Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:26:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My army  (Read 40247 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: My army
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
Here are some pictures of the driver and rider in WIP stage:

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »
I'll have to check with my friend for further details. - please do!

I think that the driver and rider are made with cadian parts and Sentinel driver legs. - will check it out!

My Warthog would look mush better with driver, passenger, & gunner!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2009, 12:40:09 AM »
Here's the reply from my friend about the legs:

Sentinel pilot legs with feet removed for fit (and, though you can't see it) putty jacket skirts and cargo pockets. Figure in back is a kneeling figure with the right leg replaced by a straight, standing (?) leg...

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
hello all! thankyou for the interest and kind comments. I'm happy to answer any questions about the work. My apologies for 'butting-in' on P's thread.....
I hope he'll forgive me for posting this slideshow of his latest Neo-Soviets...
http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p97/dwartist/Neo-Soviet%20portraits/?albumview=slideshow

I'm looking forward to browsing the forum and talking to you guys. Cheers, David

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »
Great stuff, dwartist!! Welcome to the forum!!!!

Were the Warthog crew from spare spruces that can be bought somewhere... and the seated legs too?

I think they're awesome and am just dying to add a crew to my Warthog.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! The Warthog crew were made from bits and pieces of GW and FW Cadian sets I had not used. I bought a couple of Sentinels cheap on Ebay just for the pilots legs (a friend was going to cast quite a few sets of the converted legs - jacket skirts and cargo pockets from putty - but i never got around to converting any more after this crew).

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Are they from the new sentinel kit or the old one? I haven't gotten me a new one yet. But I know enough that it lacks my favorite head options.
Everything is better with lizardmen.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
 new or old - legs are the same. Yeah, shame about the heads but the posing options are good - I'm making one with the Sentinel's legs in 'rest' position.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 06:42:52 PM »
Sorry to continue my derail, but what does the new kit have so far as stowage go? I still have some of my Cadian and Catachan sentinel stowage bits, and it would be nice if the new kit has some more.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »
It's been a while since I opened the kit but I don't recall much more than in the older kits - i'll have a look.

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
Something new for Rodrigo's Neo Soviets...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
A sci-fi Churchill Tank! :)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »
Ok...time to post again, but this time: no pictures, just some insane rambling, lol.

My setting (aka - Warhammer 4K):

I love some of the Warhammer fluff and background, but I can live without most of it. So, taking that into account, I've decided to "write" my own personal Warhammer Universe.

Let's see - It's the year 4001 and the know universe is in turmoil. A civil war has decimated the Terran Empire and the Emperor is dying, entombed in his Golden Throne. The High-Lords of Terra (aka Earth) rule in his name, with the support of the Imperial Guard (raised from the habitants of the colonies, or at least the loyal colonies), Imperial Navy, the Space Marines (that in this case are more akin to the Master-Chief from Halo than normal WH40k one. All of them are from the Solar Colonies and Earth) and the Ecclesiastic (who is "fighting" to turn the Emperor into a God, who can be worshiped by the masses). There’s also a force called the Mechanicum, a "scientific cult" who worships the Ancients who once ruled Mars. They are neutral, selling weapons from their Forgeworlds to both sides of the war. Of course they are doing this to further the goals of the Ancients... lol

Opposing the Terran Empire we find the Fringe Colonies, who are trying to gain independence from Earth. The have their own Revolutionary Guard (aka Traitor Guard), a Navy and their own version of the Space Marines (more low-tech than the Empire ones). Their numeric inferiority is compensated by their alien allies - the Tau - who lend them troops and logistic support. Sometimes the Eldar also help, but they are a dying race and they can’t afford to loose more members of their race.

But there are other races in the mix ;) From the fringes of the galaxy come the Xenomorphs (aka Tyranids/Aliens) and their all-consuming Hive Fleets, laying waste to anything they can find. The Terran Empire tried stopping them using a Mechanicum-created biological weapon. Unfortunately that weapon evolved into the space-fungus infestation know as the Orks…

There’s also the reptilian KarackZar; the Skrulls and lots of similar small alien races who see in the Terran civil war a way to expand their domains.

Unknown to most of them, an even older race is stirring in its tombs and vaults. The C’ton (worshiped as the Ancients by the Cult of the Mechanicum; other races legends and stories call them Cy’lons) are coming back and planning on, once again, cleaning the galaxy of all organic life forms. Some worlds have already seen their “touch” – the most well-known case was the Cameron colony, practically wiped out when its central computer (aka Skynet) was subverted and decided to terminate all humans. The planet is now a Deathworld, ruled by Skynet.

More to come soon ;)

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »
Lol, love the fluff.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
And now an update with pics! I'm working on several projects including this one - turn a small plastic storage bin into a dropship for 28mm. Here's how it looks right now:

The "engines" are plastic supports for walls.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:29:36 AM by Predatorpt »