Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689725
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Kickstarter) Burrows & Badgers by Oathsworn  (Read 28110 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
Re: (Kickstarter) Burrows & Badgers by Oathsworn
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
My personal fav is the Marmot, and, being the mercenary he is, he can fight for both sides, right ;)
Technically, he's a good guy... but we've been playing a rule where bad guys can take 1 'good' model in their list, (either they've turned bad, gone insane, or have a grudge etc). Still torn on whether or not to make them pay extra points though...

Needs an owl next...
I'm going to have a try at a bird or two over the next couple of weeks. The biggest issue for me is working out a convincing way to sculpt the wings / hands thing. I'm not a fan of the old 'feathers=fingers' style.

Offline Zoggin-eck

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 12:30:45 PM »
I'm not a fan of the old 'feathers=fingers' style.

Neither am I. Would it be enough to have just a helmet/armour and fighting with talons, or even holding a weapon with its feet?

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
Neither am I. Would it be enough to have just a helmet/armour and fighting with talons, or even holding a weapon with its feet?

It might be hard to pose them well like that though... it could be possible to have them hold things in their hands; technically they do still have the hand and finger bones, although they are mostly fused together, and the alula is basically a thumb. So they could hold weapons, but not with a proper grip.

I found this pic which shows the sort of idea, but the feathers beyond the hand would need to be longer.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
Apologies for a delay in posting: the Kickstarter models landed the other week, but I've been kept busy by archaeology fieldwork (long story).
I went in for 5 of the models (and the freebies!  :D), and these are just brilliant. Beautifully proportioned and modeled, very nicely detailed, full of character..... I'm almost afraid to paint them. Some are a bit larger than I expected, and are most impressive.
The hare, my original favourite, looks tough and masteful; the marmot is a thickset, angry chap with an impressive morningstar; the Ferret rogue is a beauty; the fox rogue is elegantly posed and has an incredible tail; and the wildcat - a large one - is gorgeous. And the mousegrave makes for an unusual piece of scenery - wonderful stuff.
Very pleased with them, and with the usual smooth running of the Kickstarter.  8) 8) 8)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
I ummed and Ahhed over this KS. Eventually I decided I didnt need the figures and didn't back it. I regret this now! Oathsworn make some lovely stuff.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 10:48:12 PM »
Got mine last week.   The 10-model "Goodbeasts" pledge and 2 freebies. They look to be excellent sculpts. My only disappointment is that many of the figs are smaller than I was expecting, but that's more my fault for not paying attention to the heights as listed on the KS page.  If they'd arrived a bit earlier they'd be my warband for our summer SoBH campaign, but rest assured they'll hit the table eventually.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »
Just out of curiosity, will there be 'rank and file' figures?

Well done on the funding  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
Apologies for a delay in posting: the Kickstarter models landed the other week, but I've been kept busy by archaeology fieldwork (long story).
Cool reason to be delayed though! What were you working on?

I went in for 5 of the models (and the freebies!  :D), and these are just brilliant.....
Very pleased with them, and with the usual smooth running of the Kickstarter.  8) 8) 8)
Thanks very much! I think it went pretty well too - we allowed extra time to cover for problems, but there weren't any, thankfully!

Oathsworn make some lovely stuff.
...and thank you too!

Got mine last week.   The 10-model "Goodbeasts" pledge and 2 freebies. They look to be excellent sculpts. My only disappointment is that many of the figs are smaller than I was expecting, but that's more my fault for not paying attention to the heights as listed on the KS page.
Cheers! The Goodbeasts tend to be a bit smaller overall than the Vermin(with the obvious exception of the badger!); it's just that mice and moles are smaller than foxes and wildcats, really, and we were trying to maintain a balance in the sizes.

Just out of curiosity, will there be 'rank and file' figures?
I'm not sure - the rules are for a individual-figure skirmish game, rather than units (and will finally be finished this week...) so it's a bit difficult to add 'unit' style figures. But once I've got a few more characters done, I might get around to it.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »
Cool reason to be delayed though! What were you working on?

Kordin III temple, a neolithic temple here in Malta, we're digging trenches around it to verify the extent and see whether we can find any material from the temple builders' period, in this particular case 3700BC. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kordin_Temples

http://www.maltain360.com/default.aspx#110001573

The freebie mole peeping from his burrow (who I forgot to mention) would've come in handy for the dig...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »
I don't know if this has already been asked, but.....when are these going on general sale??
 :)

Offline Pentaro

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »
My stuff arrived last week. I just wanted the scenery so I pledged for a single miniature. I regret this since the miniature I got is really nice. All the scenery is extremely nice too, I can't wait to paint that pile of weapons! BTW I brushed some of the pieces with dishwashing soap and they're still a pain to coat.

I didn't notice this little guy when I first looked through the box's contents. I don't remember if he's part of the scenery or a Kickstarter freebie, but I found him so funny I decided to give him his own base:

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:20 PM »
Lovely figures, glad I backed the KS

But not allowed to paint them before Christmas

(To be fair there are other things in the queue anyway)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Lovejoy

• Mad Scientist
    • Oathsworn Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 06:35:37 AM »
Kordin III temple, a neolithic temple here in Malta, we're digging trenches around it to verify the extent and see whether we can find any material from the temple builders' period, in this particular case 3700BC. 
That is exceptionally cool, and I am hugely jealous... good luck with it!

I don't know if this has already been asked, but.....when are these going on general sale??
I'm not entirely certain yet - I need to re-organise the webshop first. It's on the job list, but there's about 7 jobs in front...

I didn't notice this little guy when I first looked through the box's contents. I don't remember if he's part of the scenery or a Kickstarter freebie, but I found him so funny I decided to give him his own base:

First one I've seen painted! He looks great too. And yes, he was a freebie - it was a last minute thing; I sculpted him on the final morning of the KS just for fun. Now I want to do a lot more of them!

Lovely figures, glad I backed the KS
But not allowed to paint them before Christmas
Thanks for backing! I'll expect to see painted pics by January the first then...  ;)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 06:38:14 AM »
You painted him already! Nice job too  8) 8) 8)

That is exceptionally cool, and I am hugely jealous... good luck with it!
Thanks - lucky stroke. Ends this week, but 4 weeks are not bad at all.

Offline Oathsworn Jo

• Assistant
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 08:31:32 AM »
Our first 'Mole-in-a-hole' painted! He's so cool! Can't wait to see all your other bits of terrain painted up too  :D