Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: The Constitution Wasteland (First member of "The Patriots" 7/1)  (Read 7663 times)

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
Hey everyone, I've finally decided to start a Fallout project, though I'm not sure it will be updated as quickly as, say, Wyrmalla's project. To start things off, a bit of background that I've been writing. The newest chapter on this was published moments ago, but that's after a 3 year hiatus...... so yeah. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8850006/1/Highlands-of-The-New-York-Wastes

Edit: First minis are also on the way from Brother Vinni, though other things will be getting done as well, such as terrain, and some minis that straddle the line of lore friendly, and not so much.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:42:06 PM by MajorTalon »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Re: Fallout: Western Connecticut, Putnam County, and Beyond (?)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:56:17 PM »
To start things off, a bit of background that I've been writing. The newest chapter on this was published moments ago, but that's after a 3 year hiatus...... so yeah. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8850006/1/Highlands-of-The-New-York-Wastes
Really like what you've written so far, brief but it captures the imagination and leaves you a lot of room to grow your setting.

though I'm not sure it will be updated as quickly as, say, Wyrmalla's project.
More than likely none of us will ever match his pace, so I'd say don't sweat it! lol

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
Some of the aforementioned Non-lore friendly minis. They're very WIP. They'll end up as some mercs with weapons that are a bit more advanced.

Really like what you've written so far, brief but it captures the imagination and leaves you a lot of room to grow your setting.

More than likely none of us will ever match his pace, so I'd say don't sweat it! lol
Thank you, I've had the idea in my mind for a while, and I feel that now is the time to have it come to fruition.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:15:04 PM by MajorTalon »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 06:27:50 PM »
Hey in what way are they non-canon? ;)

Ooh, another Fallout thread. Damn these have been popping up quite a bit lately, I suppose the new thread's given people the nudge to post up their stuff now. Heh, well keep on with it, It'll be cool what you come out with for this little stretch of the Fallout world of your's.  :D

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »
I dig the work you've done so far. Good paint job/bases. I'm excited to see what else you put up here in the future.

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 07:18:15 PM »
Fair point. Gotta figure the US Armed Forces would have Picatinny Rails on everything by 2077, even the Fallout world. lol

Terrain should be happening fairly soon. Downtown Deco's O scale kits have caught my eye, so we'll see how that goes.

I dig the work you've done so far. Good paint job/bases. I'm excited to see what else you put up here in the future.

I have a few things planned. The one thing about living in my town, is that you have a lot of historical buildings, and ideas for statues. For example, the British burned down the town during the Revolution, and caused a large battle to happen the next town over, so we have statues of, and streets named after General Putnam. On the note of historical buildings, I really want to make this:

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:21:38 PM »
Hey in what way are they non-canon? ;)

Ooh, another Fallout thread. Damn these have been popping up quite a bit lately, I suppose the new thread's given people the nudge to post up their stuff now. Heh, well keep on with it, It'll be cool what you come out with for this little stretch of the Fallout world of your's.  :D

That's from a mod, isn't it? I don't remember any modern style forgrips or rail systems from the vanilla games (I played it on the 360 first).

You also reminded me that I never did start my Fallout related thread here at LAF. Now that I have the This Is Not A Test rules, I'm eager to do more modelling.

@MajorTalon: Figures look good. Looking forward to seeing more stuff.

~Eric

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 07:27:49 PM »
The All-American was in Vault 34's armory in the vanilla game. I just have to find a way to make that one guy's SCAR work. Possibly a prototype version of the Bozar, considering firearms manufacturing is a big part of my state.

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
The All-American was in Vault 34's armory in the vanilla game. I just have to find a way to make that one guy's SCAR work. Possibly a prototype version of the Bozar, considering firearms manufacturing is a big part of my state.

Surely one of the graces of gaming Fallout is that, given the rayguns and all, you don't have to justify things?

MM.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
There was a mod for Fallout 3 that added a ton of guns to the game. The version for New Vegas tried to be a bit more canon, but the one for 3 had plenty of real world guns. In particular the Brotherhood and Enclave carried SCARs fairly often at higher levels. If its that much of a both then take some green stuff to it and add some fins or a blocky muzzle break or something to the end. Just bear in mind that the Fallout world has things like Pancor Jackhammers and of all things SA80s (the originals stated them, or at least the LMG variant, to be in use with the National Guard. Though "the National Guard used them" seems to be an excuse for throwing in whatever guns the devs feel like).

Aye though, as said that's the All American that I posted. As its a unique weapon I guess the devs just threw it in as a one off, as those rails seem rather off considering that the US apparently had only just transitioned to using Laser Rifles as their standard service rifle after having an AR with a wood stock of all things as their previous one. Special Forces I suppose had the cutting edge equipment which had new and untested technology in use.

...Or other silly reasons for some artist to make a cool gun and stick it in the game. ;)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:47 AM »
I think I have found out what I want my Next AR to look like. I was in the Eighty Duce so this appeals to me.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
There was a mod for Fallout 3 that added a ton of guns to the game. The version for New Vegas tried to be a bit more canon, but the one for 3 had plenty of real world guns. In particular the Brotherhood and Enclave carried SCARs fairly often at higher levels. If its that much of a both then take some green stuff to it and add some fins or a blocky muzzle break or something to the end. Just bear in mind that the Fallout world has things like Pancor Jackhammers and of all things SA80s (the originals stated them, or at least the LMG variant, to be in use with the National Guard. Though "the National Guard used them" seems to be an excuse for throwing in whatever guns the devs feel like).

Aye though, as said that's the All American that I posted. As its a unique weapon I guess the devs just threw it in as a one off, as those rails seem rather off considering that the US apparently had only just transitioned to using Laser Rifles as their standard service rifle after having an AR with a wood stock of all things as their previous one. Special Forces I suppose had the cutting edge equipment which had new and untested technology in use.

...Or other silly reasons for some artist to make a cool gun and stick it in the game. ;)
I bow to your superior knowledge gentlemen. Been a while since I last played. Clearly I need to play through again... Lol.

I went looking through the Wiki last night and found a SAW, which I will be equipping one of my guys with, so I've decidedly joined the Fallout modern guns movement. :D

~Eric

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 03:36:11 AM »
I bow to your superior knowledge gentlemen. Been a while since I last played. Clearly I need to play through again... Lol.

I went looking through the Wiki last night and found a SAW, which I will be equipping one of my guys with, so I've decidedly joined the Fallout modern guns movement. :D

~Eric

One of us, one of us. ;)

Update: Ordered a '56 Crown Vic, as well as Modern Masters Reactive Iron Paint, and Rust activator. Terrain shall be underway. Also, can't forget the Wargames Factory Male Survivors.

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
Re: Fallout: The Constitution Wasteland
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 11:51:35 AM »
Waiting for the mail, so as a form of hype, have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcgUBOX9cc

What it fails to mention is the mini reactor, and pip-boy compatibility.

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
Re: Fallout: The Constitution Wasteland
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2015, 03:55:30 AM »
Work progresses. :D

Y'know, cars don't usually look good after 200 years in the wastelands. This one's gonna get worse.

Should be getting the Modern Masters Paint and Rust activator on Monday or Tuesday.