Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Painted EuroFed "Vendetta" class armed troopship & landers  (Read 868 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Painted EuroFed "Vendetta" class armed troopship & landers
« on: January 05, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »
New post on the blog showcasing a Brigade Models "Revanche" strike carrier repurposed as an armed troopship with a brrod of landing shuttles.

http://brokenstarsburningships.blogspot.com/2019/01/european-federation-vendetta-class.html

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Painted EuroFed "Vendetta" class armed troopship & landers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 06:38:02 PM »
Hadn't seen these before; evokes Traveller's Free Trader.

And that's a GOOD thing. ;->=

Doug

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Painted EuroFed "Vendetta" class armed troopship & landers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:48:16 PM »
Funny you should say that.  The inspiration for the project originally came from noting how much the shuttles looked like a modified Type S scout (also the Narcissus from Alien, but that's another story...) and that reminded me of an old Traveller campaign.  Way back in the day, when the Black Books version was all there was, I played in a campaign where the GM had us all in the scout service and assigned to what he called a "Frontier Expedition Task Force" or somesuch.  We were the crew of a modified 100 ton scout optimized for exploration, and the expedition was built around a huge mother ship that acted as a scout tender, mobile fuel refinery, planetorgaphy/astrography lab, etc.  Part of the job was to find jump routes that would let the Imperium expand around or through enemy territory and part of it was establishing fuel depots in deep space to support future exploration and military actions.  It was  a neat idea and stuck with me for years, even if it got derailed (maybe - never could decide if the following was meant to happen from word one) when we had a misjump and wound up by ourselves in alien space beyond the K'Kree border.  Wound up helping defuse a genocidal jihad by a coalition of ergovore species (mostly intelligent plants) that took extreme exception to the K'Kree's stance on vegetarianism and intended to eventually turn all species into photosynthesis-capable life forms.