Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:15:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help with figure comparisons - Boot Hill, Foundry, Perrys, Artizan  (Read 4236 times)

Offline dr beard

• Student
    • Major Ballusp Hobby Shed
Hi y'all,

After a couple of years absence/abstinence I'm just getting back into Old West gaming. Looking at my collection I'm veering away from the Artizan later West types that I started with, and getting more into the Civil War and earlier figures.

I have all the Perrys civilians from their ACW range and a few Mike Owen sculpted Foundry Old West figures which fit ok in general and was wondering how the Boot Hill and Artizan Alamo range would fit with these?

I have a lot of the Artizan Old West and Victorian and they vary a lot from really skinny Apaches to massive figures like the Bill Sykes and wonder whether they'll dwarf the Perrys with their lovely proportions.

Thanks for the help

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Help with figure comparisons - Boot Hill, Foundry, Perrys, Artizan
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »
HI,

Here is a shot showing my Boot Hill Texians alongside Artizan Alamo figures and several of the Mike Owen later Foundry figures. I think they blend very well.

Boot Hill Texian alongside a Foundry Mike Owen Texas Ranger.

The original Wargames Foundry Old West figures by Copplestone were almost true 25mm scale, so will be smaller. I think the Perry ACW figures will blend fine height wise, as I use the Perry Carlist war civilains, they are very similar.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:32:01 AM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline dr beard

• Student
    • Major Ballusp Hobby Shed
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:29:32 AM »
Hi Malamute,

Thanks for taking the time to post these.  Splendid work, just the sort of thing I'm working towards so I'll save those photos if that's ok as inspiration.  All the ranges that I queried all blend very nicely.

Cheers
Andy

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:02:44 PM »
If you go for the ACW mixed with Old West (for example Kansas and Missouri guerrillas fighting regulars) try also Redoubt Enterprises (ACW) and some Renegade (also ACW).