Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:42:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old Unfinished Sculpts  (Read 1432 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Old Unfinished Sculpts
« on: February 22, 2015, 05:30:17 AM »
Or attempted sculpting. ;)

More old & unfinished projects discovered as I dig through old boxes o' stuff in the attic. This was a good find, as my mind has been into the idea of trying my hand at sculpting again lately, as I think it would be fun to create some unique figures for the current project I recently started posting here. These are all pretty old. But I also haven't sculpted any minis in a very long time, either.

This one was intended to be an unarmored samurai being taken by surprise. I think this was only the second or third attempt at sculpting from scratch. He's a bit smaller, more like the old 25mm figures than bigger "heroic" scale guys. Never finished the bottom half nor his sword. A lot of things wrong with the sculpting, but it's kind of tempting to finish the rest & paint it up, since it's mostly done anyway.

Next is a set of 5 ratmen, intended to be roughly in scale with the original range of GW Skaven sculpts, but with an intentional variation in heights. Obviously I never got very far with them. Not sure they're worth finishing, except maybe for practice.

And lastly, the third of a set of vulture men I had been working on. The other two are finished, and one was even cast in metal. After the second one was cast (not by me), I cut this guys arms off and started working on repositioning them so he would also be suitable for casting too. I can't remember my intentions -- if I meant the arms to stay separate or if I was going to permanently attach them -- but as it stands, they could be cast separately and be glued on if I finished the hands & other details. But I don't have much reason to get him cast now, so a bit irrelevant anyway. I might just finish & paint this.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
Re: Old Unfinished Sculpts
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:42 PM »
I for one would like to see them finished. It would be a shame to see all your efforts to date go to waste. That vulture man certainly looks interesting.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
VERY COOL STUFF! The Vulture Guy is OUTSTANDING! Keep up the WONDERFUL WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:07:07 AM »
I'll most likely finish the samurai & vulture, but not sure about the ratmen. I might try sculpting their heads separate, and if they turn out OK, then I will put them on the bodies and finish the rest of them.