Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Muthaship done  (Read 235341 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
I would second this. Putting the Harley there, lets more "breathing space", and more harmony to the geometry of the picture.
How you achieve everything to blend together in the end, this is magic!
And the whole thing of bits and bob s seems that has been put there by a long (timewise) natural procedure... 
Yes, you achieved harmonious clutter too!  ;)
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Stunning, as always.  I would say go with the Harley under the bus and get that wasteland explorer out there and ready to do some exploring. What is it by the way?

It's a Matchbox Lasertron with tracks added. Unpainted WIP here. Had it sitting around covered in salt for ages so I thought I ought to get on with it, but the consensus looks like its for the Harley, so maybe I'll just need to do it anyway and leave it sitting around somewhere.

Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Cheers for the info Mac. I'm currently looking at and collecting possible base vehicles for waterlining and converting for a PA canal/waterworld type scenario. That and its sister vehicles look like good candidates. All the best, Joe

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
My choice would be to leave the explorer there (but not stuck down). It looks like it belongs in the space whereas the Harley seems a bit out of place.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
My Eyes are not worthy to cast upon your objects of GREATNESS!  :o
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Awesomesauce (as usual) 8)

I too feel like the explorer fits in there better than the piled up Harley. However; it is such a great vehicle, that it would be a shame to hide it away like that. Perhaps build up the junk pile with the Harley a bit more so it closes the space off a bit more?

And I'm now really curious to learn where those small steps will be leading to, as right now, they're like the Road to Nowhere (Hah!)...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
The Harley doesn't fit in that space but I don't think you should hide the explorer in there either, Not much help sorry!
How about re-positioning the Bike ?

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
Awesomesauce (as usual) 8)

I too feel like the explorer fits in there better than the piled up Harley. However; it is such a great vehicle, that it would be a shame to hide it away like that. Perhaps build up the junk pile with the Harley a bit more so it closes the space off a bit more?

And I'm now really curious to learn where those small steps will be leading to, as right now, they're like the Road to Nowhere (Hah!)...

The stairs will then run into a ladder which allows access to all that crap on the roof of the bus.  And I will add more stuff behind the Harley. It will also have the hangar wall behind it so it won't feel quite so 'unfilled'.

The Harley doesn't fit in that space but I don't think you should hide the explorer in there either, Not much help sorry!
How about re-positioning the Bike ?

Oh it all helps. I think the issue is probably as Daeothar described. The space looks a bit under-filled by the bike. I'll put some more material in to bulk out a bit.

My Eyes are not worthy to cast upon your objects of GREATNESS!  :o

And War Monkey - Thank You!!

In sum, I think Harley, with some adaptation, is winning, but I'm doing the Explorer anyway so I can always change at the last moment. If indecisiveness is a religion, I'm a high priest.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Beautiful stuff.
I don't know if you are after more opinions on the harley vs family sedan idea but I'd go for the Harley and junk underneath, the explorer vehicle seems to orderly under there.

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
I agree that the Explorer should be used and not hidden, the work you did with it is great would be a shame to bury it and hide it. 

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
Thank you all very much for the input - I think I'll go with (augmented) Harley pile but push on with the explorer too so I can have it feature in the Hangar somewhere.

Back to Interior Project 1 - the Home Office. Now complete, with rust etc and I'm lucky enough to have another nice day for photos. I've put it into the rough final position in the Hangar to show how it will sit. The observant amongst you will note I have not yet made a route up there. Still pondering that, based on the things that sit in Project 3, just in front of it. Pics...

The whole thing

Racking

Home Office

Interior

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Breathtaking  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Are those 300mm to the foot scale?

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
Are those 300mm to the foot scale?

Yes, give or take the odd mm  ;) ;). I keep my Hangar in an old, abandoned hangar.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Fantastic  8)