Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:28:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ECW and TYW Miniatures size comparison  (Read 91966 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: ECW and TYW Miniatures size comparison
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 06:56:52 AM »
Westwaller, when you say here do you mean above?

Just so it's clearer for me- the TAG and Warlord stuff do seam to fit together(?)

Darrell.

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »
Darrell,

IMHO TAG TYW range and Warlord do fit together size wise, yes. There are a few differences style wise- TAG shot bandoliers, swords and coats are different which is Nick Colliers style and the Warlord muskets are longer but you could just say that the TAG chaps have Carbines. Actually the barrel of the Warlord plastic musket ends before the gunpowder pan, so in real life would not function!

The plastic warlord infantrymen vary slightly themselves in size with the shooting musketeers being a bit beefier than the marching/at porte ones. The TAG miniatures slightly vary in size, with some of the more recent packs miniatures being slightly beefier, but only by a small margin.

As my primary interest is the ECW, I don't own any of the Warlord TYW specific range but I imagine that the sizes are very similar.

If you want to make up your own mind, grab a sprue of the Warlord ECW Infantry off of ebay to compare to a pack of TAGs offerings and then if it doesn't suit, sell it/them on on here...

Empress figures are beautiful, but are a challenge to paint and I doubt if I will ever paint a whole regiment of them. They also have very thin separate bendy swords unfortunately.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 08:08:33 AM »
Darrell,

IMHO TAG TYW range and Warlord do fit together size wise, yes. There are a few differences style wise- TAG shot bandoliers, swords and coats are different which is Nick Colliers style and the Warlord muskets are longer but you could just say that the TAG chaps have Carbines. Actually the barrel of the Warlord plastic musket ends before the gunpowder pan, so in real life would not function!

The plastic warlord infantrymen vary slightly themselves in size with the shooting musketeers being a bit beefier than the marching/at porte ones. The TAG miniatures slightly vary in size, with some of the more recent packs miniatures being slightly beefier, but only by a small margin.

As my primary interest is the ECW, I don't own any of the Warlord TYW specific range but I imagine that the sizes are very similar.

If you want to make up your own mind, grab a sprue of the Warlord ECW Infantry off of ebay to compare to a pack of TAGs offerings and then if it doesn't suit, sell it/them on on here...

Empress figures are beautiful, but are a challenge to paint and I doubt if I will ever paint a whole regiment of them. They also have very thin separate bendy swords unfortunately.

Thanks mate- and thanks for the PM too- very much appreciated as I'm not receiving any e-mail notifications (haven't been for a while now!0 even though I keep resetting my preferences for notifications.....  o_o o_o o_o

Looks like I'll be sticking to TAG as it's the TYW that holds my interest, not that I'm averse to the odd ECW game- we used to play a lot st the Edinburgh club using The Perfect Captain rules which, incidentally, give a great flavour for the commanders.

Thanks again :)

Darrell.

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »
You're welcome Darrell :)

TAG Tyw miniatures really are things of beauty!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »
You're welcome Darrell :)

TAG Tyw miniatures really are things of beauty!

I'm waiting on some Early Italian Wars Spanish to pop through my door soon... they are lovely as i've seen the mini's up  close.

The TYW (so much more interesting than the ECW- or just different??) is on the cards though mate :)

Darrell.

Offline mrtn

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Here's another comparison shot; 2 Perry, 2 Horcata, 1 Warlord. The Horcata models are very close to Warlord in size, and are well cast in a very hard metal (I had a hard time to get their cavalry to fit on my chosen horses).

Offline Fencing Frog

• Scientist
    • Fencing Frog
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
Warlord, Redoubt Enterprises, Brother Vinni, Eureka

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 02:21:20 PM »
...and another thread topic screwed by Photobucket!! I don't even know if I have the pictures still, I MAY redo this thread at a future date.

Offline ducdelimbourg

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »
Has anyone comparison pictures of cavalry?

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 03:16:29 PM »
Has anyone comparison pictures of cavalry?

ducdelimbourg, I plan to do some good photos at a later date (having trouble downloading pics from phone to laptop, cable is iffy) but which manufacturers are you interested in comparing ? I have been buying a few different cavalry lately.
I like the bigger end of figures and I put Redoubt and Bicorne cavalry together, on a mix of horses . I assume Renegade cavalry will fit with them, but I don't have any.
At the smaller end I also have some Old Glory, Dixon , Foundry and old Essex cavalry and dragoons which all go OK together as far as I am concerned, but some have saddle integral to the figure while others have it on the horse; also the smaller horses differ a lot in looks and stature for me to be comfortable .
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline duc de limbourg

• Scientist
  • aldegarde.blogspot.com
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 07:54:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
Was thinking about TAG, Bohmian and figures which would fit to these ranges

Offline duc de limbourg

• Scientist
  • aldegarde.blogspot.com
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »
And does somebody has comparison figures of Steve Barber and 1st corps figures (infantry and cavalry)?

Offline 1898 Miniaturas

• Librarian
    • 1898 Miniaturas
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »
Hello! I'm Javier Gomez aka El Mercenario, from 1898 Miniaturas Spanish Company. Recently we released our own 1618-1648 Spanish Tercios range (you have pics and extra info in this thread http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=115543.135), and this is the size comparison regarding other popular ranges. Cheers!

Offline Madmick

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2019, 10:12:44 AM »
Comparisson between the new 1st Corps cavalry and Bicorne.
Unpainted are by 1st Corps, painted is by Bicorne.

Offline Madmick

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2019, 10:16:16 AM »
Comparisson of 1st Corps ECW. TYW and Bicorne ECW.
Left to right 1st Corps ECW,1st Corps TYW, Bicorne ECW and 1st Corps ECW.