Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:46:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689615
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 540
Total: 547

Recent

Author Topic: Celt Minis - help?  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Re: Celt Minis - help?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 05:33:57 PM »
Bronze Age recently had some Celtic style barbarians in their fantasy section. Most of them are gone now (David seems to be making new ones to replace them) but maybe he still has some that he can sell you, if you ask. They were nice, flairful sculpts in a style not unlike Celtos.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 07:30:59 PM »
Why not just Celtos and EM4 “Barbarians?”  All Copplestones sculpts.

Really?
Are the Celtos figures by Copplestone? I never knew that... They don't have quite his look, but it probably explains why I like them so much...

I must go and take another look to see if I can spot some of those trademark Copplestone design motifs ...  o_o

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »

Really?
Are the Celtos figures by Copplestone?

Kev White rather than Mark Copplestone, surely...?

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
Wow, seems like everyone's had the same idea for a fantasy Celt army at some point.

Westphalia Chris, thank you for the offer, I may get back to you on that. I have a few other things to get out of the way first, and this was gonna be a side project for the New Year really (see, planning ahead!) but I'lll bear all this info in mind when I get round to it.

Much obliged chaps, very helpful.  :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »
Looked up the miniatures, and the numbers are fluctuating! The unpainted/basecoated figure count is up to 8, painted ones down to 11. 19 Figures overall with some separate shields.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »
They look great Chris, and thanks for the offer. Would you mind if I got back to you about it sometime next week? Have to wait until payday before I can buy anymore minis.  :'(

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 09:55:55 PM »
They look great Chris, and thanks for the offer. Would you mind if I got back to you about it sometime next week? Have to wait until payday before I can buy anymore minis.  :'(

Yes, no problem with that - didn´t want to sound pushy. It´s just since those figures went in and out of boxes in the hope of selling them so often, I wanted to make sure that I have an accurate and up-to-date offer. I would trade as well, BTW. PM me for details - we don´t need to clog up the thread with it.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 09:59:56 PM »
Will do mate, cheers.  ;)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 10:25:13 PM »
@Chris

Is that female figure (in your pictures) from the same range? Just wondering if she's still available from any manufacturer.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »
@Chris

Is that female figure (in your pictures) from the same range? Just wondering if she's still available from any manufacturer.
Funnily enough Rhods, I asked BTD recently what happened to the Kelt range. This was their reply.

"The Harlequin Kelt range was sold off probably 12-15 years ago but I can't remember who to. Might have been Duncan who does one of the UK magazines. No idea if they went into production with anyone."

I haven't e-mailed any of the magazines yet to see what happened to the range.

They are apparently selling their Gallic Orc range soon as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:42:02 PM by twrchtrwyth »
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 11:41:59 PM »
@Chris

Funnily enough Rhods, I asked BTD recently what happened to the Kelt range. This was their reply.

"The Harlequin Kelt range was sold off probably 12-15 years ago but I can't remember who to. Might have been Duncan who does one of the UK magazines. No idea if they went into production with anyone."

That would be Duncan McFarlane who edits Wargames illustrated, I wouldnt hold out too much hope on them ever being cast up though

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 11:43:03 PM »
@Chris

That would be Duncan McFarlane who edits Wargames illustrated, I wouldnt hold out too much hope on them ever being cast up though
Why? That answer sounded very cloak and dagger! lol

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:43 PM »
No not at all, Duncan is a great chap had one or two beers  ::) and a curry with him at Partizan along with the Frother lads and had a great time. I just get the feeling form the scarcity of the Dee Zee minis and the Trent minis (which he has only released a very small part of the collection) that it is not his core interest

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »

Really?
Are the Celtos figures by Copplestone? I never knew that... They don't have quite his look, but it probably explains why I like them so much...

I must go and take another look to see if I can spot some of those trademark Copplestone design motifs ...  o_o

Forgive me for the confusion caused.  I meant that all of the EM4 Barbarians are "Copplestone."  The Celtos certainly are not.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »
Not being terribly helpful here I guess but I have a large pile of Blacktree , Renegade and some Foundry Mounted Huns . They all seem to match pretty well except for the huge Horses on the Renegade Chariots compared to the Ponies from Foundry . I'm still not sure if its worth worrying about though  :?
Anything new that I buy from now on will be Warlord Celts .
Hope to paint them for my next project .