Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Theatralic dives into Dungeon crawlers..maybe  (Read 5926 times)

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
Re: Theatralic dives into Dungeon crawlers..maybe
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
Meinen besten Dank Cherno, appreciate the Heads up  :)!

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 08:58:06 PM »
Feeling insanely motivated ...and procrastinating hard from other Stuff I should actually do I set out to collect Minis that could fit.

Those will become my Adventurers, I will add a Mordheim Halfling Ranger and Female Dwarf Knight to round out the Crew. This gives me the means to experiment with each class and Race..and should look nice.
Kowig me it will probably take ages to paint anything...

When it comes to Antagonists I found my collection lacking. Being primarily a Warhammer Fantasy Gamer I have several Army Projects that never got far, in recent years I have dropped them all in favor of my Dwarf Army.

While those would give me a BUttload of Models to toss around, non of them are really speak to me, the fact that my older Paint Jobs are rather shoddy doesn`t help. Eventually I will start to hunt other Stuff. Crooked Claw and Alternative Armies have some lovely Kev Adam Goblin Sculpts I would love to get my Hands on. Reaper has some lovely Stuff as well and...the List is long

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »
I can identify with the procrastination; lately the enthusiasm is there, but the motivation is elsewhere. That aside the new Shinies & the old painted pieces all look SPLENDID or potentially so. When the Spirit moves you, have FUN with them all!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »
Thanks Al, as allways your encourangement is more than welcome  :). I can`t imagine you procrastinating tho seing the amount of Stuff you put out  :D

I have found a 2nd Youtube channel , the DMGinfo, with some lovely Ideas I really appreciate:

Some really good ideas in there that can be further tweeked, building a Cauldron out of a Ping Pong Ball is inspired. Really worth a look!. The painting does make me cringe sometimes, but then we are Miniature Painters, thats a different Focus I think and I tend to overagonize about every Brushstroke.

I am still perusing my Collection for anything that could fit, had all forgotten about my Confro Stuff and that Troll would be awesome. Next to it is one of the Albion giants, I had the whole set but sadly sold the other one and the Druid back in the Day. I regret it big Time. Also lost the Menhir :/.
This gives me some Heavy Gitters to slaught ..äh.. provide a sufficient challenge for the Adventurers  >:D

I also bit the Bullet and bought, printed and bound the Trapdoor Rules.
I thinky they are really, realyl cool but my final verdict will come when I have some Games under my Belt. Still I would urge anyone interested in such Games to support that endeavor. 8 Dollar isn`t so much considering the amount of work that went in.

Gareths Blog:
http://drumsdeep.blogspot.de/

And the the actual rules for download:
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/139366/Trapdoor

Cheers, can`t wait till I can finally show of some painted Minis but past Days the Weather has been awful for priming :/.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 10:44:57 PM »
That One Eyed Confrontation Troll is UBERCOOL. I got to do one for my erstwhile friend, Frank; not the easiest of pieces to du, but enjoyable nonetheless. Have FUN with the Beasty!