Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689750
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 689
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Metals compatible with Victrix, Agema, and Warlord?  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Longstrider

• Bookworm
Metals compatible with Victrix, Agema, and Warlord?
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:23:24 AM »
Hi all. So I'm aware that Victrix and Agema are sculpted in somewhat different styles, but I'm wondering if anyone's got experience of cavalry that works well with one or the other.

I'm curious as to the Warlord offerings, because their EIR and nee-Immortal Hoplites are also rather different from their Late Republic and Phalangite plastics (and I know nothing about their Gauls etc). Anyone got experience matching up cavalry and support with those?

Thanks!

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Metals compatible with Victrix, Agema, and Warlord?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:57:20 AM »
I have matched Agema and Victrix romans togther in the same units and they mix quite well.  The warlord Celts look fine alongside them but are sculpted in a very different style.  Given that they will be in separate units this does not show up any anomalies.  The Victrix Greeks work alonside their Romans reasonably well.  I am using some as southern italian spear units with a mix of gear (Scutum/Hoplon/Helmets etc).  I don't have any experience with the Immortal greeks from Warlord.

Aventine cavalry look good alongside the Victrix and of course the Warlord Celtic cavalry alonside their foot cousins work perfectly.  Crusader cavalry is also compatible with Victrix/Agema as is their infantry to a degree.  I have mixed ther odd Crusuder figure in with my Victrix/Agema (mostly in command stand) but only where the pose and the scuplting allows.

Sadly there is no plastic cavalry from either Victrix or Agema at the moment although both have made murmurs that some might follow without stating any dates. If that was to be the case then there would be some amazing conversion possibilities.

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: Metals compatible with Victrix, Agema, and Warlord?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »
About Immortal greek miniatures sell by Warlord they are smaller than the Victrix ones.
For cavalry you can choose the Wargames Foundry ones in metal.
Like Hu Rhu said there are no plastic cavalry at the moment from Agema or Victrix but there is imperial roman(warlord), celt (warlord and wargames factory) and germanic (both warlord and wargames factory).