Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690780
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim Dwarf Treasure Hunters  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
Mordheim Dwarf Treasure Hunters
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »
The lads I game with have decided that we must start a Mordheim campaign, so I've decided that I should introduce Albrecht von Stahlgrube and his dwarf treasure hunter warband

which includes the enigmatic (or at least very annoying) Ernst der dudelsackpfeifer

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Mordheim Dwarf Treasure Hunters
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:44:08 AM »
Nice, where did they come from?
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »
The three "Prussian" dwarves are from Rafm's Death in the Dark line, the Dwarf with no name is an old Citadel (I think - I've had him around for years now), the halfing scout is GW and the dwarf with the bagpipes is Confrontation.  After I finish the bases, I'll try to get some better (brighter!) photos.

W

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
Nice use of alternative miniatures there, I like it.  :)

Dwarfs are alwaysa good choice for Mordheim. I used to be in a group that played regularly, and my Dwarfs (Crotchbiter Olafson's Mighty Manhammers) won damn near every game. Because we played four way scenarios, I'd start as far away as possible so by the time their stumpy little legs got them near enough to do any damage, the other players had smacked each other to a pulp and I just had to pick off the stragglers. Add to that the treasure bonuses you get for playing Dwarfs and your laughing!

Best of luck with yours.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
Nice use of alternative miniatures there, I like it.  :)

Dwarfs are alwaysa good choice for Mordheim. I used to be in a group that played regularly, and my Dwarfs (Crotchbiter Olafson's Mighty Manhammers) won damn near every game. Because we played four way scenarios, I'd start as far away as possible so by the time their stumpy little legs got them near enough to do any damage, the other players had smacked each other to a pulp and I just had to pick off the stragglers. Add to that the treasure bonuses you get for playing Dwarfs and your laughing!

Best of luck with yours.

Cunning devil!  lol

I like your style  ;)

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »
Whatever works, right?  ;)

Also, Dwarfs get the Hard-headed rule, which is cumulative with the protection from a helmet. Even if you can hit the buggers, they just bounce back up again like a bearded, stabby jack-in-the-box.

The only game I ever properly lost with them was a "defend the find" scenario. They were holding their own for ages, but eventually the other players stopped squabbling amongst themselves and teamed up.

That was the game that lost Surly Pete the Trollslayer an eye. And won the crossbow armed dwarf henchman the nickname "Shitshot Des."  :-[

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice - I'll give it a try (and knowing the lads, they will be happy to bash each other until my slow, short legged team finally makes it to the centre of the board).  Since stunties are so slow, I made sure to take lots of fire power. If I can't chase them down, I'll keep shooting at them until they come to me!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 03:47:35 PM »
Feel free to tell me to bugger off, but I thought you might like to see my warband:

As far as I remember, it comprised Crotchbiter Olafson (leader), Gaffer (engineer), Surly Pete and The Ladypleaser (Trollslayers), Plonker, Pighat and Poker (henchdwarfs), Bodkin and Shitshot (nee Deadshot) Des (Thunderers) with Spookytooth the Wizard and Big Dave the Ogre as Hired Swords.

Took a few games to build them up to a decent warband rating, but once they were there it was only ever Mike's vampire that caused them any real trouble.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 05:35:11 PM »
Oh yeah? But only because you've never met my Elven warband...  :D
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 10:50:56 PM »
Feel free to tell me to bugger off, but I thought you might like to see my warband:

Go on then bugger off!

That's a lovely warband [if Dwarves can ever be called lovely]. Great set of names too! We know about "Shitshot" and the rest are intriguing but maybe we'd be best off not knowing their stories lol

I've always had a hankering to try Mordheim and I'm sure I have an old boxed set somewhere in the loft.

Hmm....  could be time to get my exploring kit on and venture up there.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »
Mordheim is brought me back to collecting and painting miniatures after some... let's call it time-out. It really is a very nice game. One of these things you just have to love GW for. ;)