bottom of the page and start scrolling up. Look for Koscheii.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:28:18 AM by beefcake »

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #1210 on: October 03, 2019, 04:09:24 PM »
Beautiful work! Love it. Also like the seashell scenery you snuck into the background there as well.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #1211 on: October 03, 2019, 07:49:33 PM »
I only skimmed through the last few pages but this is a lovely thread. I especially like the high elves. The lobster shield is fantastic!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #1212 on: October 04, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »
I always felt Sea Elves never really got a fair crack of the whip with Warhammer. These guys are great.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (Witch Hunter & New Board)
« Reply #1213 on: October 04, 2019, 06:21:45 PM »
Thank you everyone!

Oh, I have a copy of that miniature. Can't remember who the company was but it was sculpted by Paul Meuler. The company has since gone defunct though and I don't know who has the rights. I may have a pic here of him painted up.

Found the link, Go all the way down the bottom of the page and start scrolling up. Look for Koscheii.

Thanks! I've never seen that before.

I always felt Sea Elves never really got a fair crack of the whip with Warhammer. These guys are great.

After painting my pitifuly few Marauder sea elves, I've had a few thoughts about trying to do a small fan/hobbyist-run project (KS?) to do a small set of retro sea elves to match, since I really wish the range was a little larger and they weren't so difficult to get. I know there have been other small scale productions of retro inspired figures, so it may be worth a shot. I'd just need to work out a plan & funding...

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1214 on: October 04, 2019, 06:22:19 PM »
Whoops... Also, Orctober is upon us! Or half-Orctober in my case.