Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:39:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons meets Shadows of Brimstone  (Read 82555 times)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
Re: Strange Aeons meets Shadows of Brimstone
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
Turn 5

Joseph holds his own against the Hellbats with neither side able to get a telling strike. It seems that the poison is not affecting him either (the spirits of his ancestors likely aiding).  Clive charges in to take on the Hellbat on Joseph's left (Pic 1). Clive manages to strike a swift blow that kills the Hellbat.  Clem in the meantime is staying back and shouts to Jupiter, "There's more, go kill'em Jupiter". So Jupiter sees the other Hellbat and charges at it (Pic 2). In almost the same way as his earlier kill, Jupiter leaps up and  chomps down hard and severes the Hellbat in two (Kill number two for Jupiter).

The Darkstone Hydra, slither's quickly around the rock into contact with both Joseph and Clive (Pic 3).  Clive falls unconcious (face down) to the ground (Pic 4) and one of the Hydra's heads bites Clive not penetrating the armored vest totally and thus not wounding him but poisoning him (2 poison hits). Joseph unsuccessfully attempts to fend off the two heads that are attacking him which wound him taking him out of the fight (Pic 5).
Padre Pedro see's these two vetrans downed and drops to the ground in terror (Pic 6).  Clem holds his ground making sure the dynamite is ready to throw.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:07:17 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »
Turn 6

One of the Hydra's heads strikes down at the unconcious Clive and seriously wounds him.  Clem lights the stick of dynamite.  His eyes clearly focus on where he wants it to land like never before  (dexterity blessed) and he tosses it right through the Hydra's swirlling heads on target. The stick explodes (Pic 1) causing major wounding (Pic 2) to the Hydra which stuns it, but it is not out of the fight.  Clem charges in while yelling for Jupiter to aid him. Clem is unable to strike a telling blow on the Hydra. Jupiter then charges in (Pic 3) and bites right where it thinks the Hydra is most vulnerable.  Jupiter's head disappears into the Hydra's body and shortly comes out with something that looks like the things heart ( See Pic 4 for the roll and Jupiter successfully rolled a criticalafter that).  The Hydra dropped to the ground as the life left its eyes (Pic 5).  Clem could only stare in disbelief and continually repeat "Good boy" to Jupiter. 

That ended the scenario in a Threshold Victory.  We still have to resolve the post game activities and I will report those with the epiloge fluff text for the AAR when we have fully resolved them   

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2016, 12:05:12 PM »
Go Jupiter!!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2016, 10:56:51 PM »
Medical Problems (Heart-attack/Stroke and then 4-bypass Open-heart surgury) have hit me in the last month.  I will be a number of months recuperating and won't be much able to make up the AARs.  Although I will be playing this game when I can).  I plan to continue the adventures when I am able.

Lembit  :)

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2016, 08:05:14 AM »
Medical Problems (Heart-attack/Stroke and then 4-bypass Open-heart surgury) have hit me in the last month.  I will be a number of months recuperating and won't be much able to make up the AARs.  Although I will be playing this game when I can).  I plan to continue the adventures when I am able.

Get well soon and then keep playing.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2016, 08:15:52 AM »

:o :o
Blimey!
You certainly dont do anything by halves, do you?.

Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Lembit.
We shall miss your presence and enthusiasm but health matters must come first.
 :)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
That hydra looked a beast but Jupiter tore him up.  I wondered why people might bother having a dog instead of a cat :) .  Sorry to hear you have been having a rough go;  Get well soon.

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2016, 04:17:49 AM »
Get well soon Lembit.

Offline cutp

• Scientist
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2016, 05:23:40 AM »
I wish u good health and long life :) ...and then fantastic stories and blessed dice ;)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »
It has been quite some time since I last posted due to my major health issues.  I am still recovering, but found some energy and time to get back into the continuing adventures of our Threshold Team. Also pulled out the paints and my Shoggoth minie to paint

POST BATTLE

Padre Pedro had to bandage up Clive's head to stop the bleeding from the Head Trauma wound injury {His Resolve is now +1}. Joseph suffered no permanent injury. No corruption affected the members of the team.  From the success of the mission Father Padre became eligible for a new skill and "Read Languages" was selected to aid in his occult studies to fight evil. That now makes the party cost 41pts in total

Next Scenario Title: Evil From the Stars
Scenario being played: The Bad Place
Lurker Force
(41 Points)

1 x Shoggoth 25 pts
2 x MiGo (5 pts/ea) = 10 pts + 6 EPs = 16 pts
Alien Eqiupment: 2 x Lightning Guns (3 EP each)

The party decided to rest for the night before carrying on to the ruins of the fort.  As Clive slept, a familiar evil silhouette and voice penntrated his dream.  It was laughing at him and the voice hoarsly stated "Now my real allies on the morrow will greet you all to the gates of oblivion".  This woke Clive up, but he did not want to worry the others at this immediate time. so stayed awake for the rest of the night listening and attempting to sense if any foes should approach.

The party woke late and continued on to the fort.  As they entered into the built up area around the fort, a stillness and silence permiated the air around them.  Jupiter's hair seemed to stand on end and he kept sniffing the air. The group dismonunted and tied up the horses.  They proceed ahead on foot and as they rounded a corner of a building a scene of terrible horror confronted them.....
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:52:56 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2017, 09:09:59 PM »
It is good to hear that you are on the mend, Lembit.
 :)

Offline Dan55

• Librarian
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2017, 02:58:30 AM »
Yay Lembit, we've been waiting to hear from you.

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2017, 01:15:16 AM »
We got together today to play the scenario.  I will be doing the write-up over the weekend, but here are a couple of pics from the game.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
Good to see you back in action!  Battle report inbound with special effects and Mi-Go?  Poor Clive :) !

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2017, 05:56:19 AM »
TURN 1

Ahead, on the road, Clive and Joseph can see a strange portal structure with a view of flames in and around it (See Pic 1). Within those flames hundreds of burning bodies appear to scream silently in pain but there is no voices heard.  The party's resolve remains firm even with the sight of this.  Further down the road from the portal there appeas to be something as well.  They can not tell what it was, but two very large wasp-like creatures are flying up in the air, one to each side of a large black ouzing thing.  Padre Pedro can feel the evil emanating forth from both areas down the road and feels a chill of dread run down his spine. (See Pic 2)  

Clive yells for the team to spread out (See Pics 3 and 4)

Migo 1 flies forward and shoots at Clive with his Lightening gun near its maximum distance and misses him (See Pic 5).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:59:21 AM by Litebrite »