Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:05:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brink of Battle and Epic Heroes Warbands  (Read 3697 times)

Offline seldon

• Scientist
Brink of Battle and Epic Heroes Warbands
« on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
I will try to use this thread to post some warbands for Epic Heroes and Brink of Battle over time as we do more and more gaming at our club.

Shadowlands Warband ( Legend of the 5 Rings )

Standard Force 775 SP

Type - name ( creature ) CBT / CMD / CON - traits - items - SP

Commander - Doji Kyojin ( centaur )  6 / 7 / 6 - commander, centaur, master strategist, two weapon fighter - two katanas, light armor, helmet - 153

Veteran - Daigotsu Rafu ( ogre ) 6/4/6 - brute, man-at-arms II, critical strike - naginata - 112

Trooper - Niiro ( hog mounted goblin) 4/3/3 - - swift riding beast,, light armor, javelin - 66

Trooper - Kikumura ( skeleton bushi) 5/3/4 - skeleton warrior - heavy armor, katana - 72

Trooper - Konishi ( skeleton bushi) 5/3/4 - skeleton warrior - heavy armor, katana - 72

Trooper - Seki ( hog mounted goblin) 4/3/3 - - swift riding beast, katana - 58

Trooper - Kuni ( ratman) 3/3/3 - ratskin, henchman - yari - 41

Trooper - Yori ( ratman) 3/3/3 - ratskin, henchman - yari - 41

Trooper - Riogu & Chizaro (goblins) 3/3/3 - extra arms - light armor, cleaver, club - 46

Trooper - Koki & Sada (goblins) 3/3/3 - extra arms - light armor, javelin, katana - 47

Trooper - Koshiro ( skeleton bushi archer) 5/3/4 - skeleton warrior - light armor, bow - 67

Some weapon equivalencies to Brink of Battle / Epic Heroes

Katana = Sword
Yari = Great Spear
Naginata = Barbed War Spear
Goblin hog = just like Epic Heroes Dire Wolf
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:36:59 PM by seldon »

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Re: Brink of Battle and Epic Heroes Warbands
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
Looks great! You can always post the fantasy stuff in the Fantasy Adventures forum and the historical stuff here in the Other Adventures. Just a thought.

Can't wait to see what else you've got brewing. I love the diversity of figures you have here.  :-* :-* :-*
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:52:32 PM »
Yes, but I want to post all warbands in one thread and not all will be fantasy :)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:42:31 AM »
Yes, but I want to post all warbands in one thread and not all will be fantasy :)

Roger that!  ;)

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 03:51:08 AM »
Now an elite Lion Clan warband to fight against the shadowlands forces

Type - name ( creature ) CBT / CMD / CON - traits - items - SP

Commander - Akodo Kin  5/7/5 - high born, commander, stoic, bravado - horse, heavy armor, blessed katana, impressive outfit - 140

Veteran - Akodo Kitaka  4/5/5 - high born, man-at-arms I, endurance - heavy armor, naginata - 98

Veteran - Ikoma Fujimaro 4/5/5 - high born, man-at-arm I, strongarm - heavy armor, testubo - 95

Veteran - Ikoma Kosaku 5/5/5 - high born, critical strike, press the attack - heavy armor, nodachi - 115

Veteran - Akodo Ikawa 4/5/5 - high born, marksman I - heavy armor, samurai yumi, katana - 105

Trooper - Akuto 4/3/4 - - medium armor, yari -54

Trooper - Satsune 4/3/4 - medium armor, yari -54

Trooper - Otsuko 3/3/3 - marksman I - light armor, yumi - 39

Veteran - Imura 4/4/4 - furious charge - medium armor, naginata - 74

Some weapon equivalencies to Brink of Battle / Epic Heroes

Katana = Sword
Nodachi = Bastard Sword
Yari = Great Spear
Naginata = Barbed War Spear
Samurai Yumi = Warbow
Yumi = Bow
Blessed Katana = Sanctified Sword
Tetsubo = Great Bludgeon

I'm having a lot of fun building these forces, all the extra traits in the Epic Heroes expansion really allow you to give a lot of personalities to the forces..  For this one I thought it would be fun to give the "high born" trait as the inborn trait for all the samurai from the noble families. This means that not only the Samurai will fight better against lower classed troops, to defend their honor, but also will ignore morale effect from ashigaru that fall next to them :)

Although I'm diving into Epic Heroes I haven't yet gone into the magic casters, I'm eager to do it but I want to master all the basics before adding that part since it adds a good deal of complexity.

These rules are pretty sophisticated, it is better to start with basic forces and start diving into more complex ideas as you advance.

For my players I tend to give them roster sheets not only with the stats but with summaries of their traits to prevent having to keep referncing the books... I must say the books are well organized for reference, the Brink of Battle index is pretty good, and the contents page from the Epic Heroes makes it easy to navigate... Of course if you have the pdf then you just use "find" :)

we'll see how the games go tomorrow..

Francisco

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »
They look great. Nice, clean bases as well.