Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Question about Mirliton Fantasy Warriors miniatures  (Read 7228 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Re: Question about Mirliton Fantasy Warriors miniatures
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 01:27:33 PM »
That's one of their chaos warriors. I have the rest and the Mirliton Grenadier castings are good. I also have two of the barbarian tiger riders and they are tight.
Nice work! I love that figure. I got him and the rest of the chaos'ish warriors in a bin-o-lead a few years back.  It predates Forlorn's reissues but I'm not sure if mine is Merliton or -as is most likely- original Grenadier castings, but they paint up a treat!  They even look nice with my dipped basic-tabletop-quality paintjobs.

Great figs that exude menace without having to be covered in skulls. More pics of them here:
http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2013/05/painting-up-old-school-chaos-fantasy.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:29:10 PM by eilif »

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 08:25:48 AM »
Thanks again for all the feedback.

I've already ordered at Mirliton. As I'm from Europe there is no shipping cost problem.

I will let you know once my order arrived what quality they have.

Cheers

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 08:57:45 PM »
Hi guys, just seen your post. Couple of issues here so I'll try and address them.

1. Dr. Moebius, I assume you are the guy who emailed me a month or so ago, I did reply asking if you could identify the figures in question and I'd replace them but I didn't get a reply, sorry for the failure to get through, may have been an email filter issue, pm me and I'll get it sorted.
2. Some of the stock we have is old but I'm trying to remove anything that is not useable but as with all these things, sometimes figures slip through.
3. The moulds are old, although as we are working through the range we will be making new ones as the need arises. I've also just bought a new (to us) casting machine so hope to be able to achieve better quality casts.

We are a small operation and trying to do the best we can, always room for improvement though. Talk to us, we can normally sort things out.

Gary
Suppliers of Wargaming "Stuff"
www.forlornhopegames.co.uk

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
Hi guys, just seen your post. Couple of issues here so I'll try and address them.

1. Dr. Moebius, I assume you are the guy who emailed me a month or so ago, I did reply asking if you could identify the figures in question and I'd replace them but I didn't get a reply, sorry for the failure to get through, may have been an email filter issue, pm me and I'll get it sorted.
2. Some of the stock we have is old but I'm trying to remove anything that is not useable but as with all these things, sometimes figures slip through.
3. The moulds are old, although as we are working through the range we will be making new ones as the need arises. I've also just bought a new (to us) casting machine so hope to be able to achieve better quality casts.

We are a small operation and trying to do the best we can, always room for improvement though. Talk to us, we can normally sort things out.

Gary

Hello Gary,

thanks for getting back to me this way. I will pm you to get things sorted.

This post wasn't meant to discredit ForlonHope games and I like the professional way you reacted on this thread. It is good to see that you try to improve the issues I talked about. All the best for your business.

Cheers
Dr. Moebius

Offline shredder

• Scientist
    • Forlorn Hope Games
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
No worries, sorry you had to resort to this forum to get this sorted.

G