Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Suspicious activity in my Paypal :(  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Suspicious activity in my Paypal :(
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
I've started to use a French bits seller on Ebay recently that does things a bit differently, aka no combined shipping but a full refund of the shipping costs if buying over a certain amount. All good there.

However.....

This has been my second purchase from him, I pay, he pays back quite a large sum, and then Paypal locks it for review. First one took them 4 days to review, 2nd one is still under review 2 weeks in and now my account has just been frozen by Paypal for suspicious activity. No link in that email and when I log in I get a warning that it is locked/under review (security checks out, no phishy links, all green).

I've checked the payments and withdrawals and see nothing suspicious, they all check out.

Problem is now I want to change the security questions asap, but I can't as my wife has the creditcard so I have to grind my teeth and wait, but I assume that will be fixed later today. Password I manage to change anyway.

But then what? How long till they decide everything is ok? Days, weeks? This account is vital for my hobby and has quite a bit of money in it. Dammit.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Re: Suspicious activity in my Paypal :(
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »
It's best to call paypal and have a polite argument with them in order to find out what is going on exactly and how long it's going to take.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 08:34:43 AM »
With my wife awake and the CC retrieved, I've managed to do 2 steps, now the third (confirmation by automated phonecall) is getting an error message that my phonenumber is invalid. They never had any trouble reaching it before, and it has not been changed, so I don't see why they are making a problem out of it.  >:(

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:51:15 AM »
Thx Bergil for the tip, just had a pleasant phone call with customer service and all restrictions have been lifted. The payment is still under review but should be ok in a week or so.

<breathes a sigh of relief>

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Good that you can buy new needles and don't need to be scrapping the old ones on the concrete floor to sharpen them :D
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen