Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 09:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685072
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Erebus Studios - Veil Fall Kickstarter coming this month! Kyimtaro sculpt reveal  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Erebus Studios

• Student
Hello everyone!, you might remember us from our old name ( Underfire Wargaming), we are still the same old company with a new name, same miniatures and all!.

We want too announce our coming Kickstarter for our first IP and game Veil Fall.

Veil Fall  Will be a Skirmish game with a setting of Dark, Future , Horror combined into one along with strong influences from masters of Horror such as HP Lovecraft and with setting , story and background inspired by the works of the creators of the Dark Souls series and the more recent Bloodborne. This means points within our backgrounds plot and story line will be left empty with hints on what could have or will happen. Leaving our players to talk amongst their selves to reach your own conclusions.

We will have our combat rules development open too our community until it is ready to be published so all can give us their feed back and help shape and develop our current rough alpha rules into a game system they want to play and are proud of their involvement in. When our combat game is finished we will expand new rules that will add onto the game building it into a full fledged RPG, allowing players to play with their own groups custom level of depth they want in their games. It will also allow RPGers to bring their characters into larger games and like wise help give more unique depth to skirmish gamers.

Our miniatures as we have always been about will be imaginative and original, We have some of the best sculptors in the industry lined up to do them, both in 3D sculpting and in traditional hand sculpting styles. They will be casted in Pewter for our smaller miniatures and our great larger ones in high quality Resin casted right in the United States. This will allow us to produce the best stunning high detail miniatures possible with a swift turn out time for our backers.

We also have an astounding artist working with us to produce high Quality finals of our miniature concepts that will be placed right into our rule book, http://edwarddelandreart.deviantart.com/ , Edwards art gives us that unique gritty realism, not done often in digital art which will help reflect our setting and game in our rule book, however don't take our word for it here is a sneak peak at two of the pieces we have currently done :

Our Greater one of Dusk Host here:

and our current Wul'vin Hybrids right up beside their makers the Wul'Vren

Our facebook is here: https://www.facebook.com/underfirewargaming?ref=hl were we will be opening a group for our alpha rules here in the next few weeks.

Also our website is still under works but here is a link to it : http://erebus-studios.weebly.com/

We look forward to hearing back from everyone here as we begin getting things ramped up, please provide your ideas and feed back and we will be very happy to answer any questions you have.

We hope you will join us on this journey to realizing our dream game!,

with best regards- Shawn and everyone at Erebus Studios
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:47:31 AM by Erebus Studios »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Erebus Studios - Veil Fall Kickstarter coming next month!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 07:32:31 AM »
Well. I have no interest in RPGs and even if I were, I'm hardly keen on the particular genre this seems to fit in. The wolf boys still look as interesting as ever of course but I suppose the p&p fees will kill my interest in taking part in your KS (even if there's a separate miniatures option to begin with). All the same, best of luck! 8)

Offline Erebus Studios

• Student
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »
Well. I have no interest in RPGs and even if I were, I'm hardly keen on the particular genre this seems to fit in. The wolf boys still look as interesting as ever of course but I suppose the p&p fees will kill my interest in taking part in your KS (even if there's a separate miniatures option to begin with). All the same, best of luck! 8)

Were sorry for the mix up their, Our first rule set will be a straight out separate table top miniatures skirmish game, from their we plan too add on an expansion that will allow players to play a full scale RPG. Think of the skirmish game as the combat rules of the RPG but with enough depth and structure to be its own game. However our rules are currently still in alpha and if enough feed back is given to diverge the two away from each other than we will reconsider this plan.

The Good news for our kickstarter will be purely for our miniatures, no rules or tie in's. Sadly we do not have distribution set up in Europe to avoid any additional shipping fees for over seas backers, we do apologize for this in advance, however we will have our products set up with distributors when our funding miniatures become open to the public for sale.

Thank you however for your best wishes and feed back!.

We also want to introduce the concept artwork for our first batch of Human miniatures in Veil fall , Here are our Legionnaires :

with best regards - Shawn. 

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
Were sorry for the mix up
I suppose I might've read your post a bit closer too, for that matter :?

The Good news for our kickstarter will be purely for our miniatures
That in particular is good to hear (for me personally) because it tends to be the other way around these days: (1) a majority of KS projects that fly over the radar not only tie in the rules but are actually board games with miniatures, and (2) the projects do not provide an option to get just the miniatures, presumably because it would hurt the sales of the whole hog.

OTOH it might not be a good format for the campaign itself. While there have been some successful miniatures only KS projects (those of Raging Heroes come to mind) but I don't think they are massive successes generally. Not that an open table top "real" miniature game is usually a top seller in crowdsourcing either AFAIK.

Offline Erebus Studios

• Student
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »
tnjrp - We decided to go with funding our miniatures first as our rules are still in development and will soon be open in alpha form for the community to try out, playtest and give us their feed back and ideas so we can structure the rules to what our community will want to play, this also builds interest in our game and will grow our fan base as they help develop and become apart of the games development.

We agree that the most successful kick-starters tend to be board games and full gaming kits as tends to be the aim of this area of the Kickstarter market , however we feel we will reach and exceed our funding goal and get some wonderful miniatures produced with the help of the miniature community. In the long run we plan to produce many products for the Veil Fall setting but firmly believe our Miniatures game will be the best market to start in and continue to support our first product in.

The Kyimtaro are going to be apart of the campaign as well, in fact even better news the first sculpt of them is complete ;) :

We hope you all like the sculpt!.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
 8)

The posture is a nice exception to the "furries" are almost invariably depicted standing on their hind legs (and with their backs too straight for comfort, considering the typical digitigrade arrangement has been kept in all those dogboyz and catgrrlz). Not sure how it can really grasp the big knife thingy with those stubby fingers tho.

Offline Erebus Studios

• Student
8)

The posture is a nice exception to the "furries" are almost invariably depicted standing on their hind legs (and with their backs too straight for comfort, considering the typical digitigrade arrangement has been kept in all those dogboyz and catgrrlz). Not sure how it can really grasp the big knife thingy with those stubby fingers tho.

We decided on doing a much more hybridized Hyena Design for our Kyimtaro, we feel it makes them stand out and more realistic as you have mentioned above. Well the will be able to bend their fingers enough to grasp the blade, if not they can always carry it in their mouths :P.

We are glad you like them however!, we are getting nearer too having a confirmed date for our campaign, keep an eye on the thread everyone!.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well the will be able to bend their fingers enough to grasp the blade, if not they can always carry it in their mouths :P.
In the latter case, they'd be better served with something like this:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/235/0/1/klingon_bat__leth_by_beezlbub-d47keix.jpg

Offline Erebus Studios

• Student
That is quite a nice looking blade I think as a stretch goal we can gain some inspiration for that idea ;),