Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:59:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Painting War - Forthcoming Publication on the SCW - (Now with added Flak)  (Read 31995 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I'm a reluctant painter to be honest, I'm all for the research and the playing, it's just the bit in the middle I struggle with. I didn't do much before I came here and my figures and paints are in the UK. I actually do get a fair bit of time, especially in the Summer, but with a temp between 35-40° in the day and 25-30° at night I'm not sure how that would effect things.

Add in that I'm uncertain where I'm going to be established permanently and the need to travel light if/when I do move, I've got a good set of excuses why not to paint. It's something I hope to change though and there are a few ranges I'm actually dying to have a go at... I've been contemplating getting a 'travelling paint set' together for when things cool down. Certainly getting hold of figures is not difficult, I'm blessed with two FLGS roughly equidistant from here (e-minis in La Línea and Málaga), who stock pretty much everything I might want.   

Thanks Jim. Completely understand and I know you will at some point get to exercise your artistic side. Bye the bye I found the Painting War books quite handy to use as a guide. I usually blend my colours more so than what they generally do within their books.

I'm certainly looking forward to this publication.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
You're welcome! I've seen some of the other editions and the standard of painting is unbelievable... You could not have an interest in SCW figures and gaming, and not buy it surely?

:)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
You're welcome! I've seen some of the other editions and the standard of painting is unbelievable... You could not have an interest in SCW figures and gaming, and not buy it surely?

:)

You bet!

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
I have a small (1.4L) Really Useful Box that holds 28 Vallejo Model Colours, a small pallet and brushes plus a few work in progress figures. It had traveled quite a bit with me, including a holiday in Spain where I did some painting on the hotel balcony - the only problem was that the paint on the palette did dry out quite quickly in the sun.
Scrivland, my blog of wargaming ramblings: http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
I knew you were hardcore Scrivs, but that does go above and beyond.  ;)

However I do wonder how many paints you actually need? 28 seems quite reasonable, but I recall that there's at least one person out there who makes do with just the four primary colours, plus black and white.

I've met one local-ish wargamer, so I'll have to tap him for tips for painting during a Costa del Sol Summer.  :) 

Offline Londoncopper

• Scientist
There is quite a thriving wargames club in Gibraltar, if you are down La Linea way, they meet at King's Bastion leisure centre.
I am moving to Gib in 18 months, maybe we will get a game in if you are still there, my 20mm SCW are coming with me!

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
King's Bastion - now there's a place, I was really impressed with what they've done there. If there was a club in Gib, it really could be based nowhere else.

Currently getting to La Línea is not a problem... but the future? However as thing's stand, you're on!  :)

Offline Heresy

• Librarian
    • www.heresybrush.com
Re: Painting War - Forthcoming Publication on the SCW - (Now with added Flak)
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
Hi,

I'm Rubén Torregrosa, the painter of this SCW book :). I'm so glad to see that you like those teasers :)

I would like to clarify a couple of points :D

The 20mm militiawomen are indeed from Minairons, while all the other minatures are basically from Empress (28mm). In the book you could find a painting guide showing how to paint small miniatures: in the WWII German was a 15mm miniature from Battlefront, while a 20mm miniature from Minairons is used this time.

About the releasing date of PW:SCW, I don't know :( . The painting work was done several months ago, and now only the layout is needed. I would like to think that it will be ready before Christmas! but let see :)

www.heresybrush.com

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2015, 07:57:03 PM »
Terrific work!  :-*
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2015, 06:39:07 AM »
I love your painting skills especially the flesh tones.

Offline Burnin Coal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »
 :o :-*....truly excellent work and promises to be a an outstanding book..this Christmas or next I will be buying a copy...just superb
Figures painted 2020 : 100

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2015, 02:07:30 AM »
Is there any way to pre order this book?

Cheers

Happy Wanderer

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
Lady and Gents, the Spanish edition of Painting War No.5 'SCW' is up for pre-order:

http://www.breakingwar.com/store/en/4-paintingwar

"Painting War # 05 with Heresy Brush, showing his painting techniques and tips for over 30 miniatures painted on both sides".

If memory serves me well, the English edition usually follows a month or so behind, so it's worth keeping an eye on the site from time to time.

¡Felicitaciones Rubén!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:16:36 PM by Arlequín »

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »
Great news. Really looking forward to the English edition.

Offline Heresy

• Librarian
    • www.heresybrush.com
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2015, 08:35:46 PM »

¡Felicitaciones Rubén!

Thanks Arlequín! :)

Yeah, I think that the English pre-order will be ready in one month! :)