Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691056
  • Total Topics: 118367
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Judgement Day Project: #34 Citi-Def Pvt. Raimi  (Read 49559 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Judgement Day Project: #34 Citi-Def Pvt. Raimi
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »

Mr Saturday and I have been Dredd fans for thirty years, but we dont have enough of our Dredd related miniatures painted.  

To rectify this we have decided to commit to painting a single Judge Dredd related miniature every fortnight for the next six months (at least).  Hopefully this modest commitment will allow us to slowly build up a range of Dredd figures without disrupting our various other miniature projects that come and go.  The posts will be made on Mondays, henceforth known as Judgement Day.

The “rules” for this are listed in this blog post, but basically, one of us should be posting a painted Dredd figure in this thread every Monday.  Today, being the very first Judgement Day will be an exception, in that both of us will have new models to show.

My submission for Judgement Day #1 is Walter the Wobot.

The model is from Mongoose Publishing.  Thats a 20mm base, so the model is quite small.

I enjoyed quickly painting the little guy.  Goofy and all as he is, Walter is an iconic part of the Dredd setting.  Im looking forward to leading an occasional Robot Rebellion with him.

My first Judgement Day blog post about Walter is here.

Mr Saturday should be along in not too long to add his first Judgement Day post to this thread.  After that he will be posting a new model on even numbered Judgement Days and I will be posting on odd numbered Judgement Days.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:48:10 AM by cheetor »

Offline Asslessman

• Scientist
    • LEADPLAGUE
Re: Judgement Day Project
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »
A paintjob fitting for one of the best robot characters of all time (pretty much all of the good robots being from 2000AD btw). I love it.

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
    • Mr Saturday's Mumblings
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »
First up from me, it's Judge Mortis.

I've been reading 2000AD since I was eight years old, and collecting miniatures since I was twelve. Odd then, that this is the first 2000AD miniature I've ever painted. It's nothing less than a crime. I've always been a huge fan of the dark judges, and Judge Mortis, while not as much of a rockstar as Judge Death, is a favourite of mine. It's the insta-rot thing he does I reckon. He sure has a way with thossseee sssinerssss.

his particular incarnation of Mortis is the original Citadel Miniatures version. He's quite small, but has lots of lovely detail. Hell, he even has a dimension jump on his belt, a vital piece of kit for your dark judge about town I feel. I have his brotherssss from the same release in stasis, no doubt they'll make an appearance of a future Judgement Day post down the line. His base is a resin Microart Studios base with some extra debris added.

Next week I bring you another old enemy of Mega City One.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »
Super-excited about this! :) I've got a heap of Mongoose Dredd stuff that I need an excuse to paint! Maybe I'll join in from time to time!

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:39:05 AM »
Two geniuses working in concert! Brilliant.

Prepare to be judged!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
I've got a heap of Mongoose Dredd stuff that I need an excuse to paint!

Snap.  That is a primary motivator for me too.  We are hoping that this format will allow us to get through some of our backlog in more manageable chunks.

Thanks for the encouragement folks.  Mr Saturday is up with another submission next Monday, Im looking forward to it :)

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Mr Saturday is up with another submission next Monday, Im looking forward to it

Me too. Currently in progress, I'm enjoying this one immensely.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
Great brushwork both of you
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this progress.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:03 AM »
Mondays have suddenly become more enjoyable  8) 8) 8)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 07:22:01 AM »
So Cheetor has shown us Mongoose sculpts, and Mr. Saturday has shown a Citadel sculpt. I know Cheetor has a good sized collection of Mongoose Judge Dredd. Does this mean Mr. Saturday will be showing lots of old Citadel Dredd stuff in the future? 

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:53 AM »
Mondays have suddenly become more enjoyable  8) 8) 8)

:)

While there is a teeny-weeny element of friendly competition in this plan, its very much intended to be a bit of fun and an opportunity to geek out about a subject that we are passionate about.  Hopefully you Dreddheads will get an occasional kick out of some of it too.

So Cheetor has shown us Mongoose sculpts, and Mr. Saturday has shown a Citadel sculpt. I know Cheetor has a good sized collection of Mongoose Judge Dredd.

I have about 90% of the Mongoose and 90% of the Foundry Dredd ranges.  They are compatible scale wise as far as I am concerned, even though the sculpting styles vary a little.

I also have a fairly small number of Citadel figures based on subjects that I regard as less scale sensitive and therefore compatible with the Mongoose and Foundry figures: mutants, robots, Kleggs, uplifted apes, fatties etc.

Mr Saturday and I do get together to play games a handful of times a year and therefore vague scale compatibility is something to keep in mind.  That said Im really not stressed about which miniatures are being painted for this project.  Its much more about placing an encouraging structure on output for a subject we both have a lot of love for.  The models origins are of secondary interest to me :)

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »
Does this mean Mr. Saturday will be showing lots of old Citadel Dredd stuff in the future?

There will certainly be some Citadel Dredd in there. In general though, I'll be using Mongoose and Foundry. Next Monday's post features a Mongoose mini, for example. That said, there are several iconic Citadel sculpts I want to make sure get into the project.

Offline verd

• Scientist
    • El Senyor Verd
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 02:18:23 PM »
The idea of a friendly competition is brilliant... and the miniatures look awesome!

Online Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »
This is an awesome idea! Lovely stuff!