Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:52:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689769
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warhammer: Daughters of Khaine - Introduction  (Read 978 times)

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
Warhammer: Daughters of Khaine - Introduction
« on: February 27, 2024, 06:28:28 PM »
Hey there,

Some of you may know me from my previous threads, having done a 120 model Stark project and an ongoing Targaryen one for MESBG. This time however I want to focus on something a little bit different: Warhammer Fantasy - The Old World.

Back in the days, WHFB used to be the only game I played for a longer period besides MESBG. I enjoyed the way it let you bring larger armies, quite liked some of the lore and loved the Dark Elves as a faction. Once WHFB became Age of Sigmar, however, that love died out.

I felt like they forcefully destroyed lots of good lore with the End Times, then tried to make some Space Marines look vaguely Medieval for their new factions, and so stopped playing. Now that The Old World has returned though, I’m digging up some of my old Witch Elves as a side project.

I already have a general idea in mind. Given that they’ve already got somewhat of a ‘burlesque’ vibe to them, I thought it might be fun to push that a little further and take it over the top. That’s why I’ve decided to go with black and red as main colors, adding gloss for a latex look.

Furthermore, I’ll be trying to convert all units in my army out of witch elves or similar models, who will all get red hair. I’ve already started working on a few test models. I’m still undecided on a few details however, so would like to ask for your opinion:

First of all, as you might be able to see I haven’t painted the hilts on their blades as well as the skulls on their ‘bikini shorts’ yet. Which colors do you think would look best for those? Secondly, I’m still not sure how I want to base them. Do you have any creative ideas that would match with the style I’m going with?

Lastly, I’m still looking for some miniatures that look remotely similar to the Witch Elves that carry weapons with two hands. The reason being I want to convert some Executioners, but am not 100% sure I’m skilled enough to turn the original Witch Elf models into ones that are two-handing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 06:32:52 PM by Rosie »

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
Re: Warhammer: Daughters of Khaine - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 06:42:25 PM »

First of all, as you might be able to see I haven’t painted the hilts on their blades as well as the skulls on their ‘bikini shorts’ yet. Which colors do you think would look best for those? Secondly, I’m still not sure how I want to base them. Do you have any creative ideas that would match with the style I’m going with?

Lastly, I’m still looking for some miniatures that look remotely similar to the Witch Elves that carry weapons with two hands. The reason being I want to convert some Executioners, but am not 100% sure I’m skilled enough to turn the original Witch Elf models into ones that are two-handing.

I'm lazy and would just go with a bone look or a basic metallic, sort of coppery maybe.

No idea on bases, mine just end up matching my terrain, again laziness  ;D, as for witch elves with two handed stuff is their anything in the dark eldar ranges that would work, they used to have wyches with two handed weapons, can't think of anything else at the moment.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 07:56:44 PM »
Coppery or golden metallic for the skulls.

Raging Heroes have a lot of not-Witch-Elf stuff with very much the, er, vibe you're looking for.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 11:17:32 PM »
Coppery or golden metallic for the skulls.

Agreed, a gold or brass look would be pretty neat for the skulls and hilts!

Offline Rosie

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 10:55:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. From everything I gathered on here I’ll probably either go with gold or ‘back latex’ like on the boots for the sword hilts and gold or just bone for the skulls. As for the bases, I’ve got two general ideas now. The first one would be adding lava, going for a more volcanic look to match the hair. The second one is a bit of a dark temple/dungeon look to match the almost BDSM like aesthetic of my Witch Elves with small streams of blood running here and there. Which one do you think would look better?

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 01:32:14 PM »
Very nice colours.

Ral Partha Europe is your best bet. Chris FitzPatrick (Crocodile Games) who did one edition of Dark Elves (and some dark eldar) aslo did Crucible elves.

https://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/crucible-c-69/miniatures-c-69_72/

There's three female archers in the mix:
https://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/ral-partha-fantasy-c-37/fantasy-armies-c-37_39/elves-c-37_39_47/

Some of Chris's Crocodile Games figs might fit in too:
https://www.crocodilegames.com/store/itemList.cfm?catID=19&sort=prodID

Also RAFM in Canada I remember did some interesting dark elves.
They were called Vanir but I only found these on their new site. I remember there were others.

https://rafm.com/search?q=vanir&options%5Bprefix%5D=last
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:36:06 PM by area23 »
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++