Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Muthaship done  (Read 235282 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Food!!
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2018, 03:02:26 AM »
Again after looking through all the threads again I will have to do this in 15MM, for a P.A. world or a forgotten space Colony.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2018, 05:36:30 AM »
Dr Zombie - did you notice their postage charge?

No that was just a quick google search. Round here you can buy insects like that everywhere.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #617 on: August 13, 2018, 06:14:33 PM »
So I have been checking out the Facebook link, to see some of the earlier photos, and again all I can say is WOW!

I have been looking at a lot of WW II vehicles, for there are many that are some really odd ducks in that era. That I feel would make for some great not so easily recognize able P.A. vehicles, after packing them with bobs and fobs and rolls.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #618 on: August 13, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »
So I have been checking out the Facebook link, to see some of the earlier photos, and again all I can say is WOW!

I have been looking at a lot of WW II vehicles, for there are many that are some really odd ducks in that era. That I feel would make for some great not so easily recognize able P.A. vehicles, after packing them with bobs and fobs and rolls.

Thanks War Monkey. Agree on the WW II vehicles. I keep thinking some of the armoured cars would make a great base. My problem is the 50 or so resin vehicles I have already got that I need to work my way through!!

Almost done some proper bug meat as well for Dr Zombie. Hope to post an update in the next few days.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #619 on: August 18, 2018, 05:53:17 AM »
In my search, for many other things or projects that I'm working on in HO scale which works well for 15mm, I'm finding tons of stuff to use for such a project, I will be hitting all the Hobby Train Shows and Swaps, hoping to build a big pile of fobs and bobs.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #620 on: August 18, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
It a bit horrifying when you realize all of the post-apoc gamers look at each other's stuff, and use it for inspiration, which leads to more ideas, which lead to more borrowing, which leads to...we're all a bit touched in the head, I think.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #621 on: August 19, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
@Sinewgrab .... Indeed we are. It is a lovely place to be. OP... wonderful stuff.
I should be painting right now.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Meat for Dr Zombie
« Reply #622 on: August 19, 2018, 11:05:29 PM »
It a bit horrifying when you realize all of the post-apoc gamers look at each other's stuff, and use it for inspiration, which leads to more ideas, which lead to more borrowing, which leads to...we're all a bit touched in the head, I think.

Horrifying or awesome. Touched or fired up? Who knows. I love seeing other people's craziness and taking bits from them, covering them in glue and then sticking them on upside-down and seeing what happens.

In my search, for many other things or projects that I'm working on in HO scale which works well for 15mm, I'm finding tons of stuff to use for such a project, I will be hitting all the Hobby Train Shows and Swaps, hoping to build a big pile of fobs and bobs.

Fobs and bobs are the food of inspiration. Jealous of your show touring, especially in the US, where you have all that awesome O scale stuff to play with. I occasionally place a big order with US Railroad companies and then cross my fingers it gets through customs without killing me in tax.

Right...on to the Dr Zombie challenge. Dr Z rightly pointed out the mundaneness of my food selection so I've been out in the wastes finding some more appropriate rad-riddled food for Junktown. As ever, without any sense of proportion or control, this has somewhat increased the size of my little butcher shop. Not so little now, so I have to split it over a few photos. Haven't quite worked out how the final version will be laid out.

Pics....

The shop

The meat. Land shark head (there's good eating' on them), Rad-runner legs and a tunnel squid, in the process of being de-tentacled.

More meat. A whole Rad-runner, with sting yet to be removed, the Land shark's body and a shrike bug on a pallet lifter.

And the refrigerator plus live stock. Common or garden goats and pigs plus a couple of carnivores slugs in an electrified cage.

For some reason, I feel slightly more touched than usual after making this one Sinewgrab o_o o_o o_o

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #623 on: August 20, 2018, 12:45:54 AM »
YUM!  :o :P :-* :-*
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #624 on: August 20, 2018, 02:06:03 AM »
And I love it!  :o :D

Isn't it great when you suddenly realize the project took on a life of its own?

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #625 on: August 20, 2018, 05:24:10 AM »
Wow! That is some great STUFF! I can't wait to see some paint on all of it!

Just need a kitchen or even a diner! Where one can go and get a nice freshly fried slab of Mystery Meat!  :P

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #626 on: August 20, 2018, 05:38:37 AM »
 :o I love it! :-*

Your eye for bits and detail is outstanding. Details like the cut up countertop really brings everything to life.

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #627 on: August 20, 2018, 06:42:03 AM »
really good. Gives away how dangerous life is in the junktown if you have to keep your food from eating yourself instead  ;)
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #628 on: August 20, 2018, 07:42:55 AM »
Stunning :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I am sure I have said it before but you bit box must be amazing :o :o :o

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #629 on: August 20, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »
Love the huge leg strapped to the upright pallet.
As usual wonderful imagination.